#TheHandCraftedExperience Travel / Extra Rounds and Activities Thread

I'm actually kinda nervous about playing Torrey with you guys now. I pooped the bed playing with Ryan, Jake, and Derek after the king. Need to put in work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm actually kinda nervous about playing Torrey with you guys now. I pooped the bed playing with Ryan, Jake, and Derek after the king. Need to put in work

No worries for us I think. Don't let my handicap fool you, I play the same 3 courses over and over and over. If I break 90 every round in SD, I'll call it a success.

I'm a freakin 15 bro, worry not hahahaha

I feel ya though, I want to come into this event with something approaching my best stuff. Last night's round was a definite step in the right direction, though it was an easy course.

I am an internet golfer. You will play fine!
Besides, I never play coastal courses.

You should have some home town knowledge to fall back on at least Alez.

Poa greens right? We consider that a weed here. I've got my excuse all ready for Balboa and Torrey. #internetgolfer

Edit: typo

Gentlemen, I updated Torrey tee time info from the first post (and copied below). Does this look right? Just want to make sure everyone is covered. Hopefully we can get a morning round on the North figured out for Tim...

Tee Time Info
Torrey Pines South - Wed 8/19 PM
alez367
cpljohsnt
chumphries
Spivey

Torrey Pines North #1 - Sat 8/22 7:30 AM
alez367
SkiBumGolfer
cpljohnst
chumphries

Torrey Pines North #2 - Sat 8/22 AM
StanTheCaddy

Torrey Pines South - Sat 8/22 2:30 PM
sandiegonative
SkiBumGolfer
StanTheCaddy
chumphries

Last edited:

You have nothing to worry about. I'm an 11.4 but 90% of my rounds are on a course I've been playing for almost 20 years. The second I step off that course I'm shooting 90+

Gentlemen, I updated Torrey tee time info from the first post (and copied below). Does this look right? Just want to make sure everyone is covered. Hopefully we can get a morning round on the North figured out for Tim...

Tee Time Info
Torrey Pines South - Wed 8/19 PM
alez367
cpljohsnt
chumphries
Spivey

Torrey Pines North #1 - Sat 8/22 7:30 AM
alez367
SkiBumGolfer
cpljohnst
chumphries

Torrey Pines North #2 - Sat 8/22 AM
StanTheCaddy

Torrey Pines South - Sat 8/22 2:30 PM
sandiegonative
SkiBumGolfer
StanTheCaddy
chumphries

They wouldn't let me book a single this far in advance. I'm working on seeing who else may want to play. Ale is going to ask some of the other locals if they're interested and I'll send a PM to DB TT to see if him or any of the PX guys would be interested in joining.

They wouldn't let me book a single this far in advance. I'm working on seeing who else may want to play. Ale is going to ask some of the other locals if they're interested and I'll send a PM to DB TT to see if him or any of the PX guys would be interested in joining.

I was curious about the PX guys. It'd be cool for some of them to be able to play Sat morning.

Crap dude. Did they say when they would?

Sorry, it would seem like we jumped the gun a bit. Does anybody know if we can just sacrifice a booking fee, reduce our tee time of 4 to 3, and have one person book with Tim? I'd be up to split the extra booking fee 3 ways to make sure Tim gets on.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Sorry, it would seem like we jumped the gun a bit. Does anybody know if we can just sacrifice a booking fee, reduce our tee time of 4 to 3, and have one person book with Tim? I'd be up to split the extra booking fee 3 ways to make sure Tim gets on.

We could do that. We only sacrifice one booking fee to do that. It's worth finding out if any of the PX guys want to play, but I'm game for it if nothing else works out.

Gotta love the Torrey booking policy.

I was told the PX guys were out for Saturday guys. The event is over before that and its scheduled that way for a reason since a number of them are coming in from Memphis.

We could do that. We only sacrifice one booking fee to do that. It's worth finding out if any of the PX guys want to play, but I'm game for it if nothing else works out.

Hehe yup, it's crap.

Sounds good. We'll see what happens.

Hehe yup, it's crap.

Sounds good. We'll see what happens.

I'll call tomorrow and see if maybe they'd be willing to move one of the 7:30 tee times to the next tee time slot. The guy on the phone said he had no one for 7:37 AM (close tee times, haha). Most courses I'd say would do it but with their "interesting" booking policies we'll see what they say.

I'll call tomorrow and see if maybe they'd be willing to move one of the 7:30 tee times to the next tee time slot. The guy on the phone said he had no one for 7:37 AM (close tee times, haha). Most courses I'd say would do it but with their "interesting" booking policies we'll see what they say.
Sweet man, let us know what they say. It does seem a ridiculous policy, but it's not the only one out there haha

So wife has changed plans and I would be able to play sat morning at Torrey now. If it's still an option let me know :)

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Sweet man, let us know what they say. It does seem a ridiculous policy, but it's not the only one out there haha

They might do it but remember since no resident card is being used for th second time they might charge the $43 rate per golfer

I missed the part about San Diego native not playing I guess?

Also I I would a room for Friday now also if we can make the tee times work.

So wife has changed plans and I would be able to play sat morning at Torrey now. If it's still an option let me know :)

They might do it but remember since no resident card is being used for th second time they might charge the $43 rate per golfer

I missed the part about San Diego native not playing I guess?

Also I I would a room for Friday now also if we can make the tee times work.

This is awesome news! I know the tee time immediately after the group of Alez367, Skibumgolfer, cpljohnst and chumphries is available. They tee off at 7:30, there's a 7:37 available at the North Course. You want me to book it for the 2 of us? It'll be $43 booking fee instead of $30. Let me know and I'll book it this week.

Glad you're able to make it awk. Should make for a fun morning with 6 of us.

This is awesome news! I know the tee time immediately after the group of Alez367, Skibumgolfer, cpljohnst and chumphries is available. They tee off at 7:30, there's a 7:37 available at the North Course. You want me to book it for the 2 of us? It'll be $43 booking fee instead of $30. Let me know and I'll book it this week.
Full speed ahead my friend. Book it. Do you want me to PayPal you the booking fee or is it paid at the course?

Full speed ahead my friend. Book it. Do you want me to PayPal you the booking fee or is it paid at the course?

Booking fee paid upfront. When I book it tomorrow I'll PM you my info to send it via PayPal. It's gonna be a lot of fun!

Booking fee paid upfront. When I book it tomorrow I'll PM you my info to send it via PayPal. It's gonna be a lot of fun!
Sounds good to me. I can't wait

Glad to hear you can join us for the morning man! Works out real nice to get Tim out with us as well. Gonna be a fun morning at Torrey North!

Back