Interpreting Trackman Results

Alez367

Formerly Carlos C.
Reaction score
Handicap
Recently had some time on Trackman for the first time and it was fun but I'm not sure how to interpret the numbers given. Anyone able to help?
View attachment 19974

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure. Finding it a little hard to read, but what help are you looking for?

It is hard to read, but your average looks pretty good, I cant read the dispersion though. Similar numbers to mine. I'm not an expert, but I can tell you from experience that if you get your average launch up to 16 while keeping your average spin the same, you can potentially carry it 250.

Launch is low on many of those. Swing speed looks good and spin is a little all over the place with some high and some low. Getting a consistent launch in the 14-16* range and keeping spin in the 2100-2900 will in crease your carry distance. Like JB asked what help are you looking for.

I'm sorry, is it saying a smash factor of 1.51 and 1.53 on some of those?

Yep, appears to show several north of 1.50.

Straaaaaange.

Its actually less strange than you imagine with Trackman. It comes from using indoors and not setting up the machine properly for the right golf ball and conditions. It can happen outside as well, but less so since it is tracking the entire flight. It could also happen if say it was set up for the wrong club being hit.

Its actually less strange than you imagine with Trackman. It comes from using indoors and not setting up the machine properly for the right golf ball and conditions. It can happen outside as well, but less so since it is tracking the entire flight. It could also happen if say it was set up for the wrong club being hit.
Same issues with Flightscope?

Same issues with Flightscope?

Its really same issue with every machine. Camera based systems dont have the setup, but when adding HMT, to get thorough club readings, they present themselves. Doppler based systems, like Trackman and FlightScope can both have them (almost only inside). Its usually more about the person getting them setup than anything else.

Sure. Finding it a little hard to read, but what help are you looking for?

I got that the launch was low but had some trouble with the spin and the correlation to launch.

The launch is low, but not troublingly low. There are many times a direct correlation between low spin and low launch. Are the 220 yard drives consistent with what you are normally seeing (carry distance)? Swing speed coming in right around 98 or so says that would be the case typically.

Its really same issue with every machine. Camera based systems dont have the setup, but when adding HMT, to get thorough club readings, they present themselves. Doppler based systems, like Trackman and FlightScope can both have them (almost only inside). Its usually more about the person getting them setup than anything else.

This was an outside demo area. The tech behind the machine said it was a problem that was already communicated to Trackman.

This was an outside demo area. The tech behind the machine said it was a problem that was already communicated to Trackman.

If that was the case, I would not look too much into any of the numbers.
Although I think the tech behind the computer is incorrect and it was operator error in this instance.

The launch is low, but not troublingly low. There are many times a direct correlation between low spin and low launch. Are the 220 yard drives consistent with what you are normally seeing (carry distance)? Swing speed coming in right around 98 or so says that would be the case typically.

Well this was into the wind a bit but lately (within past 30 days) I've been seeing 240 carry. This was definitely an eye opening experience for me and what I actually do off the tee

Well this was into the wind a bit but lately (within past 30 days) I've been seeing 240 carry. This was definitely an eye opening experience for me and what I actually do off the tee

Interesting. If that is the case, and you know your carry distance like that. Something is definitely off. With the rest of the numbers and your swing speed, and that carry, the machine is simply not measuring correctly or the distance you are seeing (as carry) is incorrect.

Interesting. If that is the case, and you know your carry distance like that. Something is definitely off. With the rest of the numbers and your swing speed, and that carry, the machine is simply not measuring correctly or the distance you are seeing (as carry) is incorrect.

Think a higher lofted driver (Currently using 8.5* driver turned to 9.5) would help with launch while keeping the spin numbers relatively the same?

Think a higher lofted driver (Currently using 8.5* driver turned to 9.5) would help with launch while keeping the spin numbers relatively the same?

Not sure. As loft goes up, generally spin will go up, although I dont think a few hundred RPMs of spin will hurt you. However if you are used to seeing way more distance than this, and the numbers are just not accurate, then dont overthink it at all.

Driver numbers?

I got that the launch was low but had some trouble with the spin and the correlation to launch.

Yes. X2hot Pro 8.5 turned to 9.5 with proj X HC 6.0

If those numbers are taken as accurate, I would say that the 6.0 might be a tad stiff in this instance.

Yeah those numbers are nowhere NEAR what you were turning out when we played......

Your swing speed is very smooth though....not what I would call hard or aggressive in the least. But really solid. The ball flies off the face.

I think another go at a Trackman would fix things up.

Yes. X2hot Pro 8.5 turned to 9.5 with proj X HC 6.0

If those numbers are taken as accurate, I would say that the 6.0 might be a tad stiff in this instance.

I will say that has always been a thought in the back of my mind that this might be true.

Yeah those numbers are nowhere NEAR what you were turning out when we played......

Could you actually tell carry distances though? I find that most people that have not been on a doppler machine think they hit it a bit farther than they do. Its not a knock on them at all, but for many playing on courses that offer roll out, carry distance is hard to obtain. Then add that course yardages are not all that easy to make accurate assessments and you have a recipe for incorrect yardage.

Back