The Official 2015 MLB Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
100% agree with sending Bryant down. 1 extra year is worth losing him for 9 games. Though I hope we can get an extension with him before he hits free agency. The Baez send down is surprising but we will see how it goes. I don't expect him to be there for long

See Im in the other side of this. You have spent the money and told ur fans this is about winning now....and then your best hitter (potentially) isnt on your opening day lineup doesnt sit well with me.

Oh yeah and Im pissed at Red Sox for what it appears to be them nto making room for Rusney Castillo in that OF and making him more than likely go to AAA (yes I have him in a AL only fantasy league).

See Im in the other side of this. You have spent the money and told ur fans this is about winning now....and then your best hitter (potentially) isnt on your opening day lineup doesnt sit well with me.

Oh yeah and Im pissed at Red Sox for what it appears to be them nto making room for Rusney Castillo in that OF and making him more than likely go to AAA (yes I have him in a AL only fantasy league).
I can see that side of it but I am looking at the keep him here as long as possible without letting Boras get involved side. And I don't think 9 games is going to keep us from winning now.

I would rather see the Sox put Victorino out to pasture and play Castillo in right

Average MLB salary hits $4.3 milion! How in the world will they put food on the table? :alien:

Tigers seem ready to roll, but I am hesitant about their pitching...

BOOOOOOOHHHH

Rusney Castillo had three hits in six at-bats against the Rays on Tuesday.
Advice: It's undeniable that Castillo has been more impressive than Shane Victorino this spring. The Red Sox also have no real financial incentive to send Castillo down to Triple-A. Still, it's practically certain that they'll go that route unless Victorino or Allen Craig is traded before the week is out.

BOOOOOOOHHHH

Rusney Castillo had three hits in six at-bats against the Rays on Tuesday.
Advice: It's undeniable that Castillo has been more impressive than Shane Victorino this spring. The Red Sox also have no real financial incentive to send Castillo down to Triple-A. Still, it's practically certain that they'll go that route unless Victorino or Allen Craig is traded before the week is out.

Victorino will probably "tweak his back" around the 3rd inning on opening day so I doubt he will be down long. That or something like a hang nail will have him out for at least 30 days.

In others new....no drug suspension for Josh Hamilton.

Victorino will probably "tweak his back" around the 3rd inning on opening day so I doubt he will be down long. That or something like a hang nail will have him out for at least 30 days.

In others new....no drug suspension for Josh Hamilton.

Has there ever been a $70M player sitting in AAA?

Has there ever been a $70M player sitting in AAA?

Good question. I will consult with Buster Olney and get back with you on that...haha

Josh Donaldson going deep in good old Montreal! I really want the Expo's back there such a great stadium and city

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

80 game suspension for Santana hurts an already weak Twins rotation. I did not see that coming.

Indians and Royals lock up their young aces (Kluber and Ventura) with deals today.

And opening day (ish) had arrrived

Braves trading Kimbrel and Upton to the Padres...

Screw Atlanta at this point

Braves dismantling continues (hopefully completes) with Craig Kimbrel and Melvin (BJ) Upton to Padres for OF prospect Paroubeck, RH prospect Matt Wisler, 41st pick in draft, OFs Maybin, Quentin.

Amazing they got something in return (a nice haul allegedly) while shedding BJ's contract. Hard to justify paying Kimbrel so much when they are going to lose 90 games this year...but I hate to see him go.

Braves dismantling continues (hopefully completes) with Craig Kimbrel and Melvin (BJ) Upton to Padres for OF prospect Paroubeck, RH prospect Matt Wisler, 41st pick in draft, OFs Maybin, Quentin.

Amazing they got something in return (a nice haul allegedly) while shedding BJ's contract. Hard to justify paying Kimbrel so much when they are going to lose 90 games this year...but I hate to see him go.

Upton going away is very nice but Kimbrel was one bright spot left.

I bet they lose close to 100 games this year.

Upton going away is very nice but Kimbrel was one bright spot left.

I bet they lose close to 100 games this year.

They very well may...but it doesn't make much difference. Gets them out of the last albatross contract, finishes refilling the farm system, and gives them a fortune to spend poorly next offseason (at least Wren is gone) before moving to Cobb County in 2017.

They very well may...but it doesn't make much difference. Gets them out of the last albatross contract, finishes refilling the farm system, and gives them a fortune to spend poorly next offseason (at least Wren is gone) before moving to Cobb County in 2017.

They have a very Houston Astro feel to them right now...I don't like that

They have a very Houston Astro feel to them right now...I don't like that

It is sickening after the last 20+ years. Now whether the front office knows what they are doing is the multi-million dollar question.

Seriously, I has a sad.

I can actually see the strategy though. The Braves are moving the stadium to such a horrible traffic area that they really can't have an extra 30,000 people going there on a given weeknight.

Deals like this ensure that the crowds stay down and traffic is at least manageable.

UGH

And I also get to watch Heyward play for his new team tonight.

It's only sports, but this is a low place for a Braves fan. Geez.

And I also get to watch Heyward play for his new team tonight.

It's only sports, but this is a low place for a Braves fan. Geez.

There will be light.. See what the Cubs are building, what the Rangers did a few years ago. It's all about developing talent. Some teams are fortunate enough to draft a ton of it, very few can spend unlimited money, the rest have to hope they hit on a few.. They will be fine.

That said, it's been nice to be a Cards fan as it seems they hit on almost every prospect. I think you'll be happy with Shelby and Tyrell Jenkins is a raw young pitcher. He has a chance to be very good

There will be light.. See what the Cubs are building, what the Rangers did a few years ago. It's all about developing talent. Some teams are fortunate enough to draft a ton of it, very few can spend unlimited money, the rest have to hope they hit on a few.. They will be fine.

That said, it's been nice to be a Cards fan as it seems they hit on almost every prospect. I think you'll be happy with Shelby and Tyrell Jenkins is a raw young pitcher. He has a chance to be very good

Whoa, whoa, whoa...

Are you citing the Cubs to make me feel better?

Am I getting trolled? :alien:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back