Push carts? thoughts?

This year I am looking into the push cart idea. The last few years I have always just carried my clubs. This winter I suffered a back injury. carrying my bag and walking 18 is just too much that I spend the rest of the weekend with ice on the couch. I rented a push cart and felt great after 18. So I was looking for ideas on push carts. What does everyone like? Suggestions?

Look at the CaddyTek EZ Fold. It's as well built as the ClicGear and typically about $100 less. I've had mine for a couple of rounds now and it's great.

The Clickgear is a great cart, but I love my GoKart electric -- does most of the work, and after 5 knee surgeries and a back surgery -- allows me to still walk the course.

Love my Clicgear 3.0 in red!!!

ones to check out:

Clicgear 3.5+ (or other clicgear models)
Bag Boy Triswivel II (I really like mine, but expensive)

I had a Sun Mountain Micro Cart (1st version I believe) and after 2 years I had to replace it. Still functioned, but not the way it should have and after at least a year I had to replace it. Maybe the new model is much improved, but the one I had

I enjoy carrying when I walk, but I have no qualms about switching to a push cart sometime in the future. And I have trunk space in this car!

I picked up 2 push carts this year. The mrs took over the first one, and as a consequence I picked up a second. First, I love using push carts! I used to nearly always carry, but a push cart is a nice improvement. Easier on the back, and the extra storage, cup holder, and umbrella mount are fantastic additions to a day on the course.

I only have experience with what I bought: Sun Mountain MC3, current version. They fold up nice and small --helpful transporting two of them -- and work great for our needs. I don't know of 4 wheels matters over 3, but my impression is that 4 wheels is nice to have for our significant terrain variability. Sun Mountain is also a Montana company out of Missoula, and, Cat-Grizz rivalry aside, that's a big positive for me. I bought both at local pro shops.

I have had a Clic Gear for several years now, and it is still happily rolling along. Money well spent.

I love Sun Mountain (have had 3 Sun Mountain bags, and they were/are great) and had a Sun Mountain Speed Cart V2 that I loved, but the original Microcart was not good for me. Couldn't get it to stay in place, my cart bag (Sun Mountain Model) wouldn't stay in place and getting into the storage area at the top of the cart was a pain.

I hope they improved with the MC3, but I wanted something different after my experience with the Microcart

glad yours is working out great!

I picked up 2 push carts this year. The mrs took over the first one, and as a consequence I picked up a second. First, I love using push carts! I used to nearly always carry, but a push cart is a nice improvement. Easier on the back, and the extra storage, cup holder, and umbrella mount are fantastic additions to a day on the course.

I only have experience with what I bought: Sun Mountain MC3, current version. They fold up nice and small --helpful transporting two of them -- and work great for our needs. I don't know of 4 wheels matters over 3, but my impression is that 4 wheels is nice to have for our significant terrain variability. Sun Mountain is also a Montana company out of Missoula, and, Cat-Grizz rivalry aside, that's a big positive for me. I bought both at local pro shops.

I just picked up a clicgear 3.5+ this year & so far it's been great!

I carried my clubs all my life, until last year that is. I use a clicgear 3.0 and love it. It's easy to push and is super stable. I no longer find that my shoulders are tired after a round which is awesome.

clicgear 3.5+ here. Love it. I will never go back.

I've never owned a clicgear, only Sun Mountain push carts, but today I would buy a clicgear I think.

I carried my clubs all my life, until last year that is. I use a clicgear 3.0 and love it. It's easy to push and is super stable. I no longer find that my shoulders are tired after a round which is awesome.
My issue with the 3.0 is that the brake-cable breaks. The 3.5 has better routing and doesn't seem to suffer from this issue.

If I'd be shopping right now I'd look into a four wheel cart, don't know why, but they appeal to me :)

I have a Bagboy push cart and really like it.
Folds up pretty small, unfolds easily and very stable. The only thing I'm not crazy about is where the cup holder is. It ends up right below my driver but my work around is moving the driver and leaving that slot open.

Clicgear over all.

I already said clicgear, maybe I should add that I drive a Mini.. Not much space in my car ;)
I can fit two clicgears and two full-size bags, then a couple of bags of clothes and still look through the back-window.. Haven't had that experience with any other cart: all seemed to big.

I don't have a back-seat by the way, if I had, it must be put down or nothing will fit :D

I have been carrying since I started golfing, but this winter a great THP member (O'Carroll) gave me his Clicgear 8.0 (4 wheeler model) and I ahve to say that I love it, I will not be carrying again, I even gave all 3 stand bags I had in the basement to friends inside and outside THP.

+1 on the caddytek. I got the 3 wheel model. I like it better than my pull cart and about $100 less than the clic gears. I did have an issue with a 4 wheel model that I bought first, but since I got it from Costco returning it was a breeze.

Sun Mountain V1 sport. I'm going on my 3rd year with it, and it performs like the day I bought it. folds and unfolds in only two moves, folds up in a very compact position and pushes great. My home course is very hilly and rough, and my Sun Mountain handles it all with no problem. Stand bags and cart bags both fit well on it, and I couldn't ask for more in a push cart. I would buy again.

Clicgear 3.5+ is the best out there. I'll even have it with me when I plan to walk Torrey Pines South on Monday after #TheKing.

I also this year went from carrying my clubs on my Tuesday night golf night to buying a pull cart. I was torn between the push cart and a pull cart but decided the cheaper route and got a $50 pull cart.
Weekends I'm in the motorized cart.

Clicgear, no questions. Lot of accessories you can add on and the durability is top notch. Had mine run over by a cart before and came away in one piece.

I'm still rocking the original Clicgear and it still performs like it is straight out of the box.

I own a Clicgear 3.0 and it's the best!

What are the major difference on the two clicgear styles?

Back