2015 Fitness and Working Out Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not exaggerating, drink a gallon of whole milk a day.

Whoa. Could I sub in full fat yogurt? I don't like milk. (I know, again, weirdo)

Whoa. Could I sub in full fat yogurt? I don't like milk. (I know, again, weirdo)
The whole milk isn't just for the calories. It's the fat, protein, and vitamins. Yogurt doesn't have that mix, whole milk does. It's ideal for a hard gainer. If you don't like milk, just eat. A lot. You need calories.

So went to a sports fitness facility yesterday. Saw a chiropractor for my back and set up ffitness and nutrition regime to get me fitter for The Gauntlet. Gotta make it happen!

The whole milk isn't just for the calories. It's the fat, protein, and vitamins. Yogurt doesn't have that mix, whole milk does. It's ideal for a hard gainer. If you don't like milk, just eat. A lot. You need calories.
Thanks for the tips Joe. Worst case, I'll add some protein powder or something to make it not taste like milk haha. How's peanut butter work?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

When I was in hard gainer mode, my recovery beverage, along with one more at a different part of the day, was about 12 oz of whole chocolate milk, a banana, and a tablespoon of peanut butter. Very effective as putting on some mass.

Checked and weighted chins last night. Good times.

Thanks for the tips Joe. Worst case, I'll add some protein powder or something to make it not taste like milk haha. How's peanut butter work?

Peanut butter works great. Loaded with calories. Just eat. if you need to but on weight, just eat.

Peanut butter works great. Loaded with calories. Just eat. if you need to but on weight, just eat.
Ryan could eat 10k calories a day still not get fat. I walked in his shoes when I was his age

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Ryan could eat 10k calories a day still not get fat. I walked in his shoes when I was his age

Color me green with envy. I wish I had that problem. Now I train hard to make my caloric intake make sense. It isn't the right way to do things. But, I made this bed

Color me green with envy. I wish I had that problem. Now I train hard to make my caloric intake make sense. It isn't the right way to do things. But, I made this bed
I know what you mean now days buttrustme,when I was 25 and no matter. What I did could not get over 130 sucks

10k calories is probably a slight exaggeration, but yeah I can eat quite a lot and not gain much at all. I'm 5'8" and weigh about 140, and when I was eating a lot of really bad food in college I still never weighted more than 150. I run about 15 miles a week and do martial arts, plus hiking, golfing, skiing in the winter...coupled with a pretty fast metabolism, it is REALLY REALLY hard for me to gain haha.

It's a good problem to have though, and I know that. Just need to eat like a maniac to gain any mass.

I know what you mean now days buttrustme,when I was 25 and no matter. What I did could not get over 130 sucks

This is kinda how it was for me in high school but it came down to what I was eating. Im 6'2" and in hs was 130lbs but thought i ate everything. Truthfully it was all junk and not what would actually help me grow. 8 years later im 175 and realizing that if i eat properly and workout im growing much much faster than ever before. Good carbs haha and for the skinny hard gainers TRUST ME i feel you pain. Its not easy and hard sometimes to "just eat". I wish i could fit as much into my little system as my buddy who puts on muscle like crazy haha. We just gotta be smart about it and work a bit differently. Stick with it tho and you'll see results. My goal is 185 eventually and hope to get there.

Need to get back to the gym. I tweaked my back horsing around with my kids at the pool a few days ago, but if I can swing a golf club, I can lift some weights. This vacation has softened me up way too much. Gonna be a rude awakening on Monday.

This is kinda how it was for me in high school but it came down to what I was eating. Im 6'2" and in hs was 130lbs but thought i ate everything. Truthfully it was all junk and not what would actually help me grow. 8 years later im 175 and realizing that if i eat properly and workout im growing much much faster than ever before. Good carbs haha and for the skinny hard gainers TRUST ME i feel you pain. Its not easy and hard sometimes to "just eat". I wish i could fit as much into my little system as my buddy who puts on muscle like crazy haha. We just gotta be smart about it and work a bit differently. Stick with it tho and you'll see results. My goal is 185 eventually and hope to get there.
The meathead in me hears hardgainer and I interpret that to "doesn't eat and sleep enough." But I do understand that the struggle is real. I'm lucky in that I have never had issues putting on weight. My problem is how I put on weight..........I love pizza and beer

The meathead in me hears hardgainer and I interpret that to "doesn't and sleep enough." But I do understand that the struggle is real. I'm lucky in that I have never had issues putting on weight. My problem is how I put on weight..........I love pizza and beer
Haha totally understand. My buddies are built like tanks, and seem to just build muscle like crazy. I honestly use to say it's "impossible for me to gain weight" but like i mentioned before, i literally just had no clue. It was absolutely my lack of info and lack of a plan that was holding me back. I dont post in here (might change that) but I actually just started back on my routine and have already gained 6lbs in 7 weeks. I know some will be like wow thats it but im super happy knowing that its not impossible, we just gotta work at it haha. Solid routine and really planning out my diet has done amazing things for my previously scrawny ass hahaha. Still feel im skinny for my height but holy hell its hard for me to imagine being 45lbs smaller now!! Gotta let dem muscles grow! Honestly blu no bs i do lurk and follow your posts from time to time and you seem to know quite a bit and i like your input so dont mind me if i start to pick ur brain a bit for some info if i start posting in here more. Any help in hitting my 185lb goal will be appreciated.

The meathead in me hears hardgainer and I interpret that to "doesn't eat and sleep enough." But I do understand that the struggle is real. I'm lucky in that I have never had issues putting on weight. My problem is how I put on weight..........I love pizza and beer

Hahaha who doesn't? Pizza and beer diet sounds good to me. Look how happy this guy is!

unhealthy_fat_man_sitting_couch_drinking_beer_eating_cg2p123730c.jpg

Ryan, enjoy that metabolism while you have it. That was me until about age 35!

So far so good in my travel eating habits this week. No fast food and all healthy eating and snacking. No alcoholic drinks in 10 days now. Not as much exercise as I would like, but will get some in tomorrow with a round of golf. No scale so I can't tell what my weight is but pants and shorts are already feeling a little bigger on me.

Ryan, enjoy that metabolism while you have it. That was me until about age 35!

So far so good in my travel eating habits this week. No fast food and all healthy eating and snacking. No alcoholic drinks in 10 days now. Not as much exercise as I would like, but will get some in tomorrow with a round of golf. No scale so I can't tell what my weight is but pants and shorts are already feeling a little bigger on me.
Good deal Barry, keep it up! Yeah, travel is always a tough one for fitness, both in getting the exercise and not eating like crap.

Power cleans last night. I worked up to a heavy single.

Just bought a new pair of running shoes last night, mine were shot so far to hell it isn't funny haha. Looking forward to the first outing with them probably tonight, my knees already feel better!

Just bought a new pair of running shoes last night, mine were shot so far to hell it isn't funny haha. Looking forward to the first outing with them probably tonight, my knees already feel better!

It may have been posted in this thread before, but have you tried the lace lock method of tying you running shoes? New running shoes that are properly fit to me and the lace lock method go a long way (for me) to minimize joint pain after running.

http://vitals.lifehacker.com/prevent-running-shoe-blisters-with-a-lace-lock-1685672535

What are you going to be using these running shoes for? Other than running?

It may have been posted in this thread before, but have you tried the lace lock method of tying you running shoes? New running shoes that are properly fit to me and the lace lock method go a long way (for me) to minimize joint pain after running.

http://vitals.lifehacker.com/prevent-running-shoe-blisters-with-a-lace-lock-1685672535

Funny you should mention that, I'd not tried it until last night at the shop when the guy laced em up that way. I was like "what the heck did you just do?" and he said it was the lace lock. I really liked the feel of it for the little bit of jogging I did to get a feel for the shoes.

Totally agree. I've always just bought whatever felt good off the rack and was on sale, but I've been having some weird tendon pain near my left knee running in my old shoes, so I decided to try having an expert opinion this time. Found out I'm a neutral pronator, and that the shoes I was wearing are a size and a half too big... :banghead:

What are you going to be using these running shoes for? Other than running?

These are pretty much going to be exclusively for road and trail running. Possibly some gym use. But no casual wear, I want them to last as long as possible for running. Why do you ask?

Why do you ask?

I can't speak for blugold, but from what I've read in this thread it sounds like running would be less than ideal for your goal to gain solid mass. Sprinting sounds like it would be much more beneficial for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back