Fair Weather Golfers?

With our short season I am willing to play in just about anything but a torrential downpour, I work outside so I would rather not get soaked to the bone during my recreation time.

Give me 30* and no wind over 100*+ humid and no wind any day.

I can do cold but I don't like precipitation. I'm more fair weather when it comes to course conditions, I hate soggy with bad drainage or punched and sanded greens. That gets me.

I'm always up to play golf, no matter the conditions.

Being in SFL, we don't really get cold weather. It is usually just hot or hot and wet. I just do not golf during hurricanes, that is where I draw the line.

I will personally golf in whatever. I have already had a few rounds this year where it started snowing/and or raining while golfing and we just keep pushing through. weather can make it a bit miserable but its still golf and I will be out as much as I can.

I've played in all sorts of weather, but not snow (yet). Can't say I've had a round that was completely water logged, but there were a few times I went out with friends knowing there was rain on the way and the courses would be pretty empty. We were right on both counts - got out with no one around us, and got drenched for 3-4 holes but we played on through.

I love fall golf up here, it can be a bit nippy and windy, but the courses are beautiful when the leaves start to change.

I will play when it's cold. I will play through the rain if I'm already on the course when it starts. I will not attempt to play when it's cold and raining ever again. The most miserable single hole of golf I've ever played.........

i used to play in 40 and above including spending time at the range. now it has to be above 45 and minimal wind before i consider it. i do what i can to avoid playing in the rain, before i would play as long as it wasn't a down pour

I am definitely a fair weather golfer. But since the weather in California is almost always fair, I am fortunate to not have to say no alot. Not the biggest fan of rain, so unless its a special occasion, or if its with someone, I wont play in the rain.

I'll pretty much play in any weather but snow. I lose enough golf balls as it is, I don't need the added challenge of trying to find them in snow.

Being a Northerner we don't mind the cold, although as I get older I define cold differently. As soon as the courses open here (North Jersey) we are ready to play. Warm enough used to be above 32* now it's around 40*.
As for rain if I am already on the course I will play, or wait it out if downpour

Sent from my LG G3

totally, I have never liked bad weather golf and I never will. Plus I always play worse in bad weather.

I'll do one: rain, cold, or wind. Any combo of two or all three then I've got no interest unless my green fee is paid for or I am on a golf vacation. Then I will play in just about anything

I play in any weather, save a hurricane.
Lightening? Pthh. It won't strike me. I have health insurance! (If it did, I would start playing the lottery regularly.)

I play in most conditions when healthy.

A bit more fair weather than I used to be. Cool, cold, showers and all that still are a go, as long as its not a combination of showers and cold. Gusting wind and steady rain are out now. I think the wind thing has to do with where I usually play, gusting wind that swirls down in the corner of the river valley and the huge pines that line the course make it miserable to judge direction and strength and makes scoring pretty tough.

I do not playing in the hot weather or windy conditions and even semi frozen. Not a fan of rain at all, guess all my times playing as a junior in downpours was enough for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't play golf when the temps are in the 110s.

My old rule used to be if I couldn't wear shorts and a short sleeve shirt, i wasn't playing. Not sure whether it's due to being forced by nature, or this website, but now i'll pretty much play in anything 40+ degrees

40 and above, I'm playing. I'm not big on playing in the rain, light drizzle after the round starts I'm ok with, but a heavy rain and I'm done.

As I've gotten older, I have become more of a fair weather player. Back issues make playing in the cold (below about 55 degrees) a no no, so I'd rather just play when it is warm and dry. I'll play in the rain but only if I'm already in the middle of an official event. Any other time I stay home or go in when it rains. Wind....no problem unless it is 20 mph +, then I just stay home.

I think if I had a good rain. Suit I'd play more in off weather but florid just ruined me

Back