Wilson FG Tour F5 Driver Preview

Will be interested to see what color combo they go with. Seems like a pretty compact look. I do hope that they've improved the sound and the oversized hosel.
I'm just going to start quoting you in these threads and saying 'ditto', because.... Ditto.

Love seeing new Wilson gear. Will be curious to see if I can get to hit this. Looks pretty streamlined.

It'll be interesting to see how this one compares to the m3 very similar styling.

I hope color is different from m3. They were close with that one but D200 is for real. We will see about this bat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's to hoping these are the weapon of choice for Personal Distance.

looks interesting, very Srixon 745ish which isn't a bad thing at all.

I wonder what a fly on the wall would think about this.

(I sure hope I'm associating the right OEM with the right event)

The face on this thing looks DEEP! I'll have my eyes on this one when it comes out for sure.

Cg low and forward?

~Rock

Very interesting. Will keep my eyes open for more info on this, for sure.

Is Streelman gaming it at the Memorial? He was seen testing it out there.

He's killing the driving accuracy stat (92.86%) with with whatever he's playing.

He's worked his way into 5th, so I hope he gets some air time so we can see what he's gaming.

I want to hit it.

Will be interested to see what color combo they go with. Seems like a pretty compact look. I do hope that they've improved the sound and the oversized hosel.
Exactly. That M3 sound, woof.

Pretty sure one of the key items to incorporate into the new design was to fix the sound. At least that's what I heard. If they didn't fix that I'd question what they're up to.

I agree. Wilson is not big enough to ever stop listening to the customer. The President of the brand said it was too loud and that it cost them momentum.Look for this to be good I imagine.When a brand gets on a roll suppliers suddenly want to have their materials on winning product.
Pretty sure one of the key items to incorporate into the new design was to fix the sound. At least that's what I heard. If they didn't fix that I'd question what they're up to.

I agree. Wilson is not big enough to ever stop listening to the customer. The President of the brand said it was too loud and that it cost them momentum.Look for this to be good I imagine.When a brand gets on a roll suppliers suddenly want to have their materials on winning product.

Funny thing is beside the sound I believe the m3 was a good product (aside from the gigantic hosel/adaptor). All the guys from Wilson were playing it at personal distance if I recall correctly.

I can't imagine Vrska wanted that huge adaptor.He knows materials as well as anyone.May have been what they had to use to hit the price they wanted.I think they carry more clout these days with their own buzz and a slower club market in general.
Funny thing is beside the sound I believe the m3 was a good product (aside from the gigantic hosel/adaptor). All the guys from Wilson were playing it at personal distance if I recall correctly.

It was huge man. Very out of place looking. Has to add considerable weight to that part of the club.

I thought the hosel was particularly bad on the hybrids

It was atrocious, especially for such a tiny head.

Yes. Now the D200 is a completely different story. One of my favorite looking hybrids. Hopefully there is an F5 line of fairway woods/hybrids

I haven't been bothered by the size of the tip. I thought the phenom shaft being black at the bottom hid it well. Mind you I was expecting something far larger. It is big but to each their own.

Is this a low forward design. If so I will proceed with caution.

Low and Forward is a non starter for me unless it comes in 14 or 16 degree lofts.
Luckily there is a D200 available for dummies like me!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Back