I think its the best putt grip apart from the claw to lock the hands/wrists in

Been doing left hand low for 2 years and haven’t turned back. I hover the putter like ricky and it’s been helping a ton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have messed with it many times over the years and have even stuck with it for about 4 months a couple of different times, including early this year. But always revert back to standard.

I think its the best putt grip apart from the claw to lock the hands/wrists in

I think my wrists have been my biggest problem with the traditional grip. Left hand low seems much more solid so far.

Bumping this since others had questions about hand position & I noticed the original photos were missing, so I reposted some new photos:

This is where I started to see the benefit of getting SPi training. With a few changes in just a few minutes, Chris Carfangia made my left-hand low grip feel amazingly natural & rock-solid & I haven't looked back.

Here is a link to my OP: Hope it helps. Here is the gist of the current setup:

I really feel like I'm holding the putter with my last 3 fingers of each hand. I can putt almost as well with my thumbs lifted completely off the grip. I think if I squeeze at all with my thumbs or index fingers, I lose touch & feel & my hands & forearms feel tight.

The other Thing Chris C mentioned last fall is that keeping my right index finger raised up to fit on top of the fingers of my left hand keeps the wrists more stable without feeling awkward.

Hope this helps!

This is what my grip setup looks like:
AmW7dzXh.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

And here is where the fingers are on the grip (approximately - I was too busy making sure the camera kid was getting the correct shot lol!)
B4KdcJXh.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

I've tried left hand low before. It just doesn't seem to be the correct putting grip for me.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

Love me some left hand low!!!

I used to putt left hand low years and years ago before it became popular (I also waited tables at the Last Supper). More recently I have switched to a claw-type grip which is working extremely well for me.

Back