The Official 2015 MLB Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikedean441

6X HOF
Reaction score
Handicap
Pitchers and catchers reporting in just a few weeks...

Victor Martinez just reportedly tore his meniscus in workouts. Having surgery next Tuesday.

Can't wait, hoping for another great year for my Cards!

rangersnew2copy.jpg

hahah...didn't mean for the first one to take up the whole page!!! fixed

Last edited:
I hope the Reds have made some decent off season moves, but I doubt it!!

Victor Martinez just reportedly tore his meniscus in workouts. Having surgery next Tuesday.

Typical recovery is within 6 weeks. I'll give him 8 as he is in his later 30s. Going to be a big blow until he looks like himself again (if he ever does). Took a long time to recover from the ACL and play didn't pick up til July/August.

Typical recovery is within 6 weeks. I'll give him 8 as he is in his later 30s. Going to be a big blow until he looks like himself again (if he ever does). Took a long time to recover from the ACL and play didn't pick up til July/August.

They threw serious money at him to when they resigned him. Typical as this is the second offseason injury he has had.

Man, the Braves are horrible this year...wait, I guess I should let them play a game first, but just a few.

Still trying to figure out how the Indians outfield is going to shake out. With Brantley, Bourn, Moss, Swisher, Murphy, and with Santana getting most of his ABs now at DH, you gotta wonder which one of those guys is going to take the playing time hit.

Yankees haven't made a huge splash with the names they brought in. But I like what they have done.

Gregorious - young SS who can glove it
Headley - was good for them last year, solidifies that left side of the INF defensively
Drew - see what spring training can do for him. Playing 2nd, another good glove.
Evaldi - young hard throwing starter, see how he develops
Miller - another hard thrower, LH out of the pen.

Losing Robertson stinks, I like him quite a bit. Plus if you had him, Miller, Betances that would have been a killer back end of the pen. Wasn't crazy about losing Prado, he's a good hard nosed player that can be moved around.

Elephant in the room: A-Rod. Who the heck knows. They don't want him and I doubt he wants to be there.

Some predictions have the Mets vying for a playoff spot this year. They certainly have a strong cadre of pitchers, but I probably won't feel any confidence about making the playoffs until mid-August. Hoping to make it down to Atlanta for a game this year ... hoping the dates work out.

Still trying to figure out how the Indians outfield is going to shake out. With Brantley, Bourn, Moss, Swisher, Murphy, and with Santana getting most of his ABs now at DH, you gotta wonder which one of those guys is going to take the playing time hit.

and not to mention Raburn is guaranteed $2.6M this year so he will see some AB's in the OF as well

Hope springs eternal for my New York Mets. I see the second wild card in our future. Hopefully our offense can get it done but we have a rotation of smoke throwers with Niese, Colon and Gee. We could also have the best bullpen in the division.

I can't wait to see if the Royals can build on their success and maintain their production moving forward.

Excited to see what the Astros can do this year! They should be a fun team to watch!

Can't wait, hoping for another great year for my Cards!

Agree, but we are falling short. Getting to the playoff's is nice, but it is all about winning the World Series...........

Love the moves that my Pale Hose made in the offseason. They went from a disastrous 2014 to a contender for the AL Central. Should be a fun summer!

Agree, but we are falling short. Getting to the playoff's is nice, but it is all about winning the World Series...........

Can't win it every year. They have been one of the top 3-4 teams the past decade

Not to excited about the Yankees offensive lineup but their pitching staff is ok. i would like to see them add Shields.

Also this is the first year i can remember them not having a true face of the franchise since i grew up watching Mattingly and company and then Jeter and the core four plus Bernie.

This is the Twins year........to wait for Buxton and Sano to make the jump to the big leagues.

Here is one of the stadiums in which the World Series was played last year. A little snowy.

10557568_10152835274060753_3760051554835368498_o.jpg

Some interesting story lines this year:

- Can the Cubbies compete in the Central?

- Will Buxton finally get the call up?

- Are the Nationals unbeatable?

Cannot wait for this season.

Pitchers and catchers reporting in just a few weeks...

YES! Don't think I have hardly turned on the TV since the National Championship game. Ready to watch my Sox pound and get pounded!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back