Will You Create Your Legacy - 2015 #THPLegacy Event

Looking at the layout, not sure which is the more harrowing shot, the tee shot or the approach. What a perfect finishing hole. 3W and then hopefully and approach from somewhere 140 or less yards in. Doesn't look like a lot of great places to miss the green.

Thanks for giving up this little prep Kev, it's been really fun waking up to this every morning.

Looking at the layout, not sure which is the more harrowing shot, the tee shot or the approach. What a perfect finishing hole. 3W and then hopefully and approach from somewhere 140 or less yards in. Doesn't look like a lot of great places to miss the green.

Thanks for giving up this little prep Kev, it's been really fun waking up to this every morning.

Theres some bailout left of the green, outside of that its all kinds of bad if you miss the green elsewhere.

This is my favorite hole of the two courses. For me its 3w all day off the tee bc if you get roll out you will get your shot up close to the water. Nice wedge in and birdie is stealing a shot on the field and par is a great score.

Kevin thanks for these hole by hole previews. Makes me want to get back out there really bad.

Have fun guys, enjoy the ride and remember to take it all in. Win or lose you are golfing as part of a team in an inaugural event that represents THP & it's great membership.

5 wood or hybrid off the tee for me (whichever has been better to me so far that day) and then a wedge into the green. Very nice looking hole.

Thanks for doing these every single day Kevin! Its a lot of fun to preview the courses like this.

This hole you REALLY need to find the fairway. I don't care if you take 7i off the tee to do it, but you can't afford to be hitting out of the thick rough on this hole.

Green is a healthy size, only place to really miss is left or just over the center between those bunkers. Heck of a finishing hole with the balcony patrons watching your approach shots and cheering on the good ones.

I watched many many groups come in on that hole and I dont remember anyone not bailing out left if they had anything more than a scoring iron/wedge in their hand. Its very intimidating. I remember someone hitting the ball off the clubhouse but wont mention any names....

Interesting hole. I'll go 3w and then short iron (depending on pin location obviously).

EDIT: Or since it'll be alt shot, I'll go 3w, and hopefully leave my partner a short iron.

~Rock

Hmm, I *can* hit my driver out to a longish but acceptable approach distance so I can get a look at par. But my driver misses right a lot. The smarter play, depending on how the match is going, would be iron-iron-iron for a bogey.

Tough hole for me.....period. From the tee box it just looks a lot longer than it actually is to get out there. This usually causes me to come out of a good tempo and swing a little wild. Makes for a tougher than needed second shot. Play to a yardage and swing within yourself to avoid trouble.

JM

Have never played this hole in competition.

18 is a really fun hole. Also very challenging.

Definitely do not need to hit driver. It's a bit of a risk/reward shot based on your line. You'll see a flag directly ahead of you that shows where the water is. Main idea is to get as close as you can to the flag, because that gives you a shorter approach to the green.

I have a tendency to hook the tee shot to defend against the water. There's plenty of room to the left, even more than what you see from the tee. But you can have close to 200 into the green if you're really left.

It's a great finishing hole.

Have never played this hole in competition.

Hopefully you win early! Haha

I've only played it in competition once I believe and it was one of most emotional experiences I've had on the course.

Such a fantastic finishing hole with no good miss available. Pressure is very similar to TB 18th with the backdrop, etc.

Hopefully you win early! Haha

I've only played it in competition once I believe and it was one of most emotional experiences I've had on the course.

Such a fantastic finishing hole with no good miss available. Pressure is very similar to TB 18th with the backdrop, etc.

I did last year! The other time I didn't even get to play it because it was so dark.

18 is a great finishing hole, plenty of options off the tee and looking at the clubhouse in the background of your approach with people gathered and even non event people sitting in the chairs on the patio, such a perfect atmosphere.

This hole might give me some problems. My fade brings that water into play off the tee. Guess I'm aiming left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a great finishing hole. I think a three hybrid up the left side of the fairway will be the play, leaving only a short iron into the green (hopefully). Of course you don't want to be short of the green, but I've been long and that's no picnic either.

18 is a really fun hole. Also very challenging.

Definitely do not need to hit driver. It's a bit of a risk/reward shot based on your line. You'll see a flag directly ahead of you that shows where the water is. Main idea is to get as close as you can to the flag, because that gives you a shorter approach to the green.

I have a tendency to hook the tee shot to defend against the water. There's plenty of room to the left, even more than what you see from the tee. But you can have close to 200 into the green if you're really left.

It's a great finishing hole.

You can also have 200 yards into the green if your partner decides that he wants to pop up his fairway wood on the 36th hole of the day. That was my only competition experience on this hole, and hitting a hybrid into that green made my heart rate rise to about 160 or so.

Hopefully no one in the Legacy has to use it, but I think that there's a drop area to the left of the green if you go in the water on your approach shot. If you are debating whether to take on the carry or not after a subpar tee shot, that drop zone location makes it an easy choice: go for it.

Getting in a little Legacy prep w/ Cace tomorrow afternoon.

I'm walking 18 in the morning, so how I perform in the afternoon round should give me somewhat of an idea how good my endurance is.

I would probably hit three wood here hoping to leave less than a seven iron in for my partner.

9F5CE67E-FA09-4917-BEDA-A4948192B5B6.png_zps7grnzyag.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]
such a great finishing hole. Add in a little pressure and it has the makings of a fantastic way to define your THPLegacy!

Yes it is. I've taken 5 wood, 3 wood and hybrid off the tee here depending on the wind. Driver is too much unless perfectly placed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Getting in a little Legacy prep w/ Cace tomorrow afternoon.

I'm walking 18 in the morning, so how I perform in the afternoon round should give me somewhat of an idea how good my endurance is.
Great test for endurance, well done!

Except it's 65* and sunny here compared to 100* with 100% humidity in Myrtle Beach in July! :act-up:
More holes is more holes, especially for those who haven't tried 36 in one day!

Ok, after a considerable amount of time breaking the rules on over thinking, I have finally submitted my order. So here is WITB for my #THPLegacy.

I am right handed.

Driver - D200 10.5*, Aldila Tour Blue 65 Stiff, length is 45.5"
3wood - D200 15*, Aldila Tour Green 65 Stiff, standard length
Hybrid - D200 22*, MRC Kuro Kage Black 90 HY stiff, standard length
Irons - M3 irons, 4-PW, 1* flat, standard length
Wedges - FG Tour TC, all Tour Frosted, all 1* flat, all standard length
50-08 - traditional grind
54-10 - traditional grind

58-10 - tour grind

Putter - Windy City, 35"

Ball - FG Tour

~Rock

M3 irons? I like it, really good looking set of irons.

I loved the m3 irons when i hit them. Felt so natural.

~Rock

Back