Course Bucket List

YetiLooper

Reaction score
Handicap
I have decided to make it a priority to make a "Bucket List" of courses I want to play. The focus will be PNW courses as that's where I live. Budget wise I will probably be limited to only one or two a year. So far here's what have on the list so far, I live in the Portland area so my picks are a bit Oregoncentric so far.

Bandon (all 4 eventually)
Tetherow, Bend Or.
Pronghorn, Redmond Or
Crosswater, Sunriver Or
Ghost Creek Pumpkin Ridge, North Plains Or
Running Y Ranch, Klamath Falls Or
Sandpines Golf Links, Florence Or
Ocean Dunes Golf Links, Florence Or
Gearhart Golf Links, Gearhart Or
Chambers Bay, Tacoma Wa

Any comments on these, or suggestions to add would be appreciated, kinda keeping it to Oregon and Washington for now.

Thanks!

Good luck. Always fun playing courses you admire.
We place THP Events at courses that are cherished and looked upon as Bucket List items. Its fun to knock them each off.
The one place that should be on EVERY single THPer's bucket list is The Hideaway...And there is one way to get there...#TheGrandaddy

We place THP Events at courses that are cherished and looked upon as Bucket List items. Its fun to knock them each off.
The one place that should be on EVERY single THPer's bucket list is The Hideaway...And there is one way to get there...#TheGrandaddy

I'm knocking one off the list next weekend in Longaberger ?. I see The Hideaway in my near future

It's off the list, but it's definitely on top of the must repeat list :)

I need to find a way to get onto Sand Hills in Nebraska.

Pacific NW courses are also on my bucket list. Good picks.

I think in Oregon we have solid half dozen US Open caliber courses... they are all just too far away from a large enough city to hope to host one!

No better golf experience than knocking one of the Bucket List.
And, of course, the Hideaway is on the list. Does it count if it is not a THP event? I think not!!

Great list. I haven't played the central Oregon courses, but look forward to doing so. I have written reviews for many of the others on your list...I hope there is good info in them for you on these courses. Bandon is special. Chambers is a must play. I would happily join you for a round at Pumpkin. Sandpines didn't quite live up to expectations the one time I was there.

I played Pumpkin once about 22 years ago or so and then I really wasn't mature enough to appreciate the architecture of courses.

Great list. I haven't played the central Oregon courses, but look forward to doing so. I have written reviews for many of the others on your list...I hope there is good info in them for you on these courses. Bandon is special. Chambers is a must play. I would happily join you for a round at Pumpkin. Sandpines didn't quite live up to expectations the one time I was there.
I think I should add the Reserve Courses to the list too.

Chambers Bay is a great play and I really enjoyed playing it. All of the Bandon courses are on my list as well and I've heard very good things about Pronghorn. Here's my review of CB. I got a caddie and it made the round pretty special.

http://bestphillygolf.blogspot.com/2012/07/chambers-bay.html

I think I should add the Reserve Courses to the list too.
I've been out there four or five times but have only played one of the two courses. I'm not sure the course rates as highly as the others I know on your list, but it's still a solid course to play. I'd happily head out there with you.

I worked for OB Sports at Langdon Farms when the Reserve opened. Don't know why I haven't played it, but I know several who have who all said it's over rated. A lot of people like Langdon better.

I worked for OB Sports at Langdon Farms when the Reserve opened. Don't know why I haven't played it, but I know several who have who all said it's over rated. A lot of people like Langdon better.
I agree with that sentiment.

Oh yeah, Cog Hill in a couple of months too. Great place to play with THPers.
Caledonia for Legacy is a great one.

I took Pinehurst number 2 off my list this year. Pebble beach is next on my radar

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Langdon, circling raven, and old works are some other great NW courses that could be added to your list! Good luck!

Chambers Bay is a great play and I really enjoyed playing it. All of the Bandon courses are on my list as well and I've heard very good things about Pronghorn. Here's my review of CB. I got a caddie and it made the round pretty special.

http://bestphillygolf.blogspot.com/2012/07/chambers-bay.html

I just read your review. It sounds like you had a great time. Did you get the caddie to move in with you? What an experience that must of been., especially watching it on tv this week!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just read your review. It sounds like you had a great time. Did you get the caddie to move in with you? What an experience that must of been., especially watching it on tv this week!

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it. I wish I could have convinced him to move in, he was awesome. And watching the course this week has been a lot of fun, re-living shots, etc.

The one thing that has amazed me so far has been the weather. They are really lucking out. It switched from hot bad sunny to cold and rainy at least 6 times during the round.

Langdon, circling raven, and old works are some other great NW courses that could be added to your list! Good luck!
I used to work at Langdon, so I've played it a few times . Love that course!

I would love that too. Good luck in ur venture

For me:
Augusta
Oakmont
Pebble Beach
Pinehurst #2

Augusta
St Andrews
Pebble Beach
TPC Sawgrass
Firestone South Course