UST Mamiya Prototype THP Event - Live Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I m so glad that everyone had a great time with the guys from UST, I love my Recoils and my Driver shaft too. Sure sounds like you were treated like Kings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was a great one to follow along with, and certainly was a special event for those involved. Yes, I'm a bit jealous right now.

Major Recoil ponder after this thread! MAJOR!

Major Recoil ponder after this thread! MAJOR!
Just hitting apex with recoils on the range has me pondering so hard I know I will spend the money. They were awesome

I checked this thread for updates about every hour today and most of last night. Completely engrossed in the updates that were frequent, informative and fun to read! I too will look at UST after reading all of this, what a legit product.

Awesome event to follow along with and great updates guys. Looks like such an incredible weekend for you guys with great golf, great swag and great knowledge being dropped! UST knocked it out the park!

Just hitting apex with recoils on the range has me pondering so hard I know I will spend the money. They were awesome

An opportunity like that would have made-up my mind for sure!!!

Finally got caught up. How freaking amazing. Well done boys.

Absolutely stellar thread. What a great event. UST rolled out the red carpet. Nothing like a THP event.

UST Mamiya Prototype THP Event - Live Update Thread

Can't wait to hear from you boys tomorrow morning about the event.

Regarding the shaft, it's a 55g shaft, which I never would have even considered. I've been playing shafts in the 65-70g range forever. When I tried lighter shafts previously I struggled mightily. So when Danny previewed the specs I immediately thought there is no way I'm going to get along with this thing. We'll I was dead wrong. The shaft has the stability of a 70g shaft with the speed of a lighter shaft. I gained 6 mph club head speed from my gamer shaft which is heavier!!

Today I struggled on a few holes because I was trying to overpower the shaft. When I backed off and made a smooth tempo swing it loaded and exploded effortlessly. I'm now seeing the best numbers I've ever seen from a driver in my life. I have no doubt that when this thing comes out next year it's going to be an instant hit.

You are singing music to my ears. I've historically done better with a heavier shaft, both flight wise and dispersion. Very cool.

Regarding the shaft, it's a 55g shaft, which I never would have even considered. I've been playing shafts in the 65-70g range forever. When I tried lighter shafts previously I struggled mightily. So when Danny previewed the specs I immediately thought there is no way I'm going to get along with this thing. We'll I was dead wrong. The shaft has the stability of a 70g shaft with the speed of a lighter shaft. I gained 6 mph club head speed from my gamer shaft which is heavier!!

Today I struggled on a few holes because I was trying to overpower the shaft. When I backed off and made a smooth tempo swing it loaded and exploded effortlessly. I'm now seeing the best numbers I've ever seen from a driver in my life. I have no doubt that when this thing comes out next year it's going to be an instant hit.

Welcome to the new world my friend. Lighter doesn't mean looser.

I love it dude!

Thanks to everybody for all the updates, pics/videos, and feedback. Congrats to all the participants who had a blast! I guess we'll see nine drivers in the marketplace tomorrow/Monday?

This sounds wonderful.

Just did the shaft fitting on the UST website and it put me in the recoil prototype 95 iron shafts. Time to try and find some to try out

Awesome thread. Just got caught up. UST did a great job and all the updates rock. The recoils have been a ponder since I hit them in the apex. Was tempted to go that route with my new irons but decided against it. I can honestly say recoils 110 or 95 will be in my next irons later this year. The elements shaft has me intrigued. Love what companies like ust are doing for this awesome group and the will get my support.

thanks guys for the awesome updates and look forward to more details on the shaft.

It held up from low 90s swing speeds all the way up to 116 swing speed. It is good, it should fit a ton of people

Wonder who the 116 speed was??!! You stud you.....

Haha ball speed is what matters. That is something I found this weekend, and it was awesome to see everyone's go up

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but at lunch after our round today Danny said the prototype shafts had something like 5 degrees of torque. This shaft being higher torque must have taken some of the tech from the VTS shafts because it feels nothing like any light weight, high torque shafts I've tried before.

And it's hard to explain in writing, but the shaft just feels really solid. If you give it a waggle is doesn't feel whippy at all. But when you take a full swing it doesn't feel too solid like your typical stout shafts.

Like OrangeHog I had some bad drives today when I tried to get cute and kill the ball. But when I kept my tempo under control I hit bombs (and drove a green).

Oh, and Danny was driving greens all day with his ATTAS 6x shaft and then hit my driver even longer! That guy hits the center of the club face every time. I'm hoping some of his skill transferred to my shaft today!

Welcome to the new world my friend. Lighter doesn't mean looser.

I love it dude!

I cannot agree with this anymore. UST has a big winner on their hands here and I can't wait until more people get to try it.

Eyes will bug out of heads and jaws will drop. It's such a balanced shaft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back