Star Wars Episode VII Has a Title

I'm a lifelong Star Wars fan and I'm still a bit meh about Disney purchasing Lucasarts but when I saw that second trailer I started crying as soon as I heard "Chewie...we're home".

I'm a lifelong Star Wars fan and I'm still a bit meh about Disney purchasing Lucasarts but when I saw that second trailer I started crying as soon as I heard "Chewie...we're home".

You would prefer Lucas to still be running it?

I would have preferred Lucas to have worked strong personalities similar to Episodes 4 and 5. The problem with the Episode 1, 2, 3 and 6 was he had free reign. Gary Kurtz reigned him in and after his departure there was nobody around to say "Er George, maybe less Jar-Jar more Darth Maul?"

My fear is that Disney is going to dilute Star Wars with inconsequential spin-offs with directors of such fare as Fast and Furious and Godzilla. Rian Johnson was a step in the right direction though and after the second trailer I am cautiously optimistic.

No... no I would not. I think JJ will be good. He's a bit more 'wild west' than science. Which worked against him in Star Trek...but those still turned out okay. He should be very good for Star Wars.

I would have preferred Lucas to have worked strong personalities similar to Episodes 4 and 5. The problem with the Episode 1, 2, 3 and 6 was he had free reign. Gary Kurtz reigned him in and after his departure there was nobody around to say "Er George, maybe less Jar-Jar more Darth Maul?"

My fear is that Disney is going to dilute Star Wars with inconsequential spin-offs with directors of such fare as Fast and Furious and Godzilla. Rian Johnson was a step in the right direction though and after the second trailer I am cautiously optimistic.

Fast and Furious? I think you might have some bad info. So far the only confirmed directors after JJ are Rian Johnson, Gareth Edwards and Chris Miller/Phil Lord. All three have pretty tremendous films under their belt.

No... no I would not. I think JJ will be good. He's a bit more 'wild west' than science. Which worked against him in Star Trek...but those still turned out okay. He should be very good for Star Wars.

Those first few minutes when Kirk's father sacrifices himself to save the crew were incredible. If JJ can bring some of that to Star Wars I will feel very comfortable.

No killing Han off though. That would take years off my life.

Fast and Furious? I think you might have some bad info. So far the only confirmed directors after JJ are Rian Johnson, Gareth Edwards and Chris Miller/Phil Lord. All three have pretty tremendous films under their belt.

I'm sorry I mixed up my sci-fi. James Wan has been attached to Robotech though I swear I read he had one of the Star Wars spin-offs along with the director of the latest Godzilla.

Now Rian Johnson I'm expecting incredible stuff from. Looper is my favorite movie of the last decade or so.

My view from where I'm typing.

C6CA7934-8300-4AE4-BE31-7A12A7E7C88B_zpsvrlyzjtd.jpg

Don't care who or what, I just want to see a quality Star Wars film. I will always be a fan!!!

Don't care who or what, I just want to see a quality Star Wars film. I will always be a fan!!!

This! I am so excited for this, but I hope I'm not just building for a fall.

I love JJ Abrams and think he'll do a great job. I'm sure there will be plenty of people that hate it, but I'm one of the people that actually enjoyed every bit of Episodes 1-3. I'm a big Star Wars fan, but I have never ventured out to any of the books or anything. Just watched some of the cartoons that have come out in the past few years.

I think if people go into it with open eyes and not a preconceived idea, they will enjoy the film. I think it is impossible to ruin the series.

I love JJ Abrams and think he'll do a great job. I'm sure there will be plenty of people that hate it, but I'm one of the people that actually enjoyed every bit of Episodes 1-3. I'm a big Star Wars fan, but I have never ventured out to any of the books or anything. Just watched some of the cartoons that have come out in the past few years.

If you like video games you should check out The Force Unleashed. It's set between Episodes 3 and 4 and tells what was the official canon story of the formation of the Rebel Alliance. Great, great story about loyalty, love, sacrifice and redemption. The game play can be a bit repetitive but the cut scenes are well crafted. It's a fun game my son and I still enjoy pulling out and replaying. Since Disney brought out Star Wars Rebels the story of The Force Unleashed looks like it's been tossed aside but a great deal of fans still hope it can be incorporated into the Rebels storyline.

That was always on my list of games to play but didn't. I'm kinda bummed Star Wars battlefront isn't going to game a main storied game because the gameplay looks great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My understanding is all games, books and comics since Disney acquired Star Wars will be considered canon.

Anyone excited for the first full trailer tonight during halftime of MNF?

Honestly it's the only reason I'm watching MNF tonight! I am pumped.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've voted for a running clock since the beginning of the game, but New York wouldn't take my call.

I've voted for a running clock since the beginning of the game, but New York wouldn't take my call.

Im with you. Im in California and sitting on the hotel couch just waiting...

2:20 left. Come on dumb football. Get to halftime Please no John Grudden crotch shots before the trailer.

This has been the longest half of football. Bring on the Force!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minute warning folks. Which really means 10 pm eastern. And naturally it'll be at the very end of halftime.

41 seconds.

Back