Odyssey Works Putters Preview

#ThePeerPressureIsReal

sorry if this was asked and answered already, but I'm not reading through all 28 pages. What's the sound of this putter? Is it metal-ish? Unsure with the metal over the white hot insert

I just couldn't resist getting 50% trade in and I picked up my first #9. I didn't need it, but for $53, and the way it was calling my name on the Golfsmith putting green, I couldn't resist.

This should be a fun experiment.

71c14dea9e9e128ecf1a39ed6488464f.jpg

d40eacf2b5f1aedb1bff33ca023aa504.jpg

6d49800306440eae2c474c5065b2ea2a.jpg

I like the shape.

Dan with the V-Line, shocking putter shape for him, but I like it!

sorry if this was asked and answered already, but I'm not reading through all 28 pages. What's the sound of this putter? Is it metal-ish? Unsure with the metal over the white hot insert
For me...muted. Very muted. As in the ball makes no sound at all coming off the face. Just a super soft feel at impact and the steel is there so the ball turns over and rolls sooner.

Again, to me, they accomplished the feel then roll thing 100%.

Odyssey/Callaway hit a home run.

No7 has just gone into my bag, wanted the counterbalanced version but couldn't be bothered waiting a few weeks, so just got the standard one. It was nice to finally find a Odyssey putter to knock out my original White Hot No1.

Gave it a good session yesterday afternoon and it is just so consistant distance wise, I was finding the balls were all ending within a few inches of each other every time. Guessing that is the mesh at work rolling the ball a little faster.

I got my new Odyssey Works V-Line (Super Stroke) out to the practice green today. I am super impressed with the first go round with it. Very easy to hit my lines and very easy to setup and aim where I wanted to. I've never owned a oversized Super Stroke grip so I was a little bit worried about control, but so far so good there. Distance control seemed spot on as well. Sound and feel are top notch as to be expected from Odyssey.... I'm super impressed so far!

I got my new Odyssey Works V-Line (Super Stroke) out to the practice green today. I am super impressed with the first go round with it. Very easy to hit my lines and very easy to setup and aim where I wanted to. I've never owned a oversized Super Stroke grip so I was a little bit worried about control, but so far so good there. Distance control seemed spot on as well. Sound and feel are top notch as to be expected from Odyssey.... I'm super impressed so far!

Get lots of time with it. You're going to need it

:)

Got to roll a couple of these at store the other day. Tried the V-Line and the #7 (non-tank). The V-Line and I did not get along. However, the #7 putted quite well for me although I don't think it could take my current gamer out of the bag. I'm not a huge fan of the versa scheme but I will say it's less noticeable with silver/black than the previous years of white/black. I've never been much of an insert guy, but the face is great. I love the feel of it. As a lefty that is not a plumber neck fan, my choices have always been limited with Odyssey. I could see myself having one on hand if they brought back the Sabertooth or a LH version of the rossie.

This should be a fun experiment.

71c14dea9e9e128ecf1a39ed6488464f.jpg

d40eacf2b5f1aedb1bff33ca023aa504.jpg

6d49800306440eae2c474c5065b2ea2a.jpg

Ok, I have to ask...i know you are also testing out the giant FGP. Having spent time with both, if you only wanted to game one or the other which one would it be?

if you don't want to answer in this thread, feel free to start a new one, or PM me your response.

Ok, I have to ask...i know you are also testing out the giant FGP. Having spent time with both, if you only wanted to game one or the other which one would it be?

if you don't want to answer in this thread, feel free to start a new one, or PM me your response.

Man, great question. I've only had one on course session with the V-Line so far. I bought the head shape and the style purely because of the roll it puts on the ball.

In time, I think I'll be able to answer this, although considering the differences between the two (mallet shape vs large FGP shape, insert vs non-insert) it might be a tough apples to apples comparison.

Man, great question. I've only had one on course session with the V-Line so far. I bought the head shape and the style purely because of the roll it puts on the ball.

In time, I think I'll be able to answer this, although considering the differences between the two (mallet shape vs large FGP shape, insert vs non-insert) it might be a tough apples to apples comparison.

ok, follow up question. I saw in the giant thread that you didn't think it would replace the m7 private reserve as the full time gamer. Does the v-line have a shot at being the gamer, or will nothing unseat the m7 pr?

For me...muted. Very muted. As in the ball makes no sound at all coming off the face. Just a super soft feel at impact and the steel is there so the ball turns over and rolls sooner.

Again, to me, they accomplished the feel then roll thing 100%.

Just spent considerable time on the greens with my 38 inch 2 ball fang tank. I'm coming from a Taylor made Daddy long legs. The insert in the odyssey is a great improvement over the white hot and for the first time I can say that roll put on the ball is superior to the Taylormade pure roll. The pure roll puts a nice roll on the ball and I have only been using Taylormades for a few years now. Finally, I can go back to Odyssey. The Odyssesy works gives me a more controlled roll that comes in handy on downhill sliders and really fast greens.

The 2 ball has, obviously, always been a superior alignment system but I have never found 2 balls to be particularly high MOI mallets. This 2 Ball fang is at least on par with the TM ghost spider SI in terms of stability and I did not feel that it was significantly less stable than the Daddy long legs. A really stable putter with now the best insert coupled with the 2 ball alignment system. Well done Odyssey

ok, follow up question. I saw in the giant thread that you didn't think it would replace the m7 private reserve as the full time gamer. Does the v-line have a shot at being the gamer, or will nothing unseat the m7 pr?

I find it really unlikely. This was an impulse buy to not only see what a large mallet could do for me, but also learn more about the works. I suppose time will tell though - I'm always open to the idea of change.

First round with the #1W and I really liked how the ball came off the quiet putter face. This is my first time using a Superstroke 3.0 slim grip so I had distance control issues on lag putts. I'll need more practice to get the feel right.

Back