The Official Tiger Woods Thread

Yes just because with nobilo's assistant capt selections he has been more in the current game than the old generations games that Begay, chamblee experienced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now I'm old. Chamblee and Begay were both more relevant (as relevant as they were) on tour more recently than Nobilo.

Now I'm old. Chamblee and Begay were both more relevant (as relevant as they were) on tour more recently than Nobilo.

Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think because I like the underdog I have always been more of a Norman and Phil guy. Also I just can't stand Nike.That is a professional bias.
But now I just feel sorry for Tiger. I would not wish what is going on in his golf to anyone. Heck my swing is off just a bit and I freak out. This is sad.
It does not excuse what he did to his family. I hate that for them. I hope he has at least one more highlight in his career.He simply did things others have been unable to do.i respect what he did in golf and a lot of the charitable things he has done with his fame.

A 74 for Tiger today. I wonder if he'll post the good news in the "Trying to Break 80" thread.

I've thought for some time now that Nicklaus' major record was safe. This seems to confirm that. At first I wanted Tiger to break it but after all his personal issues I really was hoping he wouldn't.

Tiger could break his own record in two weeks at the US Open the way he's playing. 95 perhaps?

I'm willing to give him a while #superfan. No one know truly how long it will take to de-foleyize him.

That said, he's awful right now

:arrogant:

When does he get so frustrated that he just retires. I don't see how any pro can go through this for 2 years and not think about it

I wonder when tiger's ego gives in and he calls butch or hank.

It will most likely never happen. And that's a shame.

If Tiger hits it off the tee at the open like he did at the memorial?? What will his scores be like?

I wonder when tiger's ego gives in and he calls butch or hank.

It will most likely never happen. And that's a shame.
I want to amend this, I hope Tiger calls Freddie Kong.

I played on Friday and shot a lower score than Tiger did the same day.

I can quit golf now.
20 years from now, I'm looking forward to retelling that story as: "I beat Tiger in a round of golf back in the summer of '15"

When does he get so frustrated that he just retires. I don't see how any pro can go through this for 2 years and not think about it

especially when you've got the $ he's got... he's not playing to put food on the table. he's playing to WIN, to experience the joy of being the best. whether you love him or hate him there's no doubt he's a LONG way from winning anything.

imo, if he doesn't get dramatically better soon he'll cite health reasons and retire. "My body just doesn't allow me to do what I want to do and when you're as competitive as I am it's no fun shooting 85... I've decided it would be best for me and my family if I stepped away from golf. I'm going to devote myself to my kids and my foundation... BLAH BLAH BLAH."

I have no ill will towards TW, I used to be a big fan. My personal take is that he needs to play like a 39 year old guy. Hit the fairway, don't concern yourself with distance, and simply take a longer shot to the green. Heck, he'd probably be able to put together some nice rounds if all the did was play to his age.

I may, of course, be totally wrong.

Like some whom have mentioned here...Tiger NEEDS to get back with Butch. He's had success with him. Swallow the pride, bury the hatchet and get it done. Jack didn't change his swing when he won all those majors.

Tiger has had a lot of drama in his life. He needs to go back to the old swing and get back on track.

Like some whom have mentioned here...Tiger NEEDS to get back with Butch. He's had success with him. Swallow the pride, bury the hatchet and get it done. Jack didn't change his swing when he won all those majors.

Tiger has had a lot of drama in his life. He needs to go back to the old swing and get back on track.

Honest question. Why Butch over Hank? I thought his game was better with Hank. But it's clearly good no matter which of the 2.

Honest question. Why Butch over Hank? I thought his game was better with Hank. But it's clearly good no matter which of the 2.
Because he said he can't do the Haney swing? I'm genuinely curious as wwell.

Was Butch a renowned coach before Tiger?

Because he said he can't do the Haney swing? I'm genuinely curious as wwell.

hasn't he said he couldn't do the Butch swing too? Honestly I don't know what the man can or can't do anymore.

hasn't he said he couldn't do the Butch swing too? Honestly I don't know what the man can or can't do anymore.
You might be right about that.

At this point, TW should be clicking on the "Buy now" button at Moe Norman's Natural Golf website.

What's interesting to me, when I look at the plethora of Butch's students on tour, their swings don't look the same. Hardly at all actually.

Back