UK Summer Cup 2015

Iron fitting booked for next Saturday, mainly to try the Srixon irons but I can probably hit the Cally XR irons as well

If I have time then I will also have a look at the RTX wedges as well

Iron fitting booked for next Saturday, mainly to try the Srixon irons but I can probably hit the Cally XR irons as well

I really want to try the new Srixon line too :good:

I really want to try the new Srixon line too :good:

Assuming I get them, if we don't get a round before, you can hit them in July

First round this year today on ordinary greens! The season has started..

But not as great as I had hoped for.. But it was something! :D

First round this year today on ordinary greens! The season has started..

But not as great as I had hoped for.. But it was something! :D

It is 1 more round than I have played, it has been range time only for me up to now

Hoping to change that in the next couple of weeks though

Nice. Envious really. I think the XRs would really suit me with the right shafts. I definitely want to try the RTXs as well. 56 with high bounce I think...
Hope it goes well. Let us know how you get on...

Nice. Envious really. I think the XRs would really suit me with the right shafts. I definitely want to try the RTXs as well. 56 with high bounce I think...
Hope it goes well. Let us know how you get on...

Will do, it is predominantly for the irons, but if I have any time left then I will hopefully be able to swing a few wedges so I will definitely be posting in the Z545 thread or maybe the Z745 thread if I end up going that route

It is a little bit daft that I have the northern branch of the Srixon centre of excellence (Rockliffe Hall) about 10mins away from me in the opposite direction to the club where I am getting fitted for the irons, but the local club knew more about the Z series of irons before Rockliffe did....? I would have expected it to be the other way round if I am honest

Nice shoulder Damo.

Obviously, no adjusting it on the course...honestly, adjustable drivers and adjustable shoulders...what is the game coming to?

Been in Dubai for La Bandita's Birthday. So no golf.

Brought back a stinking cold as a souvenir..so getting back into things slowly!

Wound dressing changed today and its made a good bit of difference. Steri-strips coming off on Wednesday then another week before the stitches come out.

I'm hoping to start on some putting and short chipping next week :banana:

Wound dressing changed today and its made a good bit of difference. Steri-strips coming off on Wednesday then another week before the stitches come out.

I'm hoping to start on some putting and short chipping next week :banana:
Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

I can now swing a putter :banana:

I'm going to wear a groove in the carpet over the next few weeks....

That is a pretty quick start to the recovery, hope it continues that way Damo

So, this happened today!!!

8bdfb91135f9bdabbdc9a015f50a0873.jpg

050d540b6ef2f61521891bac5e9edb19.jpg

Seems like some good training! Or have you emptied the bag of balls close to the hole?! ;)

Had my second round of this year today! Played on my handicap so I'm feeling great since I lowered it late this fall..

Lol @ Almdudler..

Thanks DT, getting there quicker than expected :)

Last edited:
New irons and wedges have been ordered :bananadance:

Looking forward to giving them a swing :good:

Done :golf2:

What did you go for Doc?

I went with the Srixon irons and some RTX 2.0 wedges to fill the gaps at that end of the bag

Z545 5-PW with Nippon NS Pro Modus3 Tour 130 shafts
RTX 2.0 wedges, 48 CB, 52 and 58 blade, in the black

Once I get them I will be looking at what I might need to fill the gap between my existing 5W (19 deg) and the 5i (24 deg)
I did consider ordering the 4i but thought it would be better to wait and see what gap I end up with as I didn't want to get the 4i and then find I didn't need it
And assuming things go according to plan, I may have some cash to look at the top end of my bag as well so there could still be some changes to come......

Sounds great! All the reviews on them have been awesome.
You are now the official favourite for the Summer Cup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

V envious of those wedges doc...

Back