fastbasser

Reaction score
Handicap
Which of the grip solvents set up a little slower? Doing things my way, I need a little more time to get them straight..

Thanks in advance.

If you put enough on it shouldn't be a concern. Just soak everything.

Mineral Spirits always works for me, gives you a 5-10 mins to twist the grip around. Def. use more than too little.

I use golf works I think. Definitely use plenty. I have no issues adjusting grip for 5 minutes after it is on (never tried to adjust after that, may be able to). Definitely use a lot. Just soak that tape down, then soak the inside of the grip.

I use just a cheap dollar store plastic container to catch the run off of solvent so I can re-use it. Knowing that, I never try to be stingy with the solvent.

~Rock

Thanks guys.

I'm fussy about setting my grips, too. And I never use the toxic solvent either; like Hawk said I just soak the grip and tape, slide the grip on and tweak and tweak. If the grip is wet, plenty of time to set things right.

Mineral spirits always seems to work best for me, too, but I have recently just started spraying WD-40 as I am out of other solvents... works good too.

I use Ronson lighter fluid...works fine for me.

I've used WD-40 for the last 15 years. No problems.

Jack

Wd-40 is all I use anymore. let it set over night and its great.

I use golf works I think. Definitely use plenty. I have no issues adjusting grip for 5 minutes after it is on (never tried to adjust after that, may be able to). Definitely use a lot. Just soak that tape down, then soak the inside of the grip.

I use just a cheap dollar store plastic container to catch the run off of solvent so I can re-use it. Knowing that, I never try to be stingy with the solvent.

~Rock

Whenever I re-gripped, I put the solvent inside the grip first, and then poured it out on the tape.

I'm a fan of lighter fluid.

Another vote for lighter fluid. Been using it for years.

I know it's not available to everyone but since I've started doing grips, the air compressor and the pure grips air gun is so damn convenient.

I used a bit of petrol to put mine on. Worked awesome.

I use Charcoal Lighter Fluid. The cheapest, usually store brand. Used it for years.

I use lighter fluid too.

Whenever I re-gripped, I put the solvent inside the grip first, and then poured it out on the tape.
That is how I learned to do it too. Some grips take a second "soaking." I installed a superstroke "long" grip on one of my putters and it took a couple of soaks to get it to slide on easily.

Mineral Spirits works great for me. Gives me plenty of time to get the grip just right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got some grip solvent from golf works. I catch the excess in a container and reuse, one bottle has lasted a long time. Gives you a good while go adjust your grips just soak everything and inside the grip

I use air, alignment is never a problem.

I have become a big fan of charcoal lighter fluid.

I had a problem with grip solvent in the past and I am wondering if anybody else has experienced this... although the grips played correctly and never slipped, when I removed them a few months later to try another style it was like the solvent/adhesive never dried...the tape was still very gooey, impossible to remove by peeling, and the extra tape stuffed into the end of the shaft was still very soft and wet feeling. That was when I switched to lighter fluid instead of grip solvent. Wondering if I just had a bad batch of solvent or if this is a common problem.

Back