What "bucket list" courses have you played?

Checked Bay Hill off the list yesterday.

Add in Palmetto in Aiken, SC and I'll be tickled pink. The things I've heard about that place are phenomenal.

I have played:

Augusta National (once)
Harbour Town (once)
Sea Island (about a half dozen times)
Palmetto (an Alistair Mackenzie - maybe 20 times)

All of these rounds were free to me, except for the times I paid tournament entry fees at Palmetto. I also once got rained out of a free round at TPC Sawgrass, and the opportunity never came around again. And Palmetto IS awesome - I have pictures somewhere - if any interest I will post.

Now Augusta that is a bucket list course!

Here are a few pics from my last trip to Palmetto, in spring of 2012.

P1011660_zps8875c56b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The entrance to Palmetto is very unassuming, a quiet little sign on a side street off Whiskey Road - not easy to find!

Last edited:
P1011650_zpsb23115f2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The view on the first tee, hole named "Lookout", hitting off a hilltop tee way above the fairway, Fermata Swim Club in the distance. To the right you see the 14th green, and #15 comes back over the small pond and up the hill adjacent to #1.

Last edited:
P1011652_zpsfcd648ff.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The view on the 4th tee, a par 4 called "Red", a shot across a ravine then an approach to a crowned green.

P1011655_zps47b1e499.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

P1011656_zpsf240041d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Two looks at the fabulous par 3 #7, named "Ridge", a hole that I think compares favorably to #12 at Augusta; it is short (139 on the card, but really up to about 160) and the plateau green is guarded by a deep, narrow trap that snakes all around the left side, and a steep drop to nowheresville just off the right and back; I say nowheresville because there is nowhere to safely miss this green. Plus, the green sits angling away to the right like the famous #12 at Augusta - and also like # 12 the green once you manage to get on it is narrow and flat.

P1011659_zps39b03798.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Lastly a glimpse of the clubhouse and I assume the course mascot - you get back here after 15 holes, then play the final three in a short loop on the far side of the property.

Played some of the great ones last year, TPC Sawgrass, Bay Hill and The Ailsa Turnberry. I would have to say Turnberry was the best course I have ever played. Bay hill was just an awesome experience and the 17th at Sawgrass is just amazing. Planning to play as many Open courses as possible in 2015. And trip to France is planned. Back to the US in 2016

Nice. And welcome to THP.

Honestly, Old Stonewall has been a course I've wanted to play for years. Probably only because I love how the clubhouse looks but luckily I'll be heading there in June for the THP Invitational

Agree with this ^^^^^^^^^^. I've wanted to play Stonewall for years and what better way to do it than with a ton of THPers!

Here we go:

Oakmont
Congressional
Burning Tree
Chevy Chase (DC)
Latrobe
Harbor Town

Not very many but they were all great tracks!!

Old Head Golf Links
Ballybunion Golf Course - Old Course
Cog Hill - Dubsdread
TPC Deere Run
TPC Scottsdale
St Louis Country Club
Grayhawk Golf Club - Both Talon and Raven
(Valhalla CC)
(Pinehurst 2,4,8)
(Dalhousie CC)
(TPC Southwind)
*Have buddy trips already booked for the 4 sites in parathesis above. Will play Valhalla and Pinehurst in March and the other two in June*
----
Still on the list yet to be played:
Streamsong
Whistling Straits
French Lick
TPC Sawgrass
Doral
Karsten Creek
Erin Hills
Bellerive CC

Last edited:
Play Torrey Pines North this past summer. Didn't shoot very well but the views were amazing!

PGA National Champions Course
Pinehurst #2 & #8

That's all for me right now but hope to add a few more soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just found a way to work a bucket list course in to my trip for work next week. We'll be checking off Pinehurst #2 next Thursday!

The Dye and The Clive at the Hideaway
Whistling Straights and Irish
Blackwolf Run River and Championship Routing
Cog Hill, Dubsdread
Harbor Shores (Benton Harbor, Senior PGA Championship Venue)
TPC Deere Run
Kemper Lakes (89' PGA Championship)
Erin Hills (6/17/16)

I'm lucky to live in an area where the courses I play on a regular bases are really, really good too.

Last edited:
I took five weeks to move from the Puget Sound area to the Pioneer Valley region of Massachusetts. I zigzagged across the map trying to play a different course every day.

One of the highlights was Jackson Hole Golf & Tennis Club, with splendid views of the Tetons. Robert Trent Jones designed and pulled out all stops; there are over 100 bunkers and water hazards combined. But then again, there are seven thousand three hundred and ninety yards to fit them among.

I've not had a chance to play some awesome courses like you all have, so my list is pretty short.

TPC Scottsdale
The Hideaway (Clive and Dye)
Nicklaus Golf Club @ Lion's Gate (held a Champions Tour Event)

Looks like I will at least be adding TPC Vegas to my list come September, maybe some others as well.

Whistling Straits Stratis
Blackwolf Run River
Shadow Creek
Pinehurst #2
Torrey Pines South
Spyglass Hill
Wolf Creek (NV)

Coming up-
Sand Hills

Bucket list courses are pretty few and far between.
Pine Valley, Merion and Augusta are my reaches. I am pretty sure I can play cypress and oakmont in the coming years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like everyone else, I have a lot of bucket list courses, but in the last year, Ive been able to check off quite a few. East Lake in Atlanta where the PGA plays the Tour Championship was truly an incredible experience, Atlanta Athletic Club has some cool history, but Kiawah Island Ocean Course in March might be my #1 of all time!

Back