2015 The King Is Coming - Featuring Callaway XR Drivers

So glad the weather is holding up and the grass is greening up. I've signed up for some local "1-Man my own ball" tourny this weekend. Trying to build up some experience under pressure so I'm hoping for some good results! Been working on the range and chipping. Still working out some kinks chipping wise. Some days are brilliant, some not so much.

Side note, it's a "Pick-a-pro" club event, any suggestions on who you think will go low Saturday at the Masters?

Getting on the plane 3 weeks from today! Just typing that makes me think I really need to find someway to squeeze in a little more prep work.

My flight is booked. I'm coming to Cali!

Awesome! We look forward to meeting you. Can't believe how fast this is approaching.

GG and I may have come up with some surprises as well.

Gotta love thp surprises!

The masters, GG coming to Cali, and surprises? What a great day today is!

Struggled most of the day driving the ball, until the last three drivable holes. Absolutely crushed all three tee shots. I can see the potential in this club. Just gotta keep working on the swing.

This event is getting closer; what are you all working on for the last 3 weeks? For me its physical fitness and putting (per King Harry). My putting has come a long way and I'm seeing much better results but still some bone head putts that lead to three putts and dropped strokes. We all saw this weekend at the masters how a hot putter can save scores, so that is my focus.

This event is getting closer; what are you all working on for the last 3 weeks? For me its physical fitness and putting (per King Harry). My putting has come a long way and I'm seeing much better results but still some bone head putts that lead to three putts and dropped strokes. We all saw this weekend at the masters how a hot putter can save scores, so that is my focus.

It's about the same for me. I'm going to try to get a few more rounds in, but I'm generally happy with how I'm hitting the ball and usually like to spend my golf goodwill on time playing rather than time at the range anyway. I'm definitely going to keep practicing my short game and I'm hoping to sneak over to a course that's pretty close to my house for some bunker practice one of these nights after work too.

Good question Ryan. I'm going to just try to get out and play as much as I can between now and then. I started out quite poorly in Texas this weekend but as the weekend wore on I started to finally hit some good quality golf shots. The driver is good when my swing is right, I do love that. I have to just get that swing dialed in now! Putting is always important and recently switching to a completely different style putter has yielded some interesting results thus far, more reps will definitely help that!

I should also add that my preparation also involves checking the board about every three minutes to see if JB has dropped any info about formats, #ZooCrew members on each team, etc.

Last three weeks I'll be working on putting and chipping along with getting the driver swing dialed in. Honestly my last round really showed that my driving was really not were it needs to be. I only hit 5 fairways. It would be ok if I missed slightly on the others, but my misses were bad. I plan to get 2-3 more rounds in and I'll be on the practice green 3-4 times per week.

I'll be spending a lot of time on the greens as well. Trip to Texas showed me my short game is super rusty

I'm continuing to work with the XR at the range getting my swing dialed in. I need to have good tempo with this thing and that has been my focus of late. Going to the range again today after work and then back to chipping in the backyard. Last time I hit the driver in the back yard I sent the ball right through the net. :tremble: So no more driver practice in the backyard. Getting close enough that I think I'll be hitting the range more and more until the momentous weekend.

Just a quick update guys. La Costa has asked us to be pretty strict with the pace of play. So just a heads up, if you can each work to make that internet pre shot routine just a tad bit faster, we all should be good.

Just a quick update guys. La Costa has asked us to be pretty strict with the pace of play. So just a heads up, if you can each work to make that internet pre shot routine just a tad bit faster, we all should be good.
Haha, nice!

We'll do our best boss!!!

I'm on it!! I'll bring the track shoes :p

So if I hear a roar from somewhere on the course, I shouldn't step back and start over?

Seriously though, we'll make it happen, Cap'n

While you're here, got any other tidbits of info for us?? :input emoji here:

Sounds good. I consider myself fairly quick. Determine the yardage, check variables (lie, wind, and pin placement), select club, one practice swing, and fire away.

Someone was putting in work today. Here's SandiegoNative putting in some work with his wedges. Wish him and everyone else in #theking the best of luck. Can't wait to follow along and see how this plays out. View attachment 19488

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had to dig through to find this one, guess most of the participants in #TheKing are a bit quiet.

Announcement

When packing your golf bag for travel, I strongly recommend leaving the golf bag part behind. Bring your clubs and accessories, but not the bag. Or bring a bag with you that you do not care about. A little surprise for you courtesy of Callaway Golf.

Back