Why did I become a teacher?

Just had a meeting with the principle and the AP for that grade level along with the parent and the child. Needles to say as the student was answering questions about what happen it was obvious to us all that he was lying. Now just have to wait to hear from the principle later.

Sorry man. This is horrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just had a meeting with the principle and the AP for that grade level along with the parent and the child. Needles to say as the student was answering questions about what happen it was obvious to us all that he was lying. Now just have to wait to hear from the principle later.

Glad to hear everything is just about settled. Were you being accused of physically touching the student or sexually? Either way it's serious allegations and I would think the student would need to be punished in some way for the false accusations. Had they gone publicly with these allegations, I imagine that your reputation would have been tarnished and not easily fixed.

Did you at least get an apology from the dad?

My other question is, like others have pointed out the father should not have been allowed to your classroom, did anyone in the school know he was down there or did his little angel let him in a side door and skirt security and the office?

Hope he gets suspended. That's some serious allegations to throw around, potentially ruining careers and lives. Plus, that father best suck it up and serve up a nice fat apology.

Hope he gets suspended. That's some serious allegations to throw around, potentially ruining careers and lives. Plus, that father best suck it up and serve up a nice fat apology.

Quoted for truth.

I'm glad it looks like things will end up being resolved, correctly. I think I'd still, personally want an apology from the kid, parent and the Admin of the school...this got WAY to far out of hand with how all of that was handled.

You are handling this the right way. I absolutely believe you should consult an attorney assuming your union doesn't provide representation.

Glad to hear everything is just about settled. Were you being accused of physically touching the student or sexually? Either way it's serious allegations and I would think the student would need to be punished in some way for the false accusations. Had they gone publicly with these allegations, I imagine that your reputation would have been tarnished and not easily fixed.

Did you at least get an apology from the dad?

My other question is, like others have pointed out the father should not have been allowed to your classroom, did anyone in the school know he was down there or did his little angel let him in a side door and skirt security and the office?

He accused me of physically touching his son. His son said that I pushed him back on the bleachers to take his phone. He was on the top row of the bleachers outside so he would have fallen off if I did that. The dad did not apologies for how he acted he only said he would back his son up. The principle told me that she spoke with the AP who allowed him down there. She did not go into detail but she was not happy to hear he made it down to me.

I found out this morning that the kid took a video of his dad getting in my face and put it on instagram. I spoke with the principle about it and she was calling HR. Not sure what will happen now. I am going to talk to HR and will not be working at this school next year.

That AP should be serving fries. How ridiculous

I found out this morning that the kid took a video of his dad getting in my face and put it on instagram. I spoke with the principle about it and she was calling HR. Not sure what will happen now. I am going to talk to HR and will not be working at this school next year.
So the kid took video of his dad potentially committing a crime? Brilliant ... I'd let the police look at it and see what they think.

Why did I become a teacher?

So the kid took video of his dad potentially committing a crime? Brilliant ... I'd let the police look at it and see what they think.

Make sure you thank the kid as well for being ignorant , probably helping your case.

You did the right thing keeping your cool. The parent should never have been able to get past the front office in the first place. You should come be a teacher in NY, where it's ok to put your hands on kids. A few weeks ago a teacher dislocated a kid's arm by yanking on it to get him out of the classroom, and the school protected her and somehow blocked the investigation.

He accused me of physically touching his son. His son said that I pushed him back on the bleachers to take his phone. He was on the top row of the bleachers outside so he would have fallen off if I did that. The dad did not apologies for how he acted he only said he would back his son up. The principle told me that she spoke with the AP who allowed him down there. She did not go into detail but she was not happy to hear he made it down to me.

That's some bull... to allow him access to the school. Wonder what they would have said if this nut job pulled a gun and threatened to shoot someone or God forbid actually shoot someone. I know that's taking it to an extreme but I know a few crazies that might just do that.

Sometimes kids (and adults) have no brains. I'm sure he took the video to show how big and bad his dad is. It'll come back and bite them both, maybe not now, but eventually. Sounds like jr didn't fall far from the tree.

I don't understand parents these days. I love my kids very much and would do anything for them. But it's in a kids nature to do whatever it takes to get out of trouble, and that includes lying. Unless there was visible marking on my kids, I'd walk in there with my kid and have him tell me in front of you what the he said you did.

Good teachers are amazing and very much under appreciated. So I hope everything works out for you.

I got the video that the kid took. I would put it up for yall to see but don't know how.

I got the video that the kid took. I would put it up for yall to see but don't know how.
People are generally not bright are they? This kid and his father seem very umm....stupid.

You did the right thing by letting the parent vent and good on you for letting him do this. I would have your HR or your teacher union rep come and get into this situation if your admin is leaving you out to dry. The HR and admin should be backing you 100%. get a lawyer. As for laying charges, that may be something to consider. This parent is obviously a bully and should be treated as such....and should be barred from stepping foot on the school grounds. I am surprised your school doesn't have a sign in policy in place for visitors.
Sorry this happened to you and I hope you get through this without damage to your rep.

for your own protection I wouldn't be posting anything about this. this may come to bite you in the ass and will reflect negatively on you. Keep it for your own case.

you have to post it to youtube then post the link.

Dude, rule one of teaching, CYA-DYJ, cover your ass and do your job.
Don't post it. Not worth it.

I wouldn't post it, but I would definitely find a way to capture the video for evidence.

Second this 100 percent

The only people who need to see it are your administration, your union rep, and the police.

And maybe ... if your admin seem a bit lackadaisical about it, maybe drop a hint that the press could windup with it ... since it's on the internets and all.

Yeah I know and I won't. Sent the video to my Principle and wife, never heard back from the principle.

Back