210 yard uphill par 3 club?

3H if there's bunkers guarding the front or hit a screaming 4i and hope it runs up to the green.

UT or 5W depending on the wind.

We have one of those at a course I play often. Uphill and 225 yards. Depends on how well I'm swinging that day. You can bail out left and pitch in, but missing right is usually bad news b/c of trees.

I've hit everything from 5 iron (layup) to driver. Last time was mini driver and I toed it. Had a little pitch shot in.

Mark down a 3 on the card and move onto the next hole.

But honestly, probably a hard 4 iron or a baby 20* hybrid.

Where is the bad miss? Where is the good miss with an easy chip? These spots should aid in club selection.

I carry my driver on average 210, so it would be driver in to the hill and hope it rolls to a stop on the green.

3 wood or driver probably. Choking down on both of them is a possibility.

I'm considering the UT myself for similar distance needs, but for now...

Depending on how I'm hitting it that day. If good, I'd go with a choked down 7w to the green, otherwise anything from a 6 to 8 iron and wedge from there.

Depending on the wind there are a few different options for me.

3 Hybrid/Heavenwood
4 wood
Driver

Probably my 3h.

3 hybrid for me!

For me I would be either nuking my 5i or chocking down on my 4h. Just depends on how I am hitting that day and what feels more comfortable at the time.

Depending on the wind I'd play a 4i or my 3h

IT would be a 3 wood for me.

A Heavenwood for me. I like the high trajectory and soft landing on a raised green.

I play a course with a 210yd uphill par 3 with usually a crosswind. It also has a elevated green with bunkers so you need to be really accurate. I get the rare tee shot on or near the green with a fairway wood but I'm usually not accurate. I also don't care too much for hybrids. I was thing of an apex utility iron but never tried one. Any suggestions?
What fairway wood, 3W? What's the top of your bag setup like now?

If I have to carry it, that would be about a 3h for me. I have lots of holes at my local course that are 200+ yard par 3s with small tiny greens. A couple of them are uphill, but not as much as you are saying. Since you have trouble behind the green, is it possible to land the ball short and see if it runs up the green? I do that frequently on longer par 3s like you are talking about. Sometimes it gets there, sometimes not. But a simple chip and a putt never scared me, and I'd much rather be chipping uphill than down.

~Rock

There's a course by me that has a very similar layout. 210 to center and about 200 to the front edge and uphill. It all matters where the pin placement is. Pin front or middle 4i, pin in the back of the green 3H

210 uphill is obviously a tough par 3. Most amateurs I know would be using a hybrid or fairway wood from that distance. Even most of the low index golfers I know would be hitting some kind of hybrid. At this distance you may want to look for a bailout area 20 yards short of the green and take your chances with a pitch or chip shot. We have a 203 yard par 3 over water at my home course that often plays into a wind and the smart members often are just short and left of the green leaving a straightforward chip to the cup.

I would probably be playing the whites which rarely have a 210 yard par 3 unless it's severely downhill. In fact one course I played had just that and I was able to reach the green with a well struck 19 degree hybrid. On an uphill 210 yard par 3 I would probably hit 3 wood which would leave a short chip.

Sounds like a tough hole; I'd try to play a cut 5 or 3 wood to whatever the yardage is at the front of the green and hope for a manageable miss or a good two putt and get out of there. If the wind was blowing at my back, maybe try to nuke a hybrid.

3 hybrid for me.

I'd pull my driver. Anything over 200 yards and my driver comes out.

3 hybrid would be my choice.

I play a course near me with a hole like that

5 wood

Back