70° at noon today and no humidity. Perfect picnic weather for lunchtime on the driveway.

1ae7a865266aceec394dc18ea0a3a18e.jpg

Someone had a long day.
691624f15f4f7dcfcb6f1a0983f80335.jpg

I had a horrible experience with Parents Choice blowing up and the beads being all over the place so never went back after the free pack from the shower before he was born. Huggies for us has been the best value/quality. We started with the up and up and they worked well but didnt hold him overnight. Huggies you get a solid diaper, havent had any rashes yet, and more in a pack than pampers. Also is your son teething? I know diaper rash is common when teething.
We had similar issues. Surprisingly for our 2 boys, luvs have performed the best and no rashes. My youngest leaks through huggies and pampers like he wasn't wearing a diaper at night.

I have been talked into putting up the trampoline today. I was hoping to put it off another year til the kids got older but they were on one at their cousins' house and have not stopped bugging me since. Thanks Mom for letting them know it was in the shed.

I have been talked into putting up the trampoline today. I was hoping to put it off another year til the kids got older but they were on one at their cousins' house and have not stopped bugging me since. Thanks Mom for letting them know it was in the shed.
We've got one of those mini ones with the net around it. Thanks to my oldest sons god mother... We live in a small town house currently with no yard so there's no where to put it. Hoping once we get in to a bigger place later this year I'll actually be able to put it together.

We've got one of those mini ones with the net around it. Thanks to my oldest sons god mother... We live in a small town house currently with no yard so there's no where to put it. Hoping once we get in to a bigger place later this year I'll actually be able to put it together.
Consider yourself lucky. Putting this thing up was a monumental PITA. This thing will stay up until it falls down and then to the curb. On top of that my forearms and hands have gone into cramps and I think I pulled a stomach muscle. I'm going to feel this over the next couple days.

Consider yourself lucky. Putting this thing up was a monumental PITA. This thing will stay up until it falls down and then to the curb. On top of that my forearms and hands have gone into cramps and I think I pulled a stomach muscle. I'm going to feel this over the next couple days.

Not to mention your home owners insurance going up if they realize you have a trampoline in your yard.

Not to mention your home owners insurance going up if they realize you have a trampoline in your yard.
Yikes! Didn't even think of that...thanks :)

It's all worth it though :)

Not just that, but you may need to look into an umbrella policy to cover injuries to any guests. Because of our pool and trampoline we need to have that.

def22421314c435ae811b16241182cb1.jpg

He's already so good with chipping. Once he can start consistently hit irons... look out! Had a blast out there with him today, the pro he took lessons from last summer was working today and he was thrilled to hear he's signed up for lessons again.

Plus, he found two balls (a DT Solo and a Srixon) so as far as he's concerned, best round ever :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After having my kids in daycare for the past 8 mo i am realizing how many nasty bugs are out there i have been sick more times this year than i was in the past 10 combine

After having my kids in daycare for the past 8 mo i am realizing how many nasty bugs are out there i have been sick more times this year than i was in the past 10 combine
That might get a but better as their immune systems build up. I'm about to have my 3rd under 4 so I know all about the daycare bugs. Thank good I get 2 weeks vacation and 2 weeks sick time.

That might get a but better as their immune systems build up. I'm about to have my 3rd under 4 so I know all about the daycare bugs. Thank good I get 2 weeks vacation and 2 weeks sick time.

My Twins seem to bring every thing home

Read an article a few days ago that said that even though kids in daycare bring home a lot of stuff, it may actually keep their immune systems busy enough that they have less of a chance for other more serious diseases, like Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL). Once I read this, I decided to stop all my grousing about having to stay home another day with him because he picked something up again.

http://news.sciencemag.org/biology/2015/05/study-may-explain-mysterious-cancer-day-care-connection

It has been a rough patch with the kids. Just as one is finishing up being grounded today the other one gets themselves grounded starting today.

And just like that, Kindergarten is over. I sent him to school in a cap and gown today just for Smalls :D

Successful year educationally speaking, not to mention socially. Amazing what those little brains can do in a short time.

And just like that, Kindergarten is over. I sent him to school in a cap and gown today just for Smalls :D

Successful year educationally speaking, not to mention socially. Amazing what those little brains can do in a short time.

Dude it's crazy to think how much they grow in a year. Now the mad scramble to keep them occupied for the summer. With both of us working it's a challenge.

Dude it's crazy to think how much they grow in a year. Now the mad scramble to keep them occupied for the summer. With both of us working it's a challenge.

We're sending him to a day camp. All kinds of field trips and a bunch of new kids to meet. He's pretty excited, though I did sense some first-day nervousness, which is normal of course. I'm glad to get him away from his normal friends for awhile. Classes in his school are really small, so more people will broaden his horizons a bit. Plus, I hope he'll find a new girl to chase around. He's trying to get monogamous at age 5 lol. No need for that for a couple decades.

We're sending him to a day camp. All kinds of field trips and a bunch of new kids to meet. He's pretty excited, though I did sense some first-day nervousness, which is normal of course. I'm glad to get him away from his normal friends for awhile. Classes in his school are really small, so more people will broaden his horizons a bit. Plus, I hope he'll find a new girl to chase around. He's trying to get monogamous at age 5 lol. No need for that for a couple decades.

We are one year shy of that (she's 5 & have to be 6), but that's what we wanted. Looks like some creative scheduling between mom and me. We'll also put her in a 3week dance class.

We are one year shy of that (she's 5 & have to be 6), but that's what we wanted. Looks like some creative scheduling between mom and me. We'll also put her in a 3week dance class.

You'll find a way I'm sure - we always do!

I think I look back at summer and remember all these fun memories that I want to give to him, but then I remember I was probably 4-5 years older than him at the time. Of course now it's borderline illegal to let kids have fun or do things independently.

Ain't that the truth. Of course mom was home and I could hop on my bike early, hang out all day, grab a sandwich at a friends house, drink from a water hose, & make it home safely.

No way our kids can do that and it's a shame

Ain't that the truth. Of course mom was home and I could hop on my bike early, hang out all day, grab a sandwich at a friends house, drink from a water hose, & make it home safely.

No way our kids can do that and it's a shame

It depends on where you are I think.

In my case, I was home alone before/after school in 2nd grade and not long after I stayed home during the summer. However, in IL there's an actual latch-key kid law that limits that to kids over the age of 13 or something, which is pretty ridiculous. Most other states are nowhere near as severe or unreasonable though.

Statistics show we live in a much safer time than when we were kids, but media convinces us that there's a serial killer behind every swingset. I wonder how a generation of children that can't make their own decisions and can't learn to negotiate the world around them will succeed.

I completely agree. I walked to school alone in elementary (about 8 blocks), had my key bc mom worked two jobs. It's crazy to think my daughter could do that now.

I think as they get older we'll let the "leash" get longer and longer, but with girls I'm just overly protective. It's a dad thing I'm sure, but with a boy he would have more independence

Back