The Official Tiger Woods Thread

He has gone past retirement now. Now is the era of embarassment

His prime time to retire came after his last major. He could've left on top and been known for all of his heroics on the course. Now if he retires it will be from just bad bad golf

The Official Tiger Woods Thread

I fail to see the relevance of today's round other than a pro golfer shot 85. I honestly could careless what a specific golfer shot because as a fan of good golf, I've lost interest. While great golf happens once in a while (recent Masters comes to mind), I would much rather watch good golf week in and week out and be interested in golf on TV again than wait for the next great round to come about having to endure crap that is golf on TV now. Tiger woods, for me, is just another golfer that teed it up this week. The constant need to see if "he will return to form" is beyond entertaining now. One reason I hate watching Golf Channel for any tourney he's entered. I watch for golf action or highlights, not to hear a retired golfer who had hand surgery or won 1 event and couldn't regain his form try and work out verbally the problems facing a golfer. Only analyst I truly respect is David Duval

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OelVq.gif

GFXNmTa.gif

I don't like him but I feel bad seeing him at this level. I like greatness, which means it sucks seeing greatness spoiled. Tiger shooting 85 and/ or skulling pitch shots is like seeing a Jordan that can't make a layup or a Jeter who can't throw to first. It is sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you guys ever think he will sit down with Ohpra and confess to using steroids? I mean eventually we are going to get proof of the juicing. I think this is ehat has lea to the breakdown of the body and mind. But also what was responsible for the years of domination.

He needs to play like a forty year old. Am I the only one that thinks he looks like he's overswinging 90% of the time? Also, his confidence is zip right now. It's obvious that there's tension on a lot of shots.

Anybody else think he goes out and fires an under par round today?

I'm wondering if he will be firing an under 80 round today :alien:

Nothing to lose at this point. I tend to be doubtful that he can play worse than yesterday so it wouldn't shock me if he was somehow able to play a bit more loose and carefree and post a decent number.

To be fair, I don't agree with the rest of his comment but I do agree that he's never had a perfect swing. Then again, what IS a perfect swing? Not sure anyone has one. Closest I've seen is Adam Scott. Basically robotic.

What tiger did better than anyone was basically the scoring factor of simply knowing how to score, and the fact that he was more physically powerful than basically anyone. He over powered the field and putted out of his mind. He had creativity and the skill to pull it off. But every time I watched him I definitely thought to myself that he was eventually going to wear his body out with how hard he always swung. It looks like that's started to happen now. No doubt he was the best player in that 10 year or so span, but there are others that have better swings that weren't anywhere close to as successful. Golf is so much more than the swing, and Tiger had basically all of it. But now that his body isn't as effective, his mind and confidence is going out of it too and that's why he's struggling.
Not for nothing but adam Scott swing is a carbon copy of TW 1999 swing. He learn by mimicking TW. Sure it's become his own and he doesn't get stuck the way TW does, old habits die hard. But make no mistake, when TW was crushing the tour, the swing was perfect but all teaching standards.

That score yesterday was as much about his process as it was his beaten psychological state. He played fast and with out thought most of the round. It was annoying to watch.

A couple teaching buddies of mine are giving this current process plenty of room. They think he will figure it out and get back on track. I hope they are right for his sake. If he does get on track it will only be fun to watch if he is going head to head with one of the new players on the block.

Wouldn't surprise me it'll be like a practice round, isn't he going off by himself this morning?

I hope he does but man he just looks beat up.

I grew up watching Tiger Woods dominate golf and to me watching golf just isn't the same. I enjoy watching Spieth, McElroy, Scott, etc. but none of these guys show the emotion Tiger did. I like that Tiger shows emotion on the course, makes him seem more like a regular joe, because who doesn't cuss up a storm when they hit a ball OB. Most of the guys on tour don't show any emotion so it is harder to relate to them or enjoy watching them, in my opinion.

He will be a good 30 for 30 special one day. The Downfall of Tiger they'll call it. He's got to admit to the roids first so they can include it in the story. We are probably 10 years off or so.

Do you guys ever think he will sit down with Ohpra and confess to using steroids? I mean eventually we are going to get proof of the juicing. I think this is ehat has lea to the breakdown of the body and mind. But also what was responsible for the years of domination.

I've never bought into this theory. Rory has bulked up a ton, but folks don't accuse him of steroid use as far as I know. Tiger was having knee issues long before he bulked up, and I'm sure those issues weren't helped by the SEAL training regimen that Haney discussed in his book.

Does this picture sum it all up or what. Tiger walking alone down the 1st hole.

CG5aMPiWcAALiQw.jpg

I believe Tiger will be back winning tournaments again in the next 12 months. Even small swing changes take time and be very difficult to transfer from the range to the course.

I believe Tiger will be back winning tournaments again in the next 12 months. Even small swing changes take time and be very difficult to transfer from the range to the course.

Extremely unlikely I say.

Does this picture sum it all up or what. Tiger walking alone down the 1st hole.

CG5aMPiWcAALiQw.jpg

This may be the greatest picture summing up a story I've ever seen.

Would it be the worst thing if Tiger declared tomorrow that he was retiring from golf?
Depends on your thoughts on golf on tour as a whole. I relate it to a team moving in the nfl. For the fans of that team, it's devastating. For fans of the game in general? Not as much. It would dominate media coverage and might even drive some casual fans to other players.

At the end however, I don't believe it's happening. Right now it reminds me of when Tyson came back. I still believe he gets some together, but not without playing. Fortunately he is in his "busy season" so reps are coming.

I remember watching Nicklaus after winning his last Major. Slowly he began playing fewer and fewer events, occasionally popping up on the leader board once in a while. Than he just slowly disappeared until the Senior Tour . I'm not sure if Tiger has plans to play the senior tour, but going this route would be peaceful for him. The problem is that the media let Nicklaus go, the media now is not allowing Tiger to do this. All athletes should be allowed to wind down their careers in peace, and let us remember them how they were

The media is the cause of this

I can't imagine how humbling it must be for him to post scores in the mid 80's. The fall from being arguably the best golfer of all time to where he is now. I was never a big Tiger fan, but hate to see this happen to him. My opinion is that he should officially "retire," and maybe show up at the Majors each year - oops I forgot, that is what he's been doing the past few years.:confused2:

If TW could go back in time and just retire at the end of 2012 do you think he would do it now? Or would his ego not allow it?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I remember watching Nicklaus after winning his last Major. Slowly he began playing fewer and fewer events, occasionally popping up on the leader board once in a while. Than he just slowly disappeared until the Senior Tour . I'm not sure if Tiger has plans to play the senior tour, but going this route would be peaceful for him. The problem is that the media let Nicklaus go, the media now is not allowing Tiger to do this. All athletes should be allowed to wind down their careers in peace, and let us remember them how they were

The media is the cause of this

Tiger being Tiger is the cause of this.

Back