Minneapolis 2015 Outing aka Jucy Lucy & Friends - May 16, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to say I am focusing on score, but in reality, I am more focusing on meeting new friends and testing drivers. The scores will just be icing on the cake.
Ditto, or the cheese inside the burger if you will! See what I did there.

Ditto, or the cheese inside the burger if you will! See what I did there.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I plan on winning. I have yet to win a THP outing/event/get-together, but that streak has to end sometime.

bjosh and I just figured out we work together. LOL.

Mind blown. Small world!

In my head, the conversation went like this:

Widespot: "What are you doing this weekend bjosh?"
bjosh: "I am going to Woodbury to golf with some people from a golf website called The Hackers Paradise."
Widespot: "Shut the front door...!"

bjosh: "I am going to Woodbury to golf with some people from a golf website called The Hackers Paradise."

Pretty much, but while peeing.

You're not too far off.

Me: I'm playing 36 holes on Saturday
Widespot: Me too. The Hackers Paradise
Me: NO WAY!

Pretty much, but while peeing.

I want you to know, there are a ton of jokes that can be made here. But they really aren't family friendly.

You're not too far off.

Me: I'm playing 36 holes on Saturday
Widespot: Me too. The Hackers Paradise
Me: NO WAY!

"I hope you work on not spraying it left."

I couldn't resist.

widespot:

Step-Brothers-Did-We-Just-Become-Best-Friends.jpg

bjosh:

1374.gif

As I am in the golf store today, a guy I know who is working keeps asking me "What did you think of ______ driver? Have you hit it?"

I kept responding with "Not yet, but I will be on Saturday." This happened with requests on 5 drivers from him. "How did you manage that?" he asks. Well, I am part of a golf community, and there is a gathering this weekend where we get to test out all the new drivers.

"Well that must be expensive, how much is that going to cost? Nothing but the cost of the rounds? You are kidding right? And you get to people from all over who are into golf? That is cool!"

Yes. It is cool. And I get to be a part of it. And he could be a part of it too if he wanted to. And so could you, and you, and you too.......

Sometimes it is exciting to talk to someone who just understands how cool THP is from an outsider's perspective.

And after golf widespot and bjosh are going to build bunkbeds so they have more room for activities.

Played 9 holes in league tonight. Had a few more putts than I wanted but overall I was happy with my game. Im feeling better and am excited for Saturday. Looking forward to meeting you guys! Safe travels to those driving or flying from afar!

In 22 Hours, I will be hopping into a car with a complete stranger, and making the 9 hour journey to MSP. Golf bag is packed and ready to go. Still mulling over clothing choices however.

I don't get how guys in the bigger events/outings can contain themselves. I have been bouncing off the wall for a week now with excitement, my wife and friends think there is something wrong with me.

22 hours to new friends, fun times, good food, and hopefully thunderstorm free golf!

Excited for you bman. That's a great feeling and even though you've read so much about THP'rs getting together like this, you'll still be surprised at how you feel coming away from it.

Excited for you bman. That's a great feeling and even though you've read so much about THP'rs getting together like this, you'll still be surprised at how you feel coming away from it.

FlightScope is packed in its own suitcase.
No PC for this one to pair with it, instead going with the app and iPad, which works extremely well.
Next up, driver heads and golf clubs.

FlightScope is packed in its own suitcase.
No PC for this one to pair with it, instead going with the app and iPad, which works extremely well.
Next up, driver heads and golf clubs.

Looking forward to seeing the dumbfounded smiles when people walk up to the range. You know what I'm talking about.

Looking forward to seeing the dumbfounded smiles when people walk up to the range. You know what I'm talking about.

Yes sir. Packing up driver heads right now and realized "How dare companies make a non-adjustable driver anymore, such a pain to travel with" and of course especially when you are bringing 20+ drivers somewhere.

I know it. We get spoiled these days.

I may have to tie you down in the golf cart....:blob:

...I have been bouncing off the wall for a week now with excitement, my wife and friends think there is something wrong with me....

I've never owned or used an adjustable driver....

I was speaking to the part of being able to take the head off for ease of traveling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back