Callaway Big Bertha Mini 1.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that's what it should be for me (additional tee option) but considering that even with driver I can rarely look at a par 5 in 2 and with how I struggle with driver at times, I have to put a focus on just hitting the FW. Worked decently with the Nike FW but a club designed for this perks my ears.....likely have to take the plunge.

I like you with your driver and this.

I think it could breed a confident Cookie, and a confident Cookie is a terror on a golf course.

Really? Maybe it's my aging eyes but the SLDR Mini looks bigger. Maybe its the matte finish.

I think it has a similar finish to the BBA line and not the XR. I don't remember seeing any matte.

I think it has a similar finish to the BBA line and not the XR. I don't remember seeing any matte.

He's saying maybe the SLDR mini looked bigger to him bc of the matte paint.

To me, its an additional tee option and nothing more. I know that I won't hit it off the deck, but its a great club for tight holes or certain tee situations. From there, a fairway wood I can hit in my "go" range of about 230 is the next key, with the HW I have that, beyond that number I know I have zeeeeeeeero business going for a green in two.

I really want to pit this against the Aero Mini. Really really.

Can't wait to hear your comparison of the two. Might be a good idea to start a thread: Callaway mini vs TM mini

I have one here, but cannot post the in hand stuff just yet. Coming soon however. But we wont stop anybody else from posting it now.

I believe the 15th. Might be tomorrow though

Apologies if I posted information out of turn, I assumed that as it was published in a national magazine here that the info was freely available

There is further information regarding head size and stock shaft options in the magazine but I will refrain from posting it just now

Can't wait to hear your comparison of the two. Might be a good idea to start a thread: Callaway mini vs TM mini

Seconded. I suspect many are cross shopping the TM Aero Mini and the BB Mini 1.5. It'd be interesting to do this with the Rapture and the LT2W as well. All seemingly are in about the same class.

Seconded. I suspect many are cross shopping the TM Aero Mini and the BB Mini 1.5. It'd be interesting to do this with the Rapture and the LT2W as well. All seemingly are in about the same class.

From what I read the mini is about 50-60cc bigger than the aero which is a big plus for the mini for me as a driver replacement. Want to say mini is like 235 while aero is like 185...roughly something like that. Or maybe the deep series was the smaller one...can't remember exactly but mini was bigger in comparisons I saw.

I'm on the train with the worst wifi on the planet, so my browser won't display correctly. Are there any no-charge shaft upgrades available? I'm more curious about that than anything. #internetgolfer

I'm interested in that the stock shaft is 44" and weight around 67 grams. I'm not sure how that compares to the other mini I love, but I'll find out.

I've tried the "Configure Club" option from 2 different pc's and it's not working so can't say for certain right now.

I've tried the "Configure Club" option from 2 different pc's and it's not working so can't say for certain right now.
Guess it's a global problem then and not just my shoddy wifi. It's probably a good thing as I don't need this immediately anyway (YES I DO!).

Guess it's a global problem then and not just my shoddy wifi. It's probably a good thing as I don't need this immediately anyway (YES I DO!).

Guessing they will fix today. Even when I tried to add to cart it spit an error saying to call CS.

I love the size at 235cc.....and will be ordering pronto. Quite excited in all honesty.

Guessing they will fix today. Even when I tried to add to cart it spit an error saying to call CS.

I love the size at 235cc.....and will be ordering pronto. Quite excited in all honesty.
I think it'll be a winner for me too. I can't wait to check it out (and by that, I mean enter my credit card info).

I would bet anything stock would be no upcharge:

- PX LZ/ LZ Pro
- Tour Blue
- Tour Green

Then maybe some others, but at least those

I would bet anything stock would be no upcharge:

- PX LZ/ LZ Pro
- Tour Blue
- Tour Green

Then maybe some others, but at least those
I was fit into the Rogue for my driver, and then the Tour Green in my fairways and hybrid, so those would be where I'd be curious to see.

I also have my Grandaddy LZ that I could put back in my driver and then "possibly" cut down the Rogue for this to play at 44" or whatever. I really see little downfall at all to me adding this one.

I was fit into the Rogue for my driver, and then the Tour Green in my fairways and hybrid, so those would be where I'd be curious to see.

I also have my Grandaddy LZ that I could put back in my driver and then "possibly" cut down the Rogue for this to play at 44" or whatever. I really see little downfall at all to me adding this one.

Use the XR Deep or XR Pro to gauge an idea. I got the XR Pro 14 with a tour blue for no upcharge, but noticed the Pro Launch shafts, the Tour Blue/Green and both PX LZs were no upcharge.

I am at work so I can't say for definite, but if I remember correctly, there were only 2 options for shafts mentioned in the magazine I received the other day

But that may only apply to here in the UK? I don't know?

*INTERNET GOLFER SPEAK ACTIVATED*

Which shaft to get?

Which shaft to get?

Nothing whippy. Probably the most expensive upcharge shaft would be good?

Maybe the Tiger Shaft in X flex?

Which shaft to get?

I'm going stock Silver TiNi, low launch and spin is what I will need with a head that's not designed to be low launch or spin.

Which shaft to get?

Just head down to your nearest building site and grab a piece of scaffold pole, should hopefully be stiff enough to handle your swing :alien:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back