Patrick Reed - Best On Tour Currently?

I agree Trout. With those stats, it can be argued he's playing the best golf right now. I guess only way to measure up to the big nes will be the test of time and wins in majors

Reed has 1 win this season just like the other 3 guys mentioned and less top 10s and I would even say DJ should be mentioned. He has a win and 3 top 10s in just 5 events. I'm not ready to say Reed is better than Rory yet either.

Right now I do think he's the best on Tour. He's winning on all different types of courses and he's winning regularly.

I don't understand those who have a problem with his personality...the guy has some fire in his belly, he's competitive, and he's confident...all good things. Not sure about those alleged cheating rumors...but I'll treat those as such until they are proven.

I agree Trout. With those stats, it can be argued he's playing the best golf right now. I guess only way to measure up to the big nes will be the test of time and wins in majors

It wouldn't surprise me a bit if he won a major this year, if he can raise his ball flight a little and learn to get accurate in both directions, he could win a few green jackets in his career, he's that good. Still don't like the guy but he's a damn good golfer lol.

Going through a bunch of stats and finishes and came to looking at Reed's numbers.

2015 He already has a win and a 2nd as well as 3 top 10s.
2014 He had 2 wins
2013 He got his 1st win on the PGA Tour

4 wins in something like the last 39 events including some pretty star studded events.

This year alone his last 3 events have resulted in 2 top 10s. He is currently 3rd in the FedEx Cup Standings behind only Jimmy Walker and Bubba Watson and I am not sure you could put either of them ahead of him arguably.

So if you take the love/hate out of the idea of Patrick Reed, is he playing the best on tour right now?

While I do think right now Reed is certainly one of the best players on tour I think if you bring up the 2 wins in 2014 and 15 the nod goes to Bubba. Bubba has a major and a WGC event in that same time frame. Theres a big reason Bubba is number 2 in the world right now.

It's Reed, Bubba or Rors for me right now. Reed's short game is quite impressive.

Reed was pretty impressive last week, he was hitting poor drives most of the week but was getting up and down from everywhere. That remind you of anyone else that wears Red and Black on Sundays? Don't get me wrong he is no Tiger of old but he clearly didn't have his A game and he was right there at the end. If the guy could work the ball both ways it would do him some good, he just seems to want to draw everything. I look for him to be a top 5 player any day now.

Reed or McElroy may be best but I would lean toward Spieth.

So does another win for Walker or a 2nd place finish for Spieth change anything for anyone who was saying Reed was the best right now?

So does another win for Walker or a 2nd place finish for Spieth change anything for anyone who was saying Reed was the best right now?

I think it puts Walker slightly ahead. Reed and Speith a toss up in my mind. I lean Reed still, but that's just me. Best on tour is a fluid situation.

I think it puts Walker slightly ahead. Reed and Speith a toss up in my mind. I lean Reed still, but that's just me. Best on tour is a fluid situation.

I agree. Whatever is going on, it looks good for the U.S. In the next Ryder cup that's for sure. Those 3 are on fire and DJ is coming back up there too

Walker and Speith seem to be just crazy consistent to me, Reed seems to be good with flare

Does anyone else feel like we are seeing a changing of the guard in terms of American players - Tiger and Lefty out; Walker, Reed and Speith in?

Does anyone else feel like we are seeing a changing of the guard in terms of American players - Tiger and Lefty out; Walker, Reed and Speith in?

Without a doubt. While I am a Tiger and Phil fan, their best days are behind them.

In a way yes but lefty and tiger are up in age so it was going to happen at some point, but I am liking the young american talent that includes These guys plus Rickie, Koepka, Matt Every, Harris English, Russel Henley.

Yes but I wouldn't count those two out though, IMO either could come back with a vengeance.

Toss in Ricky for good measure when he figures out finishing, we are in a good spot for golf

Also should point out that he had that one tournament won and blew like 6 shots straight. It's safe to say he's the best right now

In a way yes but lefty and tiger are up in age so it was going to happen at some point, but I am liking the young american talent that includes These guys plus Rickie, Koepka, Matt Every, Harris English, Russel Henley.
Agreed, and I wouldn't leave off DJ. Another top 10(T6) for him. He has been really good since his return.

Agreed, and I wouldn't leave off DJ. Another top 10(T6) for him. He has been really good since his return.

yeah. wasn't sure whether to count him in the young crowd or which way to go with him. he is consistent with at least 1 win/year...american golf seems to be in good hands and golf in general is with the international stars as well.

yeah. wasn't sure whether to count him in the young crowd or which way to go with him. he is consistent with at least 1 win/year...american golf seems to be in good hands and golf in general is with the international stars as well.
Yeah, you're right. I forget he's 30. Then again, Walker is 36 already. Imagine how good DJ would have been if he had been more mature and focused earlier in his career.

It's safe to say that Reed and Walker are firm a top the best American players with Jordan right on their heals. Walker did his damage late in 2013 when the wrap around season started then Reed started his surge. Jordan shows consistency and a few wins. Walker throws his game back in high gear with 2 wins and consistency in 2015.

They aren't flashy and don't command a great deal of attention in the non golf world. But these three are the best we have and hard tough to beat when they are on with their workman like games. Today I rank them as follows, Walker, Jordan then Reed.

Yes but I wouldn't count those two out though, IMO either could come back with a vengeance.

Toss in Ricky for good measure when he figures out finishing, we are in a good spot for golf
It's hard to watch Phil struggle with his game. And I don't see TW coming back with a vengence. And Ricky was consistent last year, I'd hoped he would show signs of winning this year but not seeing it. I don't think these 3 factor into the top 10 of American golfers.

Walker, Jordan, Reed, Kuch, Sneds, DJ, Bubba are the face of our golf brand as I see it.

It's hard to watch Phil struggle with his game. And I don't see TW coming back with a vengence. And Ricky was consistent last year, I'd hoped he would show signs of winning this year but not seeing it. I don't think these 3 factor into the top 10 of American golfers.

Walker, Jordan, Reed, Kuch, Sneds, DJ, Bubba are the face of our golf brand as I see it.

i wouldn't have thought of sneds in that list. i would think rickie commands a much bigger following when you're talking strictly about brand and who moves the needle. when we were at bay hill, rory had the biggest crowd, and rickie had the second largest crowd following him.

He will probably fade more as the season goes but you have to like what you see so far in the kid Berger too. Some good looking rookies in him, Blair, Barber, Thomas and Peterson to name a few.

He will probably fade more as the season goes but you have to like what you see so far in the kid Berger too. Some good looking rookies in him, Blair, Barber, Thomas and Peterson to name a few.

Lots of good young talent out there like Matt Every and Chesson Headley and some haven't shown their ability to match their potential Max Homa, Hudson Swafford.

Interesting choice with Sneds. a couple years ago i would have had no argument but last year and even somewhat this year he doesn't seem to have it. I hope he recovers and wins again, i am a sneds fan.

Yeah, you're right. I forget he's 30. Then again, Walker is 36 already. Imagine how good DJ would have been if he had been more mature and focused earlier in his career.

Walker was a late bloomer. DJ being 30 i would put him on the edge of young guys and the older vets. he is intense and seems to take things seriously when he plays but if he was maybe a little more dedicated away from the course he probably has a major or two and more victories.

Back