Will You Create Your Legacy - 2015 #THPLegacy Event

nice looking bag setup mcrock. the m3s are some really nice irons. definitely on my ponder list.

Great looking bag rock!

Is anyone else worried that they will peak too early? I'm starting to find a groove I haven't had in awhile & its still 2 months before the event.

I'll stick to the routine that's getting me there & try to fight off the swing thought demons that plague us all.

Is anyone else worried that they will peak too early? I'm starting to find a groove I haven't had in awhile & its still 2 months before the event.

I'll stick to the routine that's getting me there & try to fight off the swing thought demons that plague us all.
Keep grinding and take a solid gsme into myrtle and the chips will fall where they may

I just recently had a month-long hot streak where everything was clicking. Didn't matter the course or the weather I was hitting the ball where I wanted to, and my misses were somehow always playable. My cap dropped from 10 to 8.2 and I couldn't help but wonder if I was peaking too early and if I could sustain the type of play for the next 3 months.
I've dipped a little since then, but that was all swing related and I think I've fixed it. We'll find out later this afternoon when I play 36 where I'm at.

I've been working so damn hard on my game and trying to make sure this new-ish swing/grip that I've got just becomes 2nd nature and I honestly see no reason why I can't continue this play going forward. For me personally its 100% about the tee game. If I'm getting off the tee well the rest of my game just rides that momentum and bogey is the worst score on my card. Lately I've been absolutely hammering the ball with driver, straighter than I've ever hit before, and it's got a pretty nice trajectory compared to what I used to hit.

Here's my bag setup for THP Legacy! This bag is setup to basically mirror my current bag exactly. No changes, no surprises. I was considering a lot of different changups but just couldn't commit. I was considering blue wedges, but my OCD wouldn't allow it. I was considering D200 irons, but they are a huge change for me. I was considering a hybo instead of a 5i, but I've never done that before. I was considering an X-Stiff driver shaft, but that was overthinking spin rates.

Bring on True Blue, Caledonia, and Team Tradition!

D200 13* Aldila Tour Blue 65 Stiff 1" short (45")
D200 18* Aldila Tour Blue 65 Stiff Std. Length
D200 22* with Kuro Kage Black 90 Stiff
C100 5-GW KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff 1/2" short
FG Tour TC Black 52/56/60 KBS Custom Stiff 1/4" short Traditional Sole
Infinite Michigan Ave. 34"

Ball: FG TOUR

Got to tee it up with McRock today for 36 holes and talk about legacy and past Morgan cups (IceyShanks was there too). I can say that from what I saw today, Dan has been doing work and will be a force in July. Captain 441 should be very proud and excited about his boy Dan.

Got to tee it up with McRock today for 36 holes and talk about legacy and past Morgan cups (IceyShanks was there too). I can say that from what I saw today, Dan has been doing work and will be a force in July. Captain 441 should be very proud and excited about his boy Dan.
Thanks buddy. Callaway has no idea whats going to hit them either.

~Rock

That's what I like to hear!

There are definitely highs and lows during this. In the last month I have picked up a club and a half of distance with my irons, only to seemingly lose it at times. It will be interesting to see how quickly I can adjust to new clubs and distances in Myrtle Beach. I really need to have my swing figured out by the end of June. This transition period is tough. The good part is that I have still been able to score for the most part. My work in the short game area is giving me some confidence. I wouldn't say my short game is strong, but it's far ahead of where it was when I started this journey.

It's amazing to me how in this game of golf it's so hard to improve in all aspects of the game at the same time. "Tee game improves? Bye bye short game" seems to be the way it goes sometimes.
All the more reason for me to work even harder and put in more and more time making sure I'm neglecting no aspect. Lately I've been taking my short game for granted while working on my irons and woods and guess what? Yesterday was a great ball striking day with too many strokes around the greens. Go figure.

Where are my work boots?

This thread is great to follow along.

I like the bag setup Army, makes perfect sense. Congrats on making that decision!

Mike would be very proud, he played amazing, under the pressure we tried to put on him, and played great on a very tough track he hadn't played before. Well done Dan!

This thread is great to follow along.

I like the bag setup Army, makes perfect sense. Congrats on making that decision!
Thanks Frank!
I was definitely violating rule #1 but in all honesty it was a ton if fun spitballing all these crazy ideas and then in the end just going with what I know.
The fact that hitting any of the clubs aside from a couple irons wasn't an option just made me go with a setup that I know and love.

Thanks Frank!
I was definitely violating rule #1 but in all honesty it was a ton if fun spitballing all these crazy ideas and then in the end just going with what I know.
The fact that hitting any of the clubs aside from a couple irons wasn't an option just made me go with a setup that I know and love.
I completely understand. I have been encouraging you to go D200 but then I got my hands on them and instantly had a greater appreciation for your hesitation.

I finalized my club and ball decision, yesterday. Really had fun with the equipment pondering. Thanks to THP, Wilson Staff, KBS, and Lamkin for the opportunity...

D200 9 deg, Aldila Tour Green stiff, 45"
D200 3 wood, Aldila Tour Green stiff, 43"
D200 3H, MRC Kuro Kage Black stiff, 40"
C100 5-GW, KBS C-Taper Lite stiff, standard lengths (38.5" 5 iron)
FG Tour Frost 50/08 Traditional Sole, KBS Custom Wedge stiff, 35.5"
FG Tour Frost 54/10 Traditional Sole, KBS Custom Wedge stiff, 35.5"
FG Tour Frost 58/10 Tour Sole, KBS Custom Wedge stiff, 35.5"
Infinite North Side 35"

Ball: FG Tour

Last edited:
Good stuff Jeremy. What about putter?

C100 5-GW KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff

FG Tour TC Black 52/56/60 Traditional Sole

Do you envision using the set gap wedge for full swings and the 52* as more of a finesse club or as an option when you want/need more bounce?

Ok, here is my final bag for Legacy. Like ArmyGolf, I'm going with a setup that is similar to my current setup. In the end I'm going with lots of forgiveness and sticking with hybrids instead of fairway woods. I even get to play the same hybrid shaft I'm currently gaming for some added comfort. And for driver, opting for max forgiveness over looks. Here it is:

Driver: J815 with 10.5 degrees of loft with Fujikara Pro 63 in X flex at 45.25" length.

Hybrids: J15, 1 and 3 With Tour Green shaft in X flex.

Irons: J15 cast, 5 - AW, standard length, 1* upright, KBS C-Taper in stiff.

Wedges: J15 Black Oxide, 52, 56 and 60* with custom black KBS wedge shafts!

Putter: TD-02 True Balance with oversize grip.

Ball: B330-S.

Do you envision using the set gap wedge for full swings and the 52* as more of a finesse club or as an option when you want/need more bounce?
The set gap wedge is 48*...So I intend to use both for full swings just like I do with my current set.

Ok, here is my final bag for Legacy. Like ArmyGolf, I'm going with a setup that is similar to my current setup. In the end I'm going with lots of forgiveness and sticking with hybrids instead of fairway woods. I even get to play the same hybrid shaft I'm currently gaming for some added comfort. And for driver, opting for max forgiveness over looks. Here it is:

Driver: J815 with 10.5 degrees of loft with Fujikara Pro 63 in X flex at 45.25" length.

Hybrids: J15, 1 and 3 With Tour Green shaft in X flex.

Irons: J15 cast, 5 - AW, standard length, 1* upright, KBS C-Taper in stiff.

Wedges: J15 Black Oxide, 52, 56 and 60* with custom black KBS wedge shafts!

Putter: TD-02 True Balance with oversize grip.

Ball: B330-S.
Those J15 Cast are going to be deadly in your hands...and I've seen what you can do with a hybrid.

Nice setup!

Back