2015 Open Championship Contest & Thread

DJ has a look I've seen before... Just hope he can bring it for 72 holes this time bc he's my pick

With Rickie winning, DJ is the new Chick-Fil-A employee of the month...Closed on Sundays.

Well to be fair Tiger has won 2 out of the 3 times he played St. Andrews as a pro, and his struggles should be negated here(on paper atleast). Plus he is one of the greatest golfers of all time. So with Rory gone, outside of Spieth, if you had to pick 1 person I could see how somebody would pick Tiger.

Jack Nicklaus is one of the greats too, and if he were in the field, I am not sure how many would have gone that route. :D

Spieth was the most selected player in the contest.
Second was guess who? Tiger Woods.
Yeah that second name is playing really bad on an easy course

With Rickie winning, DJ is the new Chick-Fil-A employee of the month...Closed on Sundays.

Let's hope he can remember to stop in on Saturday to buy a party platter and have some for Sunday.

Hahahahahaha that's fantastic.

Also, I always find myself wanting Chick-Fil-A on Sundays too. So cruel.

Luke Donald looking sporty in the red pants

Man Lingmerth is a complete 180 from the front

Jack Nicklaus is one of the greats too, and if he were in the field, I am not sure how many would have gone that route. :D

C'mon, you know that's just wrong. 3 years ago people were writing Tiger off and he won 5 times the following year. Did Nicklaus win 5 tournaments 2 years ago?

Hahahahahaha that's fantastic.

Also, I always find myself wanting Chick-Fil-A on Sundays too. So cruel.

The crazy part is the dude is so blah, that he has a short memory. His failures are never in his mind, so not sure what it is that keeps him from delivering. But Sundays are his cryptonite...Along with unique female choices, bad habits and putting in spots.

C'mon, you know that's just wrong. 3 years ago people were writing Tiger off and he won 5 times the following year. Did Nicklaus win 5 tournaments 2 years ago?
But they it play like old men now

Im not questioning their choices. But 2nd most selected for a guy that has missed more cuts recently than he has made. Shot 85 a few weeks back and excitement shoots up because he breaks the top 40? Reminds me of Ali vs Holmes.

Lingmerth, leaking oil fast!

The point is TW has not shown any type of championship form and there are better options in the field if you do your homework for a contest pick. It's blind faith in TW that isn't warranted anymore. #LemmingPick

The point is TW has not shown any type of championship form and there are better options in the field if you do your homework for a contest pick. It's blind faith in TW that isn't warranted anymore. #LemmingPick

The irony is I expected him (and have said so) to play well here. I said top 15 is in his sights if the putting holds up due to his draw.

Well to be fair Tiger has won 2 out of the 3 times he played St. Andrews as a pro, and his struggles should be negated here(on paper atleast). Plus he is one of the greatest golfers of all time. So with Rory gone, outside of Spieth, if you had to pick 1 person I could see how somebody would pick Tiger.
8n years since his last major, 2 years from his last win and two weeks from his first under par performance in 2015.. I thank those that picked him, it makes my picks that much better and increases my odds cuz all those picks are done.

Man this side of the draw has it easy dont they? Scoring conditions set up for going REALLY low. Weather rounds are going to be rough. Heck I think there are only a handful of guys on the wrong side of par so far.

The irony is I expected him (and have said so) to play well here. I said top 15 is in his sights if the putting holds up due to his draw.

I want him to get back to the top as bad as anyone else, but you just can't trust the guy right now on the course. He's in the "prove you can do it first" category for me before I pick him.

Why would JS be nervous. He hasn't shown nerves on tour, ever!

Why would JS be nervous. He hasn't shown nerves on tour, ever!

Cause Nate is not up yet and he wants to make sure that when he rises there is something to smile about.

Yea I'm a little nervous about my second pick, as he is in the second wave today...

Same here. I thought he could chase a top 20. I'm really surprised he is sticking with the conservative game plan. This course is one he should be hitting his Driver on. Rough isn't bad.

Cause Nate is not up yet and he wants to make sure that when he rises there is something to smile about.
Texas strong

Back