Cure Putters Review Thread

I was coming up quite a bit short on putts as well, dropped the weight down a bit, but actually just went back up again, I can't find the perfect weight yet, but I think the pace is more me than the putter!
What happened when you went down, anything change? I agree it's probably more me as well, and just have to get used to how the ball rolls off this compared to the one I used for a long time before.

Results speak for themselves.

Has this putter dropped your putting numbers?
How many fewer putts per round are you guys seeing?

What happened when you went down, anything change? I agree it's probably more me as well, and just have to get used to how the ball rolls off this compared to the one I used for a long time before.
Nothing besides the putter feeling lighter, also I should note, I think a bit thicker/bigger grip is going to change my feel on this putter as well, it's still got the stock grip on it and I haven't used a putter grip that small in like 3 years!

Hard to tell for me really. I was coming off a worse than normal spell of putting, and can't tell if I figured it out or the putter helped...but I only had 1 3 putt at Longaberger, and that was due to me reading the break on the 2nd putt wrong. Other than that I was rolling this one pretty well and had a decent amount of 1 putts. So it was back to around normal for me in terms of typical putts per round, but as of recent performances it was better by at least 2-3 putts.

Again, other than Saturday at Longaberger I was having a dreadful June putting wise. So if it's the putter that did it, then it helped a lot...but I also at the same time know I'm a fairly consistent putter, so I might have just kicked the bad spell. Hard to tell so far.

I only have two rounds in with mine, so I don't really have a fewer putts count. But in my round yesterday I had more gimmies from long putts than I can recall having in other recent rounds, and I had my best round in two years. Not that it was all because of putting, but it was definitely part of it.

Took some weight off from my maxed out RX2...so far the best I've putted with it was at the Cure Event when it was set in the middle at 441 grams

So I am continuing to see success with this one. In fact moreso than I ever imagined. The crazy part is I don't think I am making more putts with it. Maybe making 1-2 more a round. What I am seeing is a HUGE success with longer putts and speed on greens. And I say that and can say emphatically it's not even close. My speed on 15-25 foot putts with this putter is so much better than any putter I have used in the past that it's scary.

I have had a total of 4 three putts in close to 20 rounds with it. And two of them were in one round. The best part of that is I am not playing better golf. My looks are not much better and I missed two 6 foot birdie putts last round, so it's not a magic wand. But I have no fear of the longer putt and that has kept my scores really on par with what I want to shoot.

So I am continuing to see success with this one. In fact moreso than I ever imagined. The crazy part is I don't think I am making more putts with it. Maybe making 1-2 more a round. What I am seeing is a HUGE success with longer putts and speed on greens. And I say that and can say emphatically it's not even close. My speed on 15-25 foot putts with this putter is so much better than any putter I have used in the past that it's scary.

I have had a total of 4 three putts in close to 20 rounds with it. And two of them were in one round. The best part of that is I am not playing better golf. My looks are not much better and I missed two 6 foot birdie putts last round, so it's not a magic wand. But I have no fear of the longer putt and that has kept my scores really on par with what I want to shoot.

This is very true. I make no more putts than I normally would, but my confidence over "ANY" length put be it a 3 footer or 20footer is MUCH higher than it has ever been.

I have said it here before, but my "confidence" range is now within 6ft. Meaning, before I gamed a cure I was confident I could make anything within 3ft. Now I am confident I can make anything within 6ft.

Wether I do or don't, just having that mindset on the green speaks for itself. But the added stability to my stroke and the triangulation alignment system has been vital in that role.

I love tinkering with clubs and for the first time in a long time I have ZERO desire to change my CURE (maybe only ADDing another model)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just picked up a 2.0 and 3.0 THP SS will give me options on either Cure, plus with the Cures I can swap shafts if I want to see which size, or offset I like in each head! I like having options, two heads, two shafts, each with a different offset and grip. Talk about customization!

The only thing I don't like so far is the little pole sticking out the back of the RX1tour, but the compact shape is nice, I also wanted to see what it looked like without the circles on the top, I can't decide which I like the look of better.

All in all I think the RX2tour is going to be my next addition to the cure collection, or an RXi I can't decide, but probably a model I can swap stuff with, the options are endless!

I just picked up a 2.0 and 3.0 THP SS will give me options on either Cure, plus with the Cures I can swap shafts if I want to see which size, or offset I like in each head! I like having options, two heads, two shafts, each with a different offset and grip. Talk about customization!

The only thing I don't like so far is the little pole sticking out the back of the RX1tour, but the compact shape is nice, I also wanted to see what it looked like without the circles on the top, I can't decide which I like the look of better.

All in all I think the RX2tour is going to be my next addition to the cure collection, or an RXi I can't decide, but probably a model I can swap stuff with, the options are endless!

That's what kept me away from it too. I'm sure you could put the same back plate that's on the others on it to take it off, but I wasn't a fan of it while trying it out.

I'm already thinking of Cure #2. Like the flange idea on the RX3F. Maybe somebody will trade me my RX3 for an RX3F

I am seeing similar results as you JB. Not making a world of more putts. Speed/Distance Control have been much better with the Cure. Putts in the 8-12' range are either going in or just barely missing. The confidence I have over the longer putts and knowing they will get close to the hole.

I am not a fan of the pole on the back of the RX1 but I have pretty much put it out of my mind and don't notice it when i am putting

That's what kept me away from it too. I'm sure you could put the same back plate that's on the others on it to take it off, but I wasn't a fan of it while trying it out.

That's a great idea buddy. Another email incoming to John!

I confirmed it with John. It can be done! I can't wait to keep tweaking these.

Great questions. And yes the results do speak for themselves.
Yes
Right now I'm averaging 3.5 fewer putts per round

My dad's got a cure putter and I'm getting sick of him calling bragging about him draining long putts. I got to see him use it in action a few weeks ago and his speed is so much better using it compared to his previous putters. His putting improved a lot since he switched too. The first time I saw it was right before he got it last Christmas and I admittedly dismissed it. I rolled a few putts with it in the basement after he opened it and I was surprised. It was very smooth. After hearing it on the course I'm starting to warm up to the sound it makes as well. I'm glad a bunch of other people got to try it.

I put the Garsen Ultimate grip on the RX3F a week or two back. Played with it a few holes last weekend and was so so with it. No big deal, just need some adjustment time.
I played it again yesterday on the back 9 and things are looking good. Drained two birdie putts over 15 and 20 foot. Also had one long putt lip out.
The RX3F and Garsen Ultimate may turn out to be a fantastic pairing.

Was playing at Eagle Creek in Orlando on Fathers day and there was a guy putting with a Cure on the practice green. His buddy was giving him crap for it, but guy was either making every putt or burning the edge. The other guy hit a few and I heard him say that he can't stand the look, but it works and feels great. I believe those were my exact thoughts when I tried JB's at a local outing. I can always get over the way something looks if it works for me.

Had 31 putts today(2 3jacks) but speed was pretty good all day. I didn't blow any by the hole and only left two shorter than i wanted(made 1 of the 2). Confidence from 20' and in is unbelievable. Played with a buddy and two other singles today who have never seen these before and all 3 were intrigued, especially on the first 3 holes when i was draining 8-15' and a few other putts that had great distance control.

One of the guys took a picture on the 17th green and looks like he will be picking one up.

After trying about every different weight combination. I have settled on 1/4 inch ss and 1/8 inch aluminum weights. That set up for me seems to be the right amount of weight. The most impressive thing to me about the putter. Is the ball goes where it is aimed and tracks really well.

I don't believe I have 3 putted since I put the Cure in the bag. Speed control outside of 20 feet is the best I have ever experienced and I have so much confidence inside of 15 feet it's almost like I am shocked when I miss

I don't believe I have 3 putted since I put the Cure in the bag. Speed control outside of 20 feet is the best I have ever experienced and I have so much confidence inside of 15 feet it's almost like I am shocked when I miss

This really nails it for me. I just have great distance control on long putts.

My 3putts have been minimal and it's because I end up losing focus on some short putts and fail to read and setup for them thinking it's an easy 3'

Cure Putters Review Thread

I rolled mine so-so today. Really firm greens today and tough pin locations made for a bunch of missed putts. I was on the practice green for about 15min before the round and increased the weight again. I know it's probably not the best thing to do before a round but thought I would give it a go on the practice green as I am still in the "dialing-in" stage! Went with the 1/8" and 1/4" SS weights. Liked the feel of it and I am going to spend more time with it at this weight. I am still trying to "like" the Garsen Max that I put on but I think that's the big hang up for me right Now. Really can't get all that comfortable with my grip. I think Ive had the Garsen on for about a month now. Can't wait for my THP SS3.0 to arrive. (Ill post more grip info in the appropriate thread)

Back