Odyssey Putters Thread

How many different lines has Odyssey put out in the last 3 years? They are starting to be as bad as TaylorMade in that regard. It hurts the credibility of the brand, IMO.

How many different lines has Odyssey put out in the last 3 years? They are starting to be as bad as TaylorMade in that regard. It hurts the credibility of the brand, IMO.

What? They're putters dude, and the NUMBER ONE putter brand in the world by a longshot at that. They're a-ok.

Oh stapp that nonsense. It's not even beating a dead horse because there really isn't even a case in the past for it. Odyssey is #1 putter brand in the world for a reason. Great products with a variety of options and price points for all.

I hope this was just lost sarcasm.

Oh stapp that nonsense. It's not even beating a dead horse because there really isn't even a case in the past for it. Odyssey is #1 putter brand in the world for a reason. Great products with a variety of options and price points for all.

This is far from "nonsense". And I never questioned quality. I'm saying I don't believe them when they try to sell me that this line has the technology I need to improve my game, because they told me that 3 months ago with the last putter they dropped on the market. Therefore, their credibility is lessened.

And "everybody else makes the same claim" is not a valid reason or excuse.

I never really understood why people complain about having different options lol plus no one is forcing us to buy anything. Who cares if a company puts out a number of different clubs, does that change the way our current stuff works? The odyssey lines are all different

Last edited:
The White Hot Pro's have dropped to $89 at my local Golfsmith and Golf Galaxy. SUUUUCH a great insert!

Ok, now it's beating a dead horse. So, moving on to something that'll actually contribute to the thread....

Loving my MXM #9 HT. Such a consistent roll and love the head shape, this is by far my favorite putter out. It is safe until(if) a HT #9 with the FUSION RX insert is introduced.

This is far from "nonsense". And I never questioned quality. I'm saying I don't believe them when they try to sell me that this line has the technology I need to improve my game, because they told me that 3 months ago with the last putter they dropped on the market. Therefore, their credibility is lessened.

Have they told you every 3 months they come out with something to change your game? They've used 4 inserts since 2006 (white hot, metal X, white damascus, and fusion RX), everything else is just cosmetic or limited edition style changes with a couple of milled lines thrown in. I could be missing one or two, but that's still not very many changes. Not really sure what you're getting at. The Fusion RX does put a different roll on the ball. And it's the first new insert they have had since the metal X in 2012. Will it help your game? Sure if you struggle in that department. But something like the white ice, white hot pro, and versa lines all used the same insert. Nothing is going to change between those other than styling. And I don't believe they were marketed any differently. Actually, I believe the versa line was marketed as having the same insert they have used for years winning multiple PGA tour events, but it just had a new vertical contrasting paint scheme for alignment.

I'm confused, they aren't claiming thr new line is longer, they have released different lines that look and feel different. Putters are so personal, some like milled, some inserts. Some like a clean look, others prefer help with alignment. I'm not sure how giving people options is harmful to anyone.

They differentiate their lines.

Pure insert, a chemically milled option, metal and insert together, and tank and versa options.. not sure they are saying any are better than others. They are all different

I hadn't found an Odyssey putter that fit my eye until I messed around with a Works V-Line Versa the other day. It was very nice.

On a side note, I've been trying to get my daughter interested in golf for a while now, but she really struggled with lining up putts. When I was playing with the V-Line, she picked up a 2 Ball & something clicked in her 12 yr old brain & she started making putts. That was encouraging.

Ok, now it's beating a dead horse. So, moving on to something that'll actually contribute to the thread....

Loving my MXM #9 HT. Such a consistent roll and love the head shape, this is by far my favorite putter out. It is safe until(if) a HT #9 with the FUSION RX insert is introduced.

There is one in every crowd dude, just smile and wave.

It only takes a little time to see each new model introduced is promoting forward roll and giving you options if you are an insert guy or a milled guy. Clearly this is a person who hasn't taken the time to understand each model, see how different they are & research that Odyssey never claimed to improve your game other than trying to promote a more consistent forward roll at impact.

I don't agree with Stapp, but I'll say this before this goes a road I hope it won't.

EVERYONE here is entitled to their opinion on things, and others are entitled to disagree. Discussion on such is good for THP and what makes us, us. So I hope we won't get personal or into the generalities about people/posts/things.

The White Hot Pro's have dropped to $89 at my local Golfsmith and Golf Galaxy. SUUUUCH a great insert!

Still my favorite insert so far. Been eyeballing a V-Line and this may be the incentive I need to pull the trigger... Not that I need another putter.

Still my favorite insert so far. Been eyeballing a V-Line and this may be the incentive I need to pull the trigger... Not that I need another putter.
Same here, it's a fantastic insert.

I picked up a #1 today after making several putts all the way across the store lol

Wow. The Metal X #2 came in today from a THP trade, and I must say, this insert is really good. Higher pitched click than most of the others, but man is it good. I'll be honest, there isn't a whole lot of difference in feel between the Metal X insert and the Fusion RX. Fusion RX might put a slightly better roll on the ball, but very similar.

impressive #9 collection to say the least. Love the flip face one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There ae two, one is black and has the DFX insert as well as the Metal X.

I picked up a #1 today after making several putts all the way across the store lol

WHP #1, 35". I was just making bombs at the store, we'll see how it translates on the course. Loved the feel of the insert, haven't used one of these before. Very nice grip on it too, I'm not budget minded when it comes to putters but this overall feels excellent for a more budget line unit.

Didn't get a good pic, but it's a fairly thin topline, which I very much prefer - it's one of my favourite things about my B60, this #1 isn't quite that thin but thinner than, say, a Cameron.

The headcover is extremely cheap and feels very insubstantial. Nothing like what came with my Pings.

The 2 bars indicate moderate toe hang, but it was more in the category I consider 'slight'. 4 o'clock if it were righty.

So after really struggling on the green Tuesday night with another brand of putter, I threw my Metal-X-Milled Versa #7 back in the bag tonight; and finished the round with 15 putts--including 1-putts on 3 of the last 4 holes. Plus...no three jacks. It's not my preferred shape, it's not my preferred color scheme, but I certainly roll the ISH out of that putter. I'd be foolish to pull it out of the bag this season at all.

So after really struggling on the green Tuesday night with another brand of putter, I threw my Metal-X-Milled Versa #7 back in the bag tonight; and finished the round with 15 putts--including 1-putts on 3 of the last 4 holes. Plus...no three jacks. It's not my preferred shape, it's not my preferred color scheme, but I certainly roll the ISH out of that putter. I'd be foolish to pull it out of the bag this season at all.
You were automatic from inside 10 feet with that thing last weekend

You were automatic from inside 10 feet with that thing last weekend
More of the same tonight. Sometimes I simply can't get out of my own head. I may glue it into my bag for the summer.

Back