Bushnell Tour X Laser Rangefinder Preview

watching The Masters range feed this morning. Noticed Cabrera using this device to target flags. Had the red cap on. Just found that somewhat interesting.

watching The Masters range feed this morning. Noticed Cabrera using this device to target flags. Had the red cap on. Just found that somewhat interesting.

Vijay had it yesterday as well same cap

There were a few of them out there today and all seemed to be using the slope feature. I am loving mine so far.

Is it really worth the 500.00 to upgrade from my TourV3?

Does your v3 have slope? Is slope something you need/want? I wanted slope and the ability to swap out to tournament legal was pretty big for me. Plus new/shiny... you know the drill

The review on the homepage is indeed good and helped me pull the trigger. Im loving my X so far!

I'm going to get this or the Leupold GX-4i2. Still haven't decided which one yet, but I'm leaning towards the Leupold.

I'm going to get this or the Leupold GX-4i2. Still haven't decided which one yet, but I'm leaning towards the Leupold.

Curious why you are leaning that direction?

The Bushnell trade in program is pretty sweet looks like. A few clubs and my V3 and I am only out 130.00 for the Tour X. Hmmmm.

As someone that has both, the Bushnell is significantly easier to lock onto the pins with.

As someone that has both, the Bushnell is significantly easier to lock onto the pins with.
I can't speak for the Leo but I was shocked how easy it was too find the pin even in the wind and with my sometimes shaky hands. Pretty impressed

Curious why you are leaning that direction?

The feature set for the Leupold seems to be more robust and it can be had cheaper on the bay.

Hmm as a rangefinder noob I do need something that works relatively easy. Is there a significant difference though? This would be my first rangefinder purchase...

Yes, to me there is a pretty significant difference. Curious what feature the Leupold has that this one does not?

I bought a Leo GX-4i a couple years ago. I found it pretty hard to lock onto pins, near impossible actually. Eventually returned the unit and got a Bushnell Tour v3 Slope. The Tour v3 was stupid easy to lock onto pins, and Jolt, while it may seem like a gimmick, is far from being one.

Last month, I purchased the Tour X to replace the Tour v3. If I didn't feel I needed the ability to turn off slope, I would say the Tour v3 was the better RF. It locks pins quicker and is smaller (albeit only slightly). There is also a big deal made about the ease of focusing the Tour X, but I never noticed things being out of focus on the v3. On the other hand, it feels like every time I pick up the Tour X to shoot something, the object is out of focus.

So IMO - Bushnell Tour v3 > Bushnell Tour X > Leopold Anything

I bought a Leo GX-4i a couple years ago. I found it pretty hard to lock onto pins, near impossible actually. Eventually returned the unit and got a Bushnell Tour v3 Slope. The Tour v3 was stupid easy to lock onto pins, and Jolt, while it may seem like a gimmick, is far from being one.

Last month, I purchased the Tour X to replace the Tour v3. If I didn't feel I needed the ability to turn off slope, I would say the Tour v3 was the better RF. It locks pins quicker and is smaller (albeit only slightly). There is also a big deal made about the ease of focusing the Tour X, but I never noticed things being out of focus on the v3. On the other hand, it feels like every time I pick up the Tour X to shoot something, the object is out of focus.

So IMO - Bushnell Tour v3 > Bushnell Tour X > Leopold Anything
I haven't had any focusing issues with mine yet but I guess I could see if that knob got turned taking it in and out of the case or something. I agree I do love the jolt feature.

I haven't had any focusing issues with mine yet but I guess I could see if that knob got turned taking it in and out of the case or something. I agree I do love the jolt feature.

That might be the issue. Either way, it isn't too much of a hassle on the Tour X to adjust focus, so can't complain much. The ability to change from slope to non-slope more than makes up for this small issue.

I just did and he'll yes it was worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I could go back in time, I would have bought the non-slope Bushnell v3 and been done with it. With that said, I got a pretty favorable resale value out of my v3 Slope, so the net upgrade price may have been worth it.

Yes, to me there is a pretty significant difference. Curious what feature the Leupold has that this one does not?

Club selector, fog mode. These are probably unnecessary features but fog mode could be useful in the Bay Area.

Club selector, fog mode. These are probably unnecessary features but fog mode could be useful in the Bay Area.

FWIW, I found the ability to switch between black and red more useful.

Previous Rangefinder: Leica Pinmaster owned for over 10 years. The first with pinseeker tech but not easy to lock on.

Search: Was set on a Leopold 3i2 or 4i2- optics rep, CS, features until I read the reviews - tough to lock on. Might as well keep the Leica.

Thinking: Reviews on Tour X were great, except that it's not completely waterproof due to the slope attachment

Purchase: Found a tgw deal on the Tour X and bit.

Quick Review: Wow! This thing is easy to lock with a fast and furious jolt, even with one middle aged hand. Focus is easy, red/black easy, great info when ranging. And the ergonomics -- the fit in your hand is great due to the shape for the hand area.

Badass, Sick, etc...

Last edited:
Back