arydolphin

GTHC!
Reaction score
Handicap
I didn't see a thread listing the clubs that this week's PGA Tour winner had in his bag, so here you go, courtesy of PGATour.com. Pretty interesting mix of clubs and shafts, I think:

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha (Oban Isawa Red shaft), 9 degrees

3-wood: Callaway RAZR Fit Xtreme (Fujikura Speeder VC 8.1X shaft), 15 degrees

Hybrid: Callaway X2 Hot Pro (UST Mamiya Proforce VTS 100HX shaft), 20 degrees

Irons: Callaway RAZR X Forged (4-PW; KBS Tour 110 shafts*)

Wedges: Callaway Mack Daddy 2 Tour Grind (52-10T degrees; True Temper Dynamic Gold S400 shaft), Titleist Vokey Design SM4 (56-14 degrees; True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400 shaft), Callaway Mack Daddy 2 (64-08C degrees; True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400 shaft)

Putter: Odyssey Versa #1W (White-Black-White)

Ball: Callaway SR3

* - R-Flex hard-stepped once

R flex. Boom.

Nice looking bag there.

64 degree wedge? You don't see over 60 that much except some guy named "Lefty."

Funny to see him playing reg flex, who knew I play same flex as the pros

Interesting set up,64* and R flex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a unique setup. I'm glad he pulled it off and won.

Big gap from sand to 64*. I wonder if he takes full swings w the 64?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Always interesting to see some of these bags that pieced together.....weird seeing one Vokey wedge in there. Again another guy playing an older set of irons too.

It was nice to see his excitement to win again.

Nice looking set-up.
Great win.

Glad to see him win. He definitely earned it too with birding the two playoff holes.

100g hybrid shaft...R flex KBS...Vokey/MD2 combo. Really interesting setup for sure.
Interesting might be an understatement, but boy does he make it work for him for sure, and he obviously has been comfortable with it all for a while, some older stuff in that make up.

What does "Hard-Stepped" mean?
Essentially, a portion of the tip of each shaft is cutoff making his iron shaft play stronger than their flex

Putting the 6i shaft in the 5i, 7i shaft in the 6i, and so on. Makes them play about 1/3 flex firmer than stock.

I bet he's had a Vokey 56 in his bag since he was a kid and can't let it go (woobie club) - no matter what Callaway brings to him! Congrats Big Jim!

Back