Odyssey Putters Thread

Not bad for limited tools! I like the looks of it as well. Might want to hit it with some oil or something to keep the rust from returning.

I picked this up the other day. I don't know why, but it spoke to me. But as you can see, it needed a little love..

a6e83d48c6462d9441888508a0cc06a7.jpg

So I went to town with some CLR, steel wool, and sandpaper and got this...

2c0d3547d5b455a0e735e4eeb471d491.jpg

It's definitely not perfect. There's still a lot of pitting in the cavity, and I don't have the tools or skills to go at it. I do like it how it is now. Kinda reminds me of something out of Star Wars. I threw a SuperStroke on it. Now to take it out and see how she rolls!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Wow...nice work!

Not bad for limited tools! I like the looks of it as well. Might want to hit it with some oil or something to keep the rust from returning.
I got a can of CLC silicon lube from Home Depot. I think that'll do the trick.

I picked this up the other day. I don't know why, but it spoke to me. But as you can see, it needed a little love..

a6e83d48c6462d9441888508a0cc06a7.jpg

So I went to town with some CLR, steel wool, and sandpaper and got this...

2c0d3547d5b455a0e735e4eeb471d491.jpg

It's definitely not perfect. There's still a lot of pitting in the cavity, and I don't have the tools or skills to go at it. I do like it how it is now. Kinda reminds me of something out of Star Wars. I threw a SuperStroke on it. Now to take it out and see how she rolls!

Great job! Which version insert? I'm considering picking up an older center shafted #7 but I'm not familiar with how the different inserts feel.

Great job! Which version insert? I'm considering picking up an older center shafted #7 but I'm not familiar with how the different inserts feel.

It's one of the older White Hot inserts, but by far the hardest one I've ever rolled. Totally unexpected. If hit dead on the screws, it can be soft, but anywhere off the middle, and you might as well be hitting solid stainless.

Just grabbed a #9 Black series insert putter! Cant wait to add it to the collection.

It's one of the older White Hot inserts, but by far the hardest one I've ever rolled. Totally unexpected. If hit dead on the screws, it can be soft, but anywhere off the middle, and you might as well be hitting solid stainless.
When you have the chance could you post a pic of the sole so I know what series to look for? Until my recent Odyssey purchases, all of my inserts have been copper or aluminum so I actually prefer a "firm" feel.

When you have the chance could you post a pic of the sole so I know what series to look for? Until my recent Odyssey purchases, all of my inserts have been copper or aluminum so I actually prefer a "firm" feel.
It's the Black Series. They're a little harder to find, and are usually a little more on eBay.

The black series is one of my fav putter lines ever

Have to say I have loved the Black series, i have the Black series tour design in #4, and #9 and a standard Black series in the #1 and the #9 on the way. Really enjoy them.

It's the Black Series. They're a little harder to find, and are usually a little more on eBay.

Thank you. I own a Black Tour Design series #1w and #9. I've "watched" a few Black Series #7s but never pulled the trigger because I didn't know what the insert was like.

Question for the group: Did any of the following versions of the #7 come in center shafted; Black Series, Metal X, or Metal X Milled?

Sent from my G3 using TapaTalk Pro

Thank you. I own a Black Tour Design series #1w and #9. I've "watched" a few Black Series #7s but never pulled the trigger because I didn't know what the insert was like.

Question for the group: Did any of the following versions of the #7 come in center shafted; Black Series, Metal X, or Metal X Milled?

Sent from my G3 using TapaTalk Pro
The metal-x line had a center shafted #7...but I'm not sure if it was intended as a belly/long putter or not.

Rolled a Versa 330M WBW in the store today. I will have one.

I really like the Works Versa #1 I have, just wish grass didn't get stuck in the face so easily.

I love the Tank Cruiser cou ter balanced heavy putter #1. They're only $139 on ebay for the 38" I just love the heavy weignting it keeps my hands steady through the putting stroke. If you guys get a chance go to Dicks or GG and roll one of these you'll fall in love.

I saw this a few minutes ago. New 3-Jacks cover!!!

Really like that dropping bombs headcover, but not for the $100 price tag they will probably bring those out for.

I will have the new NTJ cover! The bomb one looks good also.

ad2d5e4eb3267b19eb8503d61858edb4.jpg

Was putzing around the local golf store and rolled the works 1W tank again...still a great looking/feeling/rolling putter. I told myself I'd stay committed to my current gamer, but this one makes it tough.

Holy odyssey goodness batman!

Back