ScoreBand PULSE Rangefinder Review

Seems like it does the job but you get what you pay for. It will be interesting to see how this thing holds up long term. For an entry level unit this could work well for some. Nice review Hawk.

Solid review Hawk, while it sounds like the quality/performance is a bit short of the market leaders the fact that it's half the price is a solid selling point for someone that's willing to perhaps take an extra 20 seconds to lock in a yardage, etc.

Great review, hawk. Sounds like the unit works well enough to be a good value at that price. More affordable competition in that market is good for us consumers.

Thanks for reading guys.

Just read the review Hawk, well done. The price point seems to be good for the more casual golfer who isn't looking to pony up the cash on the leaders.

How was it at locking in on bunkers, trees, cart paths or ground? Did the flags you were reading have the prisms on the stick.

Flags didn't have prisms - early season and I've only been to two places.

I shot a tree or two here and there and it was fine if I remember correctly. I just don't do that very often.

Nice work Hawk. Seems like it works well for those on a budget. You said you were having some flag target issues. In the pic in the review the crosshair is on the stick. Just curious if that is your typical target, or if you try to lock on the actual flag as well? I have another budget rangefinder and have issues with locking on the stick, but no issue with the flag, even without wind.

Oh, that's just a stock photo from the company to show the display. I shoot the flag.

Oh, that's just a stock photo from the company to show the display. I shoot the flag.
Ok. Was gonna say I would be impressed if you got that clear of a shot through the scope.

I pondered trying for appx 1/2 of a second lol

While I'm thinking of it, I'll give a quick update since I've continued to use this after the review wrapped up.

Started my round yesterday and couldn't get a number no matter how hard I tried. Looked and it had switched back to flag mode (just pressing the mode button once is enough to do this). Changed it back to general and everything improved immediately.

I don't understand why it works that way, but it consistently has proven easier to use in general mode.

Flags didn't have prisms - early season and I've only been to two places.

I shot a tree or two here and there and it was fine if I remember correctly. I just don't do that very often.

Wonder if that is part of the difficulty in flag mode.

Cool I was just think of getting a number from the tee or a solid object to be short of

While I'm thinking of it, I'll give a quick update since I've continued to use this after the review wrapped up.

Started my round yesterday and couldn't get a number no matter how hard I tried. Looked and it had switched back to flag mode (just pressing the mode button once is enough to do this). Changed it back to general and everything improved immediately.

I don't understand why it works that way, but it consistently has proven easier to use in general mode.

It's interesting for sure

Hawkster getting quoted on the scoreband site and email I just received. Cool looking device and a great review.

e5b5a7a54d8b1005ddbbc4c278971fd8.jpg

http://www.scoreband.net/products/scoreband-pulse

Always cool to see THP reviews getting press

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha! Thanks Troy.

Back