What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

I played both rounds this weekend with Wilson Duos. We had cool, windy weather yesterday and a warmer, less breezy day today. I haven't noticed a difference with it compared to my usual TM TP Red LDP. It feels good when I'm chipping around the greens and putting. I'm not a big spinner and it gives me the roll that I expect.

I switched between prov1x and Wilson Duo yesterday. The prov's were a gift but really liked how they performed. They felt nice with the woods at impact and it was easy to know their speed on putts. The Duo was also nice. Maybe a little hotter off the face. A little more spin than the x, I think. I likes both though and at the bargain I see the Duo (2014) at, I may be hanging with those for a while.
I felt the Duo jumped off the club face a little more than the ProV1x, but the Duo did not spin nearly as much as the ProV1x.
I saw the Duo on sale at Walmart for $10. It took all I had not to clean them out of that ball.

I felt the Duo jumped off the club face a little more than the ProV1x, but the Duo did not spin nearly as much as the ProV1x.
I saw the Duo on sale at Walmart for $10. It took all I had not to clean them out of that ball.

I noticed the jumping off the face with putting most notably. It reminded me of the Supersoft in that respect. For the price, it's the best ball out there, but at some point I'll be splurging for the ProV1x.

Taylormade TP3. Great durability and nice spin. Not to outrageous but the right amount u know. I grabbed 48 balls fro Lostgolfballs.com for 28 bucks. Awesome deal

Callaway Supersoft. Performs great, and can't be beat at $21 per dozen!

2015 Pro V1, still by far the best Pro V I've played.

2015 Pro V1, still by far the best Pro V I've played.
I'm intrigued by the X model this year, to be honest. My 1 gripe has always been price and lack of discounts unless stocking up. But, I may have to splurge one time.

As for me, Callaway Chrome Soft lead to my first under par round ever. Durability, distance off the tee and irons, spin and feel around and on the greens. I really can't ask for much more than what it has given me at the price point.

Pro V1x. Long & straight off the tee. Exceptional distance control with hybrids, long, medium, short irons and wedges. Perfectly click off the putter. And rolled like a pearl.

And did I almost forget to mention the one hops and stop chipping action.

Worth every penny in sliver or gold.

Chrome Soft. My opinion is changing for the better. I still think I prefer my SR2s though.

Bridgestone e6 - lost a little distance vs pro v1s - but hit the ball a lot straighter. It may have been a lesson and a swing thought, but it will be hard for me to switch up from the e6 until I find something I like more. I love the arrow look on the tee. I did seem to loose a little feel with it but not missing a fairway with the driver all day is worth it's weight in gold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I played the e6 again this weekend and still love it. A good go to ball. I spun 1 or 2 back which was surprising

Played a 330 rx and a prov1 I found on course. I like the prov1 quite a bit more then then stone. Prov1 was straighter off the tee for me and the distance off the driver was a bit farther. Just wish they were not 47 bucks because I really like that ball.

Bridgestone e6. Once again just solid.

Ball played particularly well in the wind and good around the greens.

New z-star, what a great ball. Really windy day and the ball just performs beautifully in the wind, holds its line so well!

Good distance of the tee, soft feel of all the irons and initial thoughts on the coin skin and durability are very positive. Lovely feel off the putter too! A real contender for the bag on a full time basis!

forgot to get some more balls today, and lost the last couple of laddies that I had because the course was more of a swamp today, so I played the last 5 holes with a prov1x. I think I forgot how much I like the Prov's, I played the last 5 holes under par. I lose some distance with them, but I always seem to play better with them too.

First time today playing the Wilson Duo. Really enjoyed it around the greens. But for most of the round I stuck with the TM project(a)

First time today playing the Wilson Duo. Really enjoyed it around the greens. But for most of the round I stuck with the TM project(a)

I just bought a dozen of the Project(a). Is there anything about them you like in particular?

I just bought a dozen of the Project(a). Is there anything about them you like in particular?

Yes I really enjoy the feel off irons, wedges and putter. Really responsive off the greens and soft feel off irons. Don't hit the driver as much as I do my wedges and irons so I can't comment too much there but the ball flight is good off the face

Yes I really enjoy the feel off irons, wedges and putter. Really responsive off the greens and soft feel off irons. Don't hit the driver as much as I do my wedges and irons so I can't comment too much there but the ball flight is good off the face

Thanks! I'm looking forward to putting them into play tomorrow.

On my pro's rec I've played the last few round with the chrome soft and you can color me impressed! Good off the driver, great around the greens! 80, 79 over 36 super windy holes today. This ball will be sticking in my bag.

14 pro v1x

Great ball but can't help me from being terrible.

Live the cover durability on these balls .

I played the B330-RXS today. I loved it off the tee. I found it to be a little shorter with my wedges on approaches. I didn't really have many partial wedges from the fairway, short game shots were in thick rough, so I couldn't get much spin on the ball anyway.

Hopkins tour ball, very straight ball for me, somewhat on tje higher launching scale. Spin was around average for a soft ball, checking up well and putt was true with great roll. I may need to test these again in consistant case conditions.

Been playing both the Z star SL and various XV I got in a used combo pack. They are great balls, but maybe not the most durable tour level ball I often notice that the cover peels in quite big chunks after I hit a wedge, definitely not as durable as other tour balls I have tried, but I got them cheap so I shouldn't complain.

Back