Will You Create Your Legacy - 2015 #THPLegacy Event

I'm an odd duck lol. I only use the irons for half swing or chip shots, the lie angle doesn't really come into play around the greens for me. Either that or I'm simple and don't know better. I'd say it's a 50/50 shot to be honest
I think you have a typo there otherwise you are weirder than I thought

I fixed it. If you stalked a little slower you wouldn't have seen it
Good thing it's quoted in my post so you still look silly.

Well after ignoring both rules on overthinking here is my final order;

J715 12* driver Fujikura Pro 63 stiff
3 wood RIP Alpla 70 regular
2 hybrid Tour Blue Regular
4 hybrid Tour Blue Regular +.5"
5-AW Cast KBS Tour Regular +.5" 1* upright
54* Black Oxide wedge +.5" 1* upright
56* Black Oxide wedge +.5" 1* upright
+2 wraps on all clubs

TD-02 Putter steel shaft +1.5" rubber grip

Ball Bridgestone 330-RX
You were crushing that 715!

Well after ignoring both rules on overthinking here is my final order;

J715 12* driver Fujikura Pro 63 stiff
3 wood RIP Alpla 70 regular
2 hybrid Tour Blue Regular
4 hybrid Tour Blue Regular +.5"
5-AW Cast KBS Tour Regular +.5" 1* upright
54* Black Oxide wedge +.5" 1* upright
56* Black Oxide wedge +.5" 1* upright
+2 wraps on all clubs

TD-02 Putter steel shaft +1.5" rubber grip

Ball Bridgestone 330-RX

i had a feeling the j15 cast were going to be the winners, knowing you were going to opt for the added forgiveness. I like this setup, if your game is on you will be one not to mess with.

i had a feeling the j15 cast were going to be the winners, knowing you were going to opt for the added forgiveness. I like this setup, if your game is on you will be one not to mess with.

That's the hope, after spending some time with all the sets these won out quite easily.

That's the hope, after spending some time with all the sets these won out quite easily.

Iirc we talked about these sat night in the room at Bstone u and you were excited about them at that point. Your other posts confirmed what I was thinking for you after the announcement that you got in. DPFs or Cast were at the top of the list. The driver and shaft combo is going to work well for you too.

I finalized my club and ball decision, yesterday. Really had fun with the equipment pondering. Thanks to THP, Wilson Staff, KBS, and Lamkin for the opportunity...

D200 9 deg, Aldila Tour Green stiff, 45"
D200 3 wood, Aldila Tour Green stiff, 43"
D200 3H, MRC Kuro Kage Black stiff, 40"
C100 5-GW, KBS C-Taper Lite stiff, standard lengths (38.5" 5 iron)
FG Tour Frost 50/08 Traditional Sole, KBS Custom Wedge stiff, 35.5"
FG Tour Frost 54/10 Traditional Sole, KBS Custom Wedge stiff, 35.5"
FG Tour Frost 58/10 Tour Sole, KBS Custom Wedge stiff, 35.5"
Infinite North Side 35"

Ball: FG Tour

D200 driver + Tour Green = sick combo. That's what I have in mine. You'll love it.

Love seeing all the bag set ups and it's nice to see everyone is a little different with set ups.

So here's what I settled on. Been fighting myself wanting the 8802 putter and went with the smarter choice:

Driver:
D200
10.5*
Aldila Tour Blue 65 Shaft
+2 wraps

Hybrid:
D200
17* w/ Aldila RIP Phenom 80
22* w/ Aldila RIP Phenom 80
+2 wraps on both

Irons:
FG Tour M3 4-GW
+1 inch long, 3* upright, +2 wraps

Wedges:
FG Tour TC Black
56* Traditional Grind
60* Traditional Grind
+2 wraps on both

Putter:
Infinite Grant Park 35'

Ball:
Wilson Staff DUO
More m3 irons. I like it!

~Rock

I walked 18 today in the highest humidity we've had this year in NW Arkansas, but it was only 80*. I know Myrtle Beach in July will be much hotter, but I won't be walking the course either.

Iirc we talked about these sat night in the room at Bstone u and you were excited about them at that point. Your other posts confirmed what I was thinking for you after the announcement that you got in. DPFs or Cast were at the top of the list. The driver and shaft combo is going to work well for you too.

I definitely feel more comfortable with the cast in hand, if we were getting the clubs before the event I may have been swayed towards the DPF's but I will take forgiveness when I can get it. It seems my teammates felt the same way as three of us went this route.

I definitely feel more comfortable with the cast in hand, if we were getting the clubs before the event I may have been swayed towards the DPF's but I will take forgiveness when I can get it. It seems my teammates felt the same way as three of us went this route.

Smart thinking.

The final push starts today!

Precisely why I went with the DFs instead of the CBs. I hit three balls with a CB 7 iron at PGA Superstore whereas I've played a couple of rounds with the 5 and 7 iron DFs in the bag. Maybe they'd perform the same...maybe not but I'm not taking that chance with only one range session and one practice round prior to competition in July.

Honestly, I'm beyond pumped to walk out on to that range in just a few short weeks and see those clubs waiting for us!
If you wanted, I could bring my DFs to Branson and let you use them for the round you're playing with us? Different shafts, but might give you a good feel for them anyway.

The final push starts today!

Where men become legends and legends create their Legacy.
The fitness, the diet, the work and the game all come together for the final push.

It's crazy to think that we are inside 60 days from tee time.

it's crazy to think my wife thinks I've gone overboard to date...she has no idea what is in store for the next 2 months...

Last edited:
I can really feel things starting to come around. I am knocking on the door, and feel like I might kick it in soon.

I have a few questions for all the participants. At the very least I have asked my team to answer these questions in here. What changes have you seen in the following parts of your game/life?

Weight Loss /fitness
Swing changes and progression
Handicap Index changes

Periodically as we are leading up to the event I will ask this question again to see what kind of progress people are making. People may think I am crazy for putting my teams business out there but they way I see it, once we get to Myrtle Beach there is no hiding. There is no time to wish you would have done more. Now is the time to do the work and if a little extra push is needed I would love for that to come from the forum because after all this is a THP event and I want the forum as involved as possible.

I have a few questions for all the participants. At the very least I have asked my team to answer these questions in here. What changes have you seen in the following parts of your game/life?

Weight Loss /fitness
Handicap Index changes

Periodically as we are leading up to the event I will ask this question again to see what kind of progress people are making. People may think I am crazy for putting my teams business out there but they way I see it, once we get to Myrtle Beach there is no hiding. There is no time to wish you would have done more. Now is the time to do the work and if a little extra push is needed I would love for that to come from the forum because after all this is a THP event and I want the forum as involved as possible.

Weight Loss /fitness - 16lbs to date, mostly from Nutrisystem, but got back into my gym motion in the last week again and think I'll be down 30 by the time Legacy comes around. Course I haven't gotten on a scale since last Friday and I'm sure the hamburgers and beer this weekend haven't helped matters :)

Swing changes and progression - midway through a 7 lesson package, and while I asked him not to completely tear me apart but rather tweak to specifically get me ready for this, I do know my takeaway is alot lower, shoulder turn is much greater, as well as a much slower backswing.

Handicap Index changes
- honestly not a giant change which has been disappointing, since I feel like I'm hitting better shots than I ever have. When I got into the Legacy I hadn't played in 2015 yet I don't think, and my carry over handicap was 19.9 from last year. I think my official is currently 19.5 and I would suspect that i'll be in the 18's for the Legacy. But I'm focusing on the part now that is really costing me on strokes, and that is putting. I feel like I may have turned a corner this weekend however. This will not be a weakness for me in July...even if I have to swap the range (fun) and hit the putting green (not fun) instead between now and Myrtle.

Weight Loss /fitness
Handicap Index changes

Weight Loss/fitness-
I have loss 15 lbs and hope for 10 more by the time I get to MB.

Swing changes and progression-
I have changed to a more compact and shorter swing. I'm also focusing on maintaining my grip at the top of my swing, and through the impact zone posting up on my left leg to create a better hip turn. Finally, working on a full extension down the line. I have worked with flighting the ball down and controlling the spin in my wedge game; as well as working on putting and chipping drills.

Handicap index change-
From the start, HC climbed to about a 9.2 which I expected with my swing changes, but has leveled off and should be dropping with these last two months.

My biggest focus so far is the mental aspects that comes with playing golf.

Weight Loss /fitness
Handicap Index changes

Weight loss has been good. Early on I dropped a lot (maybe 20-25), and the loss slowed down for most of April. In May I am down a few more, and starting to up the intensity. I will definitely be down a waist size from where I am now by Legacy. There is a point of diminishing returns with diet and there is a point of diminishing returns with exercise. It has been interesting to try to find the sweet spot for each. I find that when it comes to weight loss, diet is more important than exercise (especially cardio) for me. I am now planning most of my meals well in advance, which is sort of boring, but what I need.

Swing change has been really tough. There are times when the swing thoughts take over your mind, even after a lot of reps, and it's hard to get things going. I recently played with MWard and he really helped me. I was clouding up my mind with swing thoughts, and he sort of slapped me upside the head and told me "There's the hole, hit the ball as close to it as you can." It was a sort of wake up call I needed. I had put in the reps, and my mind was trying to micro-manage my body, making everything worse. I immediately started playing better. I am also hitting my irons a full club longer right now. Things aren't perfect, but they are getting better. The biggest thing has been my comfort around the greens. 80%-90% of my practice time has been spent around greens. My chipping and putting are worlds better than they were in January, particularly on faster/harder greens.

My handicap was pretty much stuck at 10.9 forever. That's primarily because I wasn't posting scores very often last year. Most of my recreational golf involves shambles and scrambles, so I rarely dealt with the consequences of trying to hit a drive too far, etc. In March I started playing my own ball more often, and I went up over 11. Since then, I have dipped back down to a 10.7, and according to GHIN, my "trend" (whatever that means) is 9.6, which I assume means my handicap will soon be in single digits for the first time since I have kept an official handicap, depending on my performance Saturday at Love is in the Air. I am really excited about where things are going. I am still prone to the occasional blow up hole, but I feel like I am so much better at dealing with adversity on the course now. Being confident around the greens makes everything so much easier. My goal coming in was to get down to an 8. I don't know if I will make it, but it won't be for a lack of trying.

Weight Loss /fitness - 16lbs to date, mostly from Nutrisystem, but got back into my gym motion in the last week again and think I'll be down 30 by the time Legacy comes around.
Weight Loss / Fitness
I'm down 20 lbs from January 1st of this year.
Weight Loss/fitness-
I have loss 15 lbs and hope for 10 more by the time I get to MB.
Weight loss has been good. Early on I dropped a lot, and the loss slowed down for most of April. In May I am down a few more, and starting to up the intensity. I will definitely be down a waist size from where I am now by Legacy.
Golf game aside, this is all something to be very proud of. Well done dudes.

Man there is some fantastic stuff taking place. I promise you what you put in, you will get out come Sunday.

Back