The 2015 Grandaddy - Chance Of A Lifetime

I remeber your stories during the winter sim rounds...could tell it was just a truly genuine experience for you

True story and I won't get into detail, but during the winter me and him happened to FaceTime once and he was in his living room. Next to his chair was his bag from the granddaddy

True story and I won't get into detail, but during the winter me and him happened to FaceTime once and he was in his living room. Next to his chair was his bag from the granddaddy

It is still here!

The 2015 Grandaddy - Chance Of A Lifetime

There are so many things that run through my mind when I think of the Grandaddy of em all. Fun!, Confidence, excited yet cautious, and that's just the contests to get in …

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are so many things that run through my mind when I think of the Grandaddy of em all. Fun!, Confidence, excited yet cautious, and that's just the contests to get in …

When business picks up regarding these contests, I bet there are many that share that sentiment.

We are 6 months away from this epic event.

All expenses paid
Captain Jman
#Teamredemption
#zoocrew
Swag
New Gear
Team Bonding
Epic Course to be named
Rewrite History and bring home the belt

All expenses paid. On top of a fitted bag.

Its absolutely ridiculous! In the best way possible.

All expenses paid
Captain Jman
#Teamredemption
#zoocrew
Swag
New Gear
Team Bonding
Epic Course to be named
I think everyone wants in on this one and if you don't or are unsure you will be kicking yourself later for not at least trying. This is a once in a lifetime sort of thing.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

All expenses paid
Captain Jman
#Teamredemption
#zoocrew
Swag
New Gear
Team Bonding
Epic Course to be named

You missed two: FUN & NEW FRIENDS!

You missed two: FUN & NEW FRIENDS!

This is what it's about to me… Sure who doesn't want gear, but I can buy that. Sharing a love of the game though with people and making lifelong friends; that's priceless and why I will be trying to get in!

All expenses paid
Captain Jman
#Teamredemption
#zoocrew
Swag
New Gear
Team Bonding
Epic Course to be named

Who would have ever thought that I would be hoping winter would come quickly? Not me....but I sure can't wait for December this year !!

Just paired my clubs up with Arccos Golf. Ulterior motive? More data to focus my work on my game should I find a way into the Grandaddy. (Or even if not) :)

One of the funnest things since the Grandaddy has been sharing the story and equipment with friends and strangers alike. I feel like I'm preaching the THP & Callaway gospel!

Yesterday I got to play a round with Chicogolf and one of the first things I said to him was "if you want to hit anything in the bag, its all yours!" I figure Callaway was generous enough to give it to me, I should be willing to let any and all try it out! I even offered the same to the two guys we got paired with at the turn.

I got my mind on the Granddady and the Granddaddy on my mind.

Whilst playing in our little UK event at the weekend, I had my mind on this as we were playing a combination of matchplay and individual stableford scoring so it gave me a good chance to see how I would cope in a pressure situation (especially playing against players with a lower handicap than myself)

The results from the event have shown me 2 things

1. Try and bring a good putting game.....it was shocking both days really, I still scored 36 points on day one, day 2 was only 27 points but I think this was affected by my back problems
2. I need to work on some fitness as my back was shot about 2/3 of the way round the second day - although pushing a trolley up some of those hills didn't help!!

It would seem my game isn't in too bad a shape but there is always room for improvement and TheGrandaddy is the biggest incentive of all

Whilst playing in our little UK event at the weekend, I had my mind on this as we were playing a combination of matchplay and individual stableford scoring so it gave me a good chance to see how I would cope in a pressure situation (especially playing against players with a lower handicap than myself)

The results from the event have shown me 2 things

1. Try and bring a good putting game.....it was shocking both days really, I still scored 36 points on day one, day 2 was only 27 points but I think this was affected by my back problems
2. I need to work on some fitness as my back was shot about 2/3 of the way round the second day - although pushing a trolley up some of those hills didn't help!!

It would seem my game isn't in too bad a shape but there is always room for improvement and TheGrandaddy is the biggest incentive of all
I think fitness may be an overlooked element of the equation. Many aren't used to playing that much golf pic a short timeframe and it can get to you.

Well done on the scores, especially if you weren't putting well. Your ball striking must have been really solid.

I think fitness may be an overlooked element of the equation. Many aren't used to playing that much golf pic a short timeframe and it can get to you.

Well done on the scores, especially if you weren't putting well. Your ball striking must have been really solid.

Walking the distances for 36 holes isn't so much the issue, it is the ongoing recovery from my back injury that caused me the problems and I think it was pushing/pulling my clubs up and down some of those hills

Ball striking for day 1 was fairly solid but I also thought my way round the course looking at yardages and what would be the best club off the tee - El B mentioned it in our event thread, but the driver hardly came out of the bag and my 3W/5W off the tee kept me in the fairway 99.9% of the time making the round so much easier

It sucks that the gauntlet isn't in the equation for me but this event is always on my mind. How can you not try to get into such an epic event? I'll be working on my game and keep my fingers crossed

Definitely a dream event for the lucky few. Can't wait to see the turn out and all the goodies that comes with it.

been working on my game prepping for this event. I will be ready if/when the call (PM, thread post) comes.

I got to tee it up with my captain this past weekend and am even more excited to play for/with this man. James is a cool cat with a ton of game. Our team is in great hands with him at the helm.

I also learned that I suck at golf and have a ton of work to do over the next 5 months. Conditioning is the biggest thing, and tightening up some areas of my game needs to happen pronto.

Hahahaha, you do not suck at golf dammit!

It was a blast dude, I have zero doubt you are going to be more than ready for this.

I love when with thread starts getting peppered with comments. My competitive juices get flowing

I learned that I need to harness my nervous energy better & I need to compartmentalize whatever personal crap I have going on, put it aside and golf my damn ball like I know I can...on the outside I may look pretty calm and collected, but inside I can be as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs. I need to find a way to harness that in a positive way and come out firing like I know I can.

Game wise I would say I am "loose" at best right now. Not doing a ton of things to blow up on a hole, but I need to tighten up some areas & I have mental notes of what work I need to do. Playing a Friday round with Jman and Neb showed me I have to tighten up the loose ends so that win, lose or draw, I brought the best game possible if I am chosen to represent this great community.

I got to tee it up with my captain this past weekend and am even more excited to play for/with this man. James is a cool cat with a ton of game. Our team is in great hands with him at the helm.

I also learned that I suck at golf and have a ton of work to do over the next 5 months. Conditioning is the biggest thing, and tightening up some areas of my game needs to happen pronto.
I'm sorry but didn't you punch your ticket with MVP type play? This attitude that you suck is for the birds. Why beat yourself up when it's not needed. This event has shown that you need to arrive with a positive attitude and a desire to have fun. Beating yourself up will place nothing but doubt in your head. The time is now to KNOW you have game and if you work at it, you'll have the tools to play well. If you don't play well, oh well, that is golf in all of its glory.

Enough of the down on my game thoughts. Just he ready and the rest will take care of itself. James will insure you are paired with a great partner. All you guys have to do is be open to having a freaking blast.

Back