paladinwife

Reaction score
Hi all!

I'm interested in starting a website/blog for golf wives. My thoughts are posts like "Top Golf Gifts for All Budgets," "Decoding the Masters for the Mrs." etc.

So my questions are:

1) Do you like this idea?
2) Do you think your wives/girlfriends would be interested?
3) Would you consider guest writing for something like this?

Thanks all. You guys are my go-to for golf and I know I'll get honest answers from you.

Oh, and I'm set up on twitter already if you want to follow. GolfWifeLife

I think it is a great idea. I would definitely recommend it to my wife.

#Team441 for the win in Legacy.

I think it's a good idea. Not sure my wife would read it regularly but would possible read for the top golf gifts. I think you could get a decent following for it with the right topics.

I think it is a great idea!

I'll write for it. I may not have a choice.

I think a golf site from the feminine viewpoint would be welcome and successful. But I think that you can't make it just about supporting your golfer partner, you also should try to have it be personal.

Sounds like a good idea. I doubt my wife will read as she is not a fan of golf at all. Look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Personal in what way?

I think a golf site from the feminine viewpoint would be welcome and successful. But I think that you can't make it just about supporting your golfer partner, you also should try to have it be personal.

Personal in what way?
I think you're on the right track with the blog section. So (for example) a section listing golf gifts in all price ranges would be useful, but it would be interesting to read stories of gift giving as well.

Ok, so more of personal touch to it. Like, the my experiences regarding the Morgan Cup. Or how I made Christmas special with golf things this year.

Yes exactly. I was heading out to the course a while ago and my wife said, "That golf shirt is really old and it looks bad, you should go out and get a new shirt." I told her that I'm really old and look bad too so I thought it matched.

A story could be built ariund an interaction like that, with some before and after pics with some style choices and what looks good together might make an interesting story. Along those lines anyway is what I was thinking.

I think it's a great idea... especially if I can get my wife hooked on the site... then she won't be able to give me a hard time about how much time I spend on THP...hahaha

I also think there would be some demand for some content to help women that actually want to play some...especially those looking for a way to spend more time with their husbands/sons....content geared toward casual, irregular women golfers..stuff for pure beginners about how to utilize different clubs, drills that could be made into games to compete with their more serious/experienced male family members, style articles, how to deal with the arrogant male buttheads who are either rude to them or constantly hitting on them, etc etc etc..

I say if you have the time to do it go for it....surely there's room for THP to have a little sister online..

I believe you can make your idea work. It also sounds like a fun experience for all involved.

I think it's a great idea... especially if I can get my wife hooked on the site... then she won't be able to give me a hard time about how much time I spend on THP...hahaha

I also think there would be some demand for some content to help women that actually want to play some...especially those looking for a way to spend more time with their husbands/sons....content geared toward casual, irregular women golfers..stuff for pure beginners about how to utilize different clubs, drills that could be made into games to compete with their more serious/experienced male family members, style articles, how to deal with the arrogant male buttheads who are either rude to them or constantly hitting on them, etc etc etc..

I say if you have the time to do it go for it....surely there's room for THP to have a little sister online..

Just to be clear, we applaud and root for Mrs Paladin in this endeavor, but being that THP is owned by a woman and does a lot with female and women's golf, this is not affiliated with THP.

Maybe I'm the odd man out. But honestly I'm not wanting my wife (who is a golfer) or anyone else buying things for me when it comes to equipment. It's something I'd rather not have done. Clothing is a different story. And when my wife does feel the need she knows exactly where to go and who to talk to here at THP. In fact THP has just about anything a golfer, or a consumer of golf product could ever want. Seem like like a redundancy in the making.

My wife enjoys playing golf as much as I do and I am quite sure that she would enjoy this very much.

Something that would help our wives enjoy golf more, maybe some easy drills to help her game, some writing about the LPGA maybe, would be very welcome I'd think. My wife plays some with me but certainly isn't as "into" it as I am. but that doesn't mean she doesn't wish she couldn't whale the ball a mile off the tee box! romantic golf destinations might be a good topic too. golf can be good for a marriage (or bad) - some writing about how to keep it over in the plus column would be good too!

Hi all!

I'm interested in starting a website/blog for golf wives. My thoughts are posts like "Top Golf Gifts for All Budgets," "Decoding the Masters for the Mrs." etc.

So my questions are:

1) Do you like this idea?
2) Do you think your wives/girlfriends would be interested?
3) Would you consider guest writing for something like this?

Thanks all. You guys are my go-to for golf and I know I'll get honest answers from you.

Oh, and I'm set up on twitter already if you want to follow. GolfWifeLife

Great idea- my wife knows nothing about golf, but she has embraced my enthusiasm for it and she LOVES to buy me golf-related stuff that I didn't even know I wanted or needed until I see it! I'll check it out on Twitter.

I think this is a great idea and something that my wife, who also plays, would enjoy. I'll pass it along!

This is a great idea! I'd read the posts.

Tap it in.....

Back