UK Summer Cup 2015

please can someone confirm the entry requirements?
i guess my main impediments are that I'm not a member of club, having only started playing last year with any regularity (I.e. More than a couple of times, 10 rounds in 2014), have no actual handicap, and, probably most importantly, can't drown several pints of the local ale :bashful:
work in progress I think...

Entry Requirements

1. Sufficient commitment to pay the money and turn up.
2. Sense of humour

ummmmm...that'll do it.

You will be very welcome at this event if you want to come along!

Time to grab a couple hours sleep before the alarm goes off at 2am

Will catch up with the details if I can while we are away, otherwise will be in touch when we get back next weekend

Have fun Doc!

Entry Requirements

2. Sense of humour

ummmmm...that'll do it.

oh...drinking?

Just nominate Geo to drink for you. (Everyone else does) ;-)

Entry Requirements

2. Sense of humour

ummmmm...that'll do it.

It does sound like so much fun... Is 56 too old? I need to time it with a visit to see daughter at York uni!

oh...drinking?

Just nominate Geo to drink for you. (Everyone else does) ;-)

sounds like someone is famous..

It does sound like so much fun... Is 56 too old? I need to time it with a visit to see daughter at York uni!

sounds like someone is famous..

56 too old? Pah! Mid table in this group.

Geo. Good golfer. Less good when hungover. However the Newton boys, (Baileys and Ice) And Sam have been known to have a swift half too. Linus and I can usually be forced into sniffing a barmaids apron.

There are also some tee totalers....we cover all the bases.

��

Just checking in, got WiFi access in a couple places

Had a few nice warm days around low 20's so feeling nicely chilled out, had a ride up to Marbella today for a few hours (see my Twitter for a pic)

Looks like Geo could be up for a few drinks again eh..... :D

It is a bit chilly here compared to what we have had for the last week....from low 20s to 6....

Guessing nothing else has been happening

It is a bit chilly here compared to what we have had for the last week....from low 20s to 6....

Guessing nothing else has been happening
I hope you're still enjoying yourself even if it's a bit cool there.

El B is probably busy with the finishing touches on the "fines" list. I'm guessing there's a pretty hefty one for anyone that vacations in Spain within 6 months of The Cup. Everyone else is either working on their game or their excuses, depending on what will work best.

Was a bit of a shock when we got off the plane at Newcastle to come back to these temperatures

I wouldn't be surprised if El B has got some plans up his sleeve - wouldn't expect anything less :D

Just played my last game before I go in for my operation. In typical fashon I'm in a little bit of form too with 38 points two weeks in a row..
Cubs now locked away for a while :banghead:

It feels like I have disadvantage here.. You're all playing and going to Spain.. I'm just waiting (on the couch with a beer in my hand) for the ice to melt so I at least can hit some balls on the driving range! :(

It feels like I have disadvantage here.. You're all playing and going to Spain.. I'm just waiting (on the couch with a beer in my hand) for the ice to melt so I at least can hit some balls on the driving range! :(

I might have been to Spain for a week, but there wasn't any golf, although I have been to the range here at home a couple times up to now

Not been out on the course yet though

I might have been to Spain for a week, but there wasn't any golf, although I have been to the range here at home a couple times up to now

Not been out on the course yet though
Well that was your choice.. You were there! ;)

The road to recovery starts today....

363aa2280c18b43263eafb97f4288ec1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get well soon. How long until you are fully healed?

Better than first thought...

I originally I was told I couldn't drive for 4-6 weeks but the surgeon has said I can drive in two weeks and I can try to swing a club in four weeks :banana:

Tis but a mere scratch Damo, I expect to see you on the course this weekend :D

Hope it heals well and does the trick for you

Better than first thought...

I originally I was told I couldn't drive for 4-6 weeks but the surgeon has said I can drive in two weeks and I can try to swing a club in four weeks :banana:
I have heard performance enhancing drugs.. Have you been one of the first to try performance enhancing surgery?!

Tis but a mere scratch Damo, I expect to see you on the course this weekend :D

Hope it heals well and does the trick for you

Thanks Glenn, I'm sure I'll be back before long (fingers crossed!)..

I have heard performance enhancing drugs.. Have you been one of the first to try performance enhancing surgery?!

I think I know somewhere I can get my hands on some if my rehab is a little slow! :clown:

Just don't rush back too soon and make it worse - you don't want to miss the July weekend

I dont plan on it mate. I've got at least 6 weeks off work to make sure I'm fit and strong again...

I dont plan on it mate. I've got at least 6 weeks off work to make sure I'm fit and strong again...

Good luck with the rehab, looking forward to meeting you and robo-shoulder in July

The road to recovery starts today....

363aa2280c18b43263eafb97f4288ec1.jpg

You'll be hoisting pints before you know it.

Hope you heal quickly.

Back