arwin

Reaction score
Just wondering how many guys here use the left hand low and how it's been working out for them.
I started to mess around with it today on my putting green and I seemed to make a ton of putts using this method, but looks awfully strange to me!

I'm going to start out this season trying out left hand low and see if I actually start making more putts on the courses!

Only a few more weeks!

i have done it for the past 15 years probably. it made me a much better putter. its typically the best part of my game. it's funny because now if I mess around with a conventional grip it feels so strange to me. good luck!

I too have been putting left hand low for quite some time. I feel like I can get putts on line much better with this style rather than the traditional grip. Just my preference but I hope you can find some thing that works for you.

I've never tried this. I could definitely see it helping with keeping the face square. I'd imagine that it would take awhile to get speed dialed back in though. Maybe I'll check it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was a quote from Tiger saying that if he started out playing golf now, he'd start with left hand low.
That and seeing Jordan Speith dropping bombs to win tournaments got me wondering....

I do this, although I am a lefty so I am right hand low. I started using it about 4 years ago and am glad I did.

I did it for a few years until I went with a belly putter. Now I am back to regular grip.

It works though

I tried it a few times, a few years ago. While I did seem to get the ball on line very well, I just couldn't get the speed right, so I gave up.
I went back to my normal grip and worked on my stroke. Now I feel I am a pretty darn good putter.

There was a quote from Tiger saying that if he started out playing golf now, he'd start with left hand low.
That and seeing Jordan Speith dropping bombs to win tournaments got me wondering....
Jack said the same thing. I went to it last year after a lot of practice in the garage pre season. Gets on and stays on my intended line way more often than conventional. I only use it inside about 25 feet as distance control was the hardest part of the switch. Conventional over 25 gives me the feel I like for lags. Kinda stole the aim point idea that LHL only works to about 20 feet.

I made "the switch" to this style last season and my putting improved tremendously. This compared with a superstore flatso is awesome....

Tap tap taparoo

I did this for a couple of years about 20 years or so ago. It helped me through a horrible stretch of putting.

I've been left hand low since 2002. I can't imagine putting any other way.

I'm left hand low for the 2015 season but nobody knows what grip I'll use next year.

I've tried it...can't get it at all. I grip with my hands really close together and can't even remotely feel comfortable trying left hand low.

For the last 27 years I putted left hand low/cross handed. It was that long ago when I first saw Bernhard Langer putt that way.
Last year I switched back to a regular putter grip. I changed a lot last year from swing, to grip (from over lap to interlock) to even my clubs.

It didnt take long at all to switch putting grips.

I flirted with it a couple of years ago when my putting was off the rails bad. It just felt way too awkward for me. I had better results putting right hand low with a left handed putter but that was only working for short putts; lag putts were a problem. I went with a belly putter instead.

I have tried it and i feel for me it makes my stroke a much more straight path. but as far as game goes i cant seem to sink a putt with it. i know i have a strong arc and i like it. i personally cant putt left hand low. (as long as i am on the same page and left hand low means left hand below right hand)

I experimented with it this winter. My putting was starting to fall apart this fall and I was looking to take the right hand out of play some. I had been getting really flippy with it. It felt strange at first, but I just played two rounds with it this weekend and it felt ok. I will continue playing with it for a while and see what I think over time. Right now it's a bit cumbersome, but it is producing some good putts.

I've been left hand low for about 10 years now. I was really bad with a conventional grip. I got much better this way, but really improved when I took SPi lessons from Chris Carfangia & he readjusted my grip & made it effortless & natural-feeling. If you're looking to improve, I'd recommend a little SPi love.

I have noticed that a lot more pros (PGA, Euro & LPGA) are using left hand low setups. At the time I started, I think Furyk was the only guy. Conventional just feels weird to me now.

you guys are right about lag putts and distance, those were the things I struggled with at first. Try not to give up too soon, if it is helping you with short and mid range putts stick to it and hit the practice green. It will come.

I started playing in golf in 2004 and adopted left hand low after my first season. I used to have an overactive right hand which made me inconsistent. Took a little while to get comfortable with lag putts but that got worked out with more use.

I'm so glad this thread got started; I've decided to start going cross-handed. I've done a little research and have found that the cross-handed grip makes it easier to square your shoulders. I have chronically open shoulders at address - this was painfully obvious when I started working with the SeeMore putter. I've played around with the cross-hand grip before and the problem I have is what to do with my fingers on the backside. There doesn't seem to be a comfortable way to interlock or overlap. I hope to see a lot of good feedback about this method in here!

I've been left hand low for about 10 years now. I was really bad with a conventional grip. I got much better this way, but really improved when I took SPi lessons from Chris Carfangia & he readjusted my grip & made it effortless & natural-feeling. If you're looking to improve, I'd recommend a little SPi love.

I have noticed that a lot more pros (PGA, Euro & LPGA) are using left hand low setups. At the time I started, I think Furyk was the only guy. Conventional just feels weird to me now.

I just saw a quote from Tiger where he said he would have wished he had gone cross-handed when he was just beginning to play.

I've done it since high school and I've never looked back.

Went left hand low over the summer last year before switching back to conventional. Like others have mentioned I felt that my putting was noticeably better in regards to the line, but I struggled with distance control. Nowadays I use left hand low sometimes on the practice green it's a big help from about 7 feet and in.

Back