adidas climaheat Half-Zip Training Top - THP Review

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
In for review is the adidas climaheat Half-Zip Training Top. Awesome packaging for this one, coming it what appears to be a way to easily store clothing in a golf bag for just-in-case scenarios. I'll let the pictures and their marketing do the talking for right now, but I'm excited with what I see. Some great looking fabric that will add a warm layer without adding to bulk which I am very excited to take advantage of, as layering is always an issue for range of motion.

From adidas

The climaheat™ ½ zip has you covered. The climaheat™ fabric provides maximum warmth while optimizing movement. You’ll beat the cold, beating your buddies is up to you.
  • Climaheat fabric for maximum warmth and maximum movement
  • Two front zipper pockets
  • Raglan sleeve
  • Engineered with puremotion stretch
  • Contrast adidas brandmark on back yoke
  • Climaheat 95% Ply/5% Elastane

Color Options: Black/NightFlash (purple) -- MidGrey/VistaGrey (pictured) -- NightMarine (Dark Blue)/VistaGrey -- VistaGrey/Black

In Hand Photos

20150326_135727-L.jpg

20150326_135736-L.jpg

20150326_135813-L.jpg

20150326_135821-L.jpg

20150326_135840-L.jpg

20150326_135858-L.jpg

20150326_135940-L.jpg

20150326_140004-L.jpg

20150326_140051-L.jpg

20150326_140055-L.jpg

I like the looks of this quite a bit. Probably a good thing for this time of year and early morning/late rounds.

I like the looks of this quite a bit. Probably a good thing for this time of year and early morning/late rounds.

Absolutely the case. It's improving in Ohio big time, but I'll tell you what, there's still plenty of bite.

This weekend I was switching between a full wool 1/2 zip and a much thinner layer. This would have served extremely well.

Absolutely the case. It's improving in Ohio big time, but I'll tell you what, there's still plenty of bite.

This weekend I was switching between a full wool 1/2 zip and a much thinner layer. This would have served extremely well.

do you know what the retail price is for these?

I like them and look forward to learning more about them.

Solid 1/2 zip there. I like that gray as well.

I like the look of this

Are you able to compare this to the Puma tops that were recently a big success here?

I like the look of this

Are you able to compare this to the Puma tops that were recently a big success here?

This is built for colder temps, I suspect. The Puma zips are more of a jersey-like feel to me, ideal for days where a polo isn't enough.

Out of the package, this top is more akin to colder days where a jacket or windbreaker isn't necessary... Or if it is, something with added warmth can be worn underneath.

Just screams #OhioApproved

Liking the looks for sure, would serve a purposes many months out of the year

Pretty sweet packaging, and a nice layer to have for those early morning rounds.

This is built for colder temps, I suspect. The Puma zips are more of a jersey-like feel to me, ideal for days where a polo isn't enough.

Out of the package, this top is more akin to colder days where a jacket or windbreaker isn't necessary... Or if it is, something with added warmth can be worn underneath.

Thanks Dan,

I could see this being worn for more than just golf if I get one

This thing looks awesome IMO.

Interesting packaging for storage, gonna have to get that fold down! I like the idea of the product though. I'm always looking for good layering options.

Wearing this around the house right now. Set to 67 and I am more than comfortable. Will leave the warm related comfort thoughts to another day when I've taken it outside on the course.

It wears an awful lot like a typical 1/4 zip layer would, with the exception of the pockets. A bit obtrusive when unzipped, but I'm hard pressed to remember they are there when both zips are up. I can see these being useful for slightly colder days when I want to get my hands out of the wind/cold.

Length of the sleeve is good. I've got a medium in for review and I'd say it's the perfect fit. A little looser towards the waist but the drawstring will be very accommodating when I want to tighten it. We're all different people, but I tend to pull up my sleeves every chance I get - This makes cuff resilience a huge priority. For the climaheat half-zip, there's a decent amount of stretch that makes the sleeve fit extremely well all the way up the arm. It'll introduce some wrinkling if I leave them there for a long time, but that should be expected.

Fully zipped, the climaheat fits a lot like a mock turtleneck. It's also basically the perfect size around my throat which is another very valuable asset. It's going to take the chill right out of my next morning round.

The lining looks very much like my Adidas Climawarm full zip sweatshirts which are the best sweatshirts ever! I will definitely have one of these! Thanks Dan.

Back