What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A big bloody number. No, I don't want to talk about it. :alien:

Good thing the course was beautiful (if unplayable in the wind) and the company was excellent!

Hope there's some pics to follow up.

The wife and I are playing a 2 day couples tourney. Yesterday's Chapman format was a struggle for us and we shot a 91. ugh.
Today is a scramble, so we'll see how that goes.

Congratulations Tyler on going low man!

Threw up another 89 yesterday. Poor decisions from the fairway coupled with bad swings cost me. Tee game was o.k. With the exception of this one par 5. Lip-out on 18 kept me from finishing birdie, birdie, so it really could have been much worse. There were these two snowmen see........

JM

Got out for 9 this morning, shot a 45
Everything wasn't perfect, but playable.

15 putts was a nice surprise.
Need to hit more greens if I am going to putt like that!

Dude your improvement from last year at this time to this year is awesome stuff

Congrats Tyler. That's a hell of a round man.

Shot a 90 (45-45) at Flanders Valley Gold-Red. That's a PB for me! Choked on a 3-footer for birdie on 18, so I almost broke 90 for the first time!

Shot a PB 85 (41-44) walking putterham meadows in Brookline this morning. Had one really bad hole but I can't complain.

Last edited:
Playing renwood today watched the Prince shoot 33 on the front with 2 bogies bad storm rolled in and he finished with 73. I shot 44 and 42 and was hoping for better but starting to hit the ball much better

I had nothing going for me...my irons sucked, and my driver was inconsistent.

I've spent a lot of time working on short game, and I ended up with a 46+44/90.

That at would have been a horrendous round of golf...but my short game totally saved me.

Its a much more enjoyable way to play golf. You can screw up your tee shot, or a long iron, and you feel confident that you can make it up on or around the green.

73..... 33, 40. Very wet(forgot my umbrella) and windy back nine. Feeling good about how I'm striking the ball though.

82 today. 40-42. first decent round for a while. Putter was on fire. :banana:

A sideways 8 is the symbol for infinity. Which is a few shots under the final score for my round today.
This game can be frustrating sometimes.

43-42 very solid ball striking but the putter was cold, burned edges and lip outs all morning.

A frustrating 95 (50/45). I've suddenly developed a pull hook as my miss. Way too many blowup holes including 4 triples and a quad. Only good thing was my putting, had 8 1-putts and 29 for the round.

Shot an 88(44/44). With no mulligans. Two triple boogies and not a single birdie.

So if I had shot my usual 2 birdies per round and nothing but boogies it would have been a spectacular round.

Of course I burned the cup and horse shoed 4 putts which could easily have been birdies. But except for the driver my game was running full tilt.

Keep my head down and just waited for my scoring chance to play aggressive and avoid the big numbers.

The par train can be a little bit boring but the results speak for themselves.

I'm playing some solid golf right now. 41/38 - 79. I didn't do anything particularly well, I just didn't find myself in a lot of trouble. Driving it ok, but missed a few more times than normal and then after smoking a 3H on the toughest hole on the course, I topped my PW to a tough spot and flew my wedge OB to take a 6. Also double hit a wedge on 3 after a solid drive and ok approach. Putted it really well today, too. My game is right where I want it to be. I want my average score to be right around 80 and if I keep working, I know it will head that way.

Srih5I6.png

I shot 40/43 for an 83. I made a couple of stupid decisions that cost me strokes on the back, but played well otherwise.

The 40 was a PB on the front 9.

39/46 at riverdale. Good times but now I'm tired. I'm reminded why I don't walk lol

Temps over 90 + high humidity + south GA gnats + consuming a reasonable amount of beer the night before + walking the course = the return of my golf game. 1 better than yesterday with a 35 - 37 - 72 (E). 3 birdies, 3 bogeys and a bunch of pars.

46/41 for 87. Will ESC to 86. The same course I played yesterday. Somewhat better results, especially on the back nine. Hope that 41 is a sign of my iron game starting to return.

9 FWY, 8 GIR, 36 putts (two 3-putts, one 4-putt), 2 penalty strokes.
7 pars, 8 bogeys, 2 doubles, 1 triple.

Consistent 84 again. Really hoped some of the short birdie putts would drop. Feeling solid but not scoring still.

Holy sh*t i seriously don't wanna talk about it. Crazy bad ball striking for me today

No even sure as we were rained out half way through the 8th hole, but if i continued shooting the way I was, Horrible probably upper 50's

43/39 for a 82
Hit nothing but xhot 3 wood off the tee on the back and the putter was en fuego.
75 foot birdie putt I drained (then 3 jacked for double ).
Ended with 3 straight 1 putts including a 15 footer down hill for par and to break 40.
Still lots of toe balls but I clubbed up and would still hit greens.

Oh and the xhot hybos are awesome

Damn Mike! Nice!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back