Will You Create Your Legacy - 2015 #THPLegacy Event

Everything was pretty lousy today. Especially the driver. Still managed to get some match play in against a Morgan Cup vet. I don't play a lot of match play, but I really love it. I am ADD, and it helps me focus.

Playing this afternoon but looks like the rain and heavy rain will be coming in about an hour into it, so.... Do have a round tomorrow with good weather. Playing with my buddy who is scratch so we will have a good time and I will get some good practice in.

My tourney this morning was postponed until next Saturday due to rain. Have a round scheduled tomorrow with my uncle who's a 3 handicap...gonna see if he'll play match play. Then Monday I'm taking off and playing in a VSGA one-day.

First, I wanted to personally congratulate all of your for the work you have been doing since being selected to be in The Legacy. As a former Morgan Cup participant, I know how much work and how much time goes into preparing for the event. It’s not easy and while there is a lot to be thankful for, I know all of it comes with some level of personal sacrifice.

Second, nothing you have done will prepare you for the emotionally exhausting journey you are about to undertake. You are in for a few days that will drain you physically, mentally, and most of all emotionally. You will have highs like you would not imagine. You will have some lows as well. Not that that is bad, but be prepared to figure out where you can grab just a few more bits of energy when need be.

Third, you are going to feel a level of pressure you have not had before playing as an amateur. Match Play golf is a different animal. I know you have likely practiced the format to prepare, but when that Saturday AM round comes, you are going to be overwhelmed with feelings you are not used to. Stepping onto that first tee box, knowing that now every shot I take will mean something; it adds a layer you were not expecting. When this happens, find something in yourself to accept and embrace those feelings. Every shot does count, but you are not playing 18 holes, you are playing that hole. Don’t let a single bad shot take you into a darker place. Challenge yourself to recover and know you have a chance to turn it around on every single shot. If you embrace this idea, you will find yourself more enthusiastic and exciting about how you can take a negative and turn it into a positive.

Fourth, don’t sleep on every chance you have to make personal friendships. If this is your first THP event, don’t hide in the corner or wait to initiate discussions. I made that mistake at my first event and since then I have made it a point to meet new people. Find common interests outside golf. Exchange phone numbers. You will find once you leave the event you have made lifelong friends that you can count on to be there to chat and have fun with.

Lastly, you are going to become an even larger presence on THP. Embrace this and become an advocate for the community. The more people we bring into our family, the bigger the events and the more exciting the entire game becomes.

You guys are lucky and are going to do great. Soak it all in and when all is said and done your entire view of golf will change.

Amazing post right here! :clapp::clapp::clapp:

Thought I was ready. Today showed me I'm not. Put up an embarrassing score on a hard course. Back to the grind tomorrow

Jed, if you have time next week (during the week) let me know and we get a round in somewhere. Play it as match play, you will kill me but I am game for the challenge.

If I can play like I did today when we're in Myrtle I'll throw a party.
My misses were all playable and fine and my worst holes resulted in bogeys.

My good shots were stupid good and I capitalized on most chances.

Jed, if you have time next week (during the week) let me know and we get a round in somewhere. Play it as match play, you will kill me but I am game for the challenge.
I'd love to buddy thanks!

Only got 9 in today but it was U G L Y and I aint got no alibi, it was ugly yeah yeah it was ugly. I blame it on softball last night. Hope to find the right swing tomorrow. Would hate to bring that swing to MB.

Only got 9 in today but it was U G L Y and I aint got no alibi, it was ugly yeah yeah it was ugly. I blame it on softball last night. Hope to find the right swing tomorrow. Would hate to bring that swing to MB.

must have been a swamp too. It stopped here at 3pm and gonna be sunny and dry for the next two days...but still expecting to be CPO tomorrow and Monday

Shhhh. Dont tell anybody.

Spoiler
YOU ARE ON FREAKING DECK

On the bright side with your obscure movie reference you win one hundred innerweb bucks!

What a great golf weekend with THPers in KC, and it's not over, yet. Under 2 weeks, now, and the excitement is building. I had a bad swing day, yesterday, and a good one, today. I know which one I "intend" to bring with me to MB.

Got a quick taste, spending a little time with Orange Hog, Rambler and McRock in KC this weekend. I am confident we are all going to have a great time.

Hypothetically speaking if any of us were to order a custom set of clubs today. They wouldn't get here till after the Legacy! Yeah we're getting close! Very close

Had a round today and there was some good and some real bad. But even through the bad swings, my swing felt good. Got to get it honed in.

There comes a point in every man's life that there is a fork in the road. A road traveled with pride, but the fork is demanding a decision. On one hand is the easy way towards life as you know it and on the other hand is taking the extra step towards immortality. The time has come when each of you has that choice of left or right as the fork in the road presents itself.

Legacy is next and its less than 2 weeks away.

The final days leading up to this. I still have work to do, I will continue to work my a$$ of till I push the peg in the ground on Saturday morning at True Blue. I will be bringing my best!

The final days leading up to this. I still have work to do, I will continue to work my a$$ of till I push the peg in the ground on Saturday morning at True Blue. I will be bringing my best!
Can't wait to see you put on a show Kevin. I know it will be a battle but it will be an amazing sight seeing the drive that everyone is bringing to MB.

I have been pretty level this whole time but this past couple days the excitement has been growing with each passing minute. Had three of the best range sessions I have had in a long time the last few days and am hoping I am peaking at the right time. It is a busy week at work but I will be making the time for practice daily even if it is just 15-20 minutes putting and chipping I will have a club in my hand.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Got a quick taste, spending a little time with Orange Hog, Rambler and McRock in KC this weekend. I am confident we are all going to have a great time.

Looking forward to competing against you in a couple short weeks (or at least competing against your team). You are right, a good time will be had by all. It was awesome meeting you this past weekend.

There comes a point in every man's life that there is a fork in the road. A road traveled with pride, but the fork is demanding a decision. On one hand is the easy way towards life as you know it and on the other hand is taking the extra step towards immortality. The time has come when each of you has that choice of left or right as the fork in the road presents itself.

Legacy is next and its less than 2 weeks away.

Legacies aren't given to you, they have to be earned. After KC, I really liked the way I played, and how I handled some shots that did not go as planned. I know where the final touches need to be made. In 1 week, I actually get on a plane to head that way for a bit of vacation before the Legacy. Can't wait!

~Rock

Played 3 9-hole matches in KC. 2 singles, and 1 team best ball. Learned a lot during the process, and thru chatting about the formats with Spivey and others. It's certainly a different approach than all the stroke - play tournaments I have played in, but I did find a small key that worked for me during yesterday's matches, and will bring that with me.

Also had a chance to get some more good info from MC veterans this weekend. First big discussion of the weekend was listening to tips and memories from Icey, ATL, and Hawk. Really appreciated the insights guys.

Yea, I got great insight in KC this weekend from Doug (J4U) about MB.

Me: Is it really going to be this hot but more humid?
J4U: Yes, it is worse there.

That's about how that conversation went.

~Rock

Yea, I got great insight in KC this weekend from Doug (J4U) about MB.

Me: Is it really going to be this hot but more humid?
J4U: Yes, it is worse there.

That's about how that conversation went.

~Rock
The weather should be...interesting.

z67Y08a.jpg

Looks no different than last year, which only had issues Friday. You guys will be fine, worry more about the shot in front of you and less about the weather.

A)There should be no weather talk
B)We had to deal with some form of Rain in 2 of the last 3 events held there.
C)Be prepared for the conditions, and play fast.

Back