Odyssey Works Putters Preview

There's absolutely no need for this.

Your best bet is always going to be to reach out to the manufacturer. I'm sure Odyssey will have a solid explanation for you on Monday.

Whoa whoa whoa! Let's keep it civil. THP is much better than that ......it takes a bigger person to shrug it off and move on
My apologies for my language, but not my sentiment.
I heard a patronizing tone. That's all there is to it.

My apologies for my language, but not my sentiment.
I heard a patronizing tone. That's all there is to it.
This is the internet, tone is often misunderstood.... Let's move on shall we

Now that I apprently have more people's attention, let me clarify.
Since the sales rep I asked could not give me an answer, and asked that I call back Monday...
I ask of anyone who might have a Works Tank, if they see a shine of brass in through the end of their SS grip, or, better yet, anyone who has had it regripped, or shortened, if they observed counterbalance weight.
This is how the counterbalancing was acheived in the first Tank line, and it would make sense that they would continue this, since the objective of CBing is to put the weight above your hands, which seems to be less effective if using the weight of the grip.

I ended up picking up a 35" 2-ball Fang wih the SS 3.0 grip today. I'm quite happy with it. I spent a lot of time demoing this along with the 38" counterbalance version and both a 35 and 38 #1W counterbalance as well. I moving up from the TayorMade Ghost Spider Si Counter balance that I never got comfortable with.

Looking forward to getting this on the course in a couple of weeks now that the cold has broken and the snow is starting to melt.

Didn't have a minute to get to Golfsmith this weekend. I need to make it happen asap.

This putter haunts my dreams.

Anyone get to compare the 2 ball fang to the 2 ball fang tank?

Well, according to the Odyssey CS rep, the new tanks are indeed counterbalanced with the grip weight (150g appatently). So incase anyone else wonders, the info is here now. Re-grips and shaft length adjustments should be made with care.
Personally, I'm going to add a small weight after shortening, to keep the same feel, while keeping the butt end of the grip from brushing against my clothes. Working on a way to figure how much weight... Or I might just put 10g in and call it day, lol.

I had my first round with this putter (#7) and used it for 12 holes before switching to a SeeMorX3.

The #7 just frames the ball well for me. The Tank version gives me the weight I like along with the CB in the grip.

The insert and mesh combo is the real deal in how it created forward roll. My distance control was spot on & I had a few downhill putts that didn't go in, but left tap ins.

I made several mid range putts with confidence as well.

Overall for the first time out I was impressed and I'm looking forward to more time with this one, but so far so good.

Well, according to the Odyssey CS rep, the new tanks are indeed counterbalanced with the grip weight (150g appatently). So incase anyone else wonders, the info is here now. Re-grips and shaft length adjustments should be made with care.
Personally, I'm going to add a small weight after shortening, to keep the same feel, while keeping the butt end of the grip from brushing against my clothes. Working on a way to figure how much weight... Or I might just put 10g in and call it day, lol.

You could always wait until the new SuperStroke grips with the changeable weights hit stores.

You could always wait until the new SuperStroke grips with the changeable weights hit stores.
I thought about it, but I do like the Tank graphic, and a <1 dollar weight is way cheaper!

I had a feeling that was the case. Glad you got the answer you were searching for LoPan!

Wonder why they made the switch... Hmmm....

Last edited:
I was inches away from walking out of golfsmith with the #7 tank. The feel and speed control with the 35" tank was very close to the SC X5. The only things that I didn't like with the #7 Tank was the size of the head and the random crushed putt. That second one is on me. I have a tendency to rush the stroke and with insert putters that kills me. I don't doubt I'll get my hands on a #7 Tanked at some point this season, just not for the beginning

Anyone get to compare the 2 ball fang to the 2 ball fang tank?

I did since my Golfsmith had both the 35" standard and 38" counterbalance versions in lefty.

I'm coming from a 38" counterbalance TM Ghost Spider Si that I never got familiar with. I personally liked the lighter weight of the 35" better. (360 vs 380g) It seemed to me that the 38" CB version would need to be bent significantly upright for me in order to get my eyes over the ball. I'm 6'3" so I didn't think the shorter one would be ideal for me but I probably would have gone with the 35" CB #1W Tank if I hadn't selected the 2-Ball Fang.

I did since my Golfsmith had both the 35" standard and 38" counterbalance versions in lefty.

I'm coming from a 38" counterbalance TM Ghost Spider Si that I never got familiar with. I personally liked the lighter weight of the 35" better. (360 vs 380g) It seemed to me that the 38" CB version would need to be bent significantly upright for me in order to get my eyes over the ball. I'm 6'3" so I didn't think the shorter one would be ideal for me but I probably would have gone with the 35" CB #1W Tank if I hadn't selected the 2-Ball Fang.

Are you changing your hand positon? Curious as to why your eye position would change. The 38" is designed to be held just like you would the 35".

Are you changing your hand positon? Curious as to why your eye position would change. The 38" is designed to be held just like you would the 35".
Yup. Your supposed to choke up atleast an inch. The only reason I'm shortening my 38" is because when I choke up enough, the end of the grip brushes my clothes

Honestly, I'm a bit of a bigger guy and the 38" would come close to my stomach and sometimes catch on my shirt. However, compared between my old Ghost Spider Si and the comparable 38" 2 ball, the Odyssey seems to be a little more uncomfortable in my posture. I just happened to like having the extra 3 inches of space between the club and my body.

Picked up the #1W at Golfsmith with a nice 50% trade in bonus. Looking forward to taking her out on the course this weekend.

Hey War Eagle...

I dare you.

Now why would you do that? You already saw he has zero control when dared. He's flying to Ohio for gods sake isn't that enough? :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425958022.936565.jpg

I'll leave this terrible tapa iPhone pic here for you ryjo

Do it

Back