2015 Open Championship Contest & Thread

Stenson with a dart, so weird seeing balls sucked back on these greens.

So the afternoon guys won't finish and have to come back in the am to finish the round.. Wonder how that affects them. Play faster to get as many holes in as possible?

So the afternoon guys won't finish and have to come back in the am to finish the round.. Wonder how that affects them. Play faster to get as many holes in as possible?

i was wondering something similar, because there has always been the comment about pros playing faster when they need to

If I'm out of this contest by today at least I'll be able to enjoy the weekend of it haha. And my fantasy team is doing pretty well

DW with another birdie to go to -10. If the conditions stay like this for the rest of his round, the way he is rolling the rock, he could get to -13 or -14.

Sarcasm? I gotta be missing something.

Won't get finished with his round before sundown. Has to come back tomorrow morning.

Weather will probably keep him from finishing his round today.

Gotcha, was associating playing weekend with making cut. Makes sense now.

Of course this is the first major this year I dont have Willett on my Fantasy Team

I kinda want one of those big pillows the people are sitting/laying on

This tournament makes me laugh a bit. The only defense a course like this has against the players of today is terrible weather. So before the event even starts, you know it's the luck of the weather that will decide it.

Yeah, I enjoy watching when they make them play in the pouring rain and high wind conditions.

Very true... Even funnier is trying to be a weatherman to predict the fantasy team. Only had 3 guys in the afternoon wave, everyone else is on the course currently

This tournament makes me laugh a bit. The only defense a course like this has against the players of today is terrible weather. So before the event even starts, you know it's the luck of the weather that will decide it.

There is definitely a lot of luck when it comes to weather, even more than most tournaments. However, it's cool to see how different the course can play depending on the ever-changing conditions. I like when the weather turns to crap and you can see who has a more complete game.

from what i hear they cant make it any longer, is part of the problem here the lack of higher fescue, softer conditions than normal? i know in 2010 the scores were low as well. is the most fair option at this course to send players off on 1 and 10 during rounds 1 and 2?

There is definitely a lot of luck when it comes to weather, even more than most tournaments. However, it's cool to see how different the course can play depending on the ever-changing conditions. I like when the weather turns to crap and you can see who has a more complete game.

Me too, and it happens every year. The problem is that it does not happen for everybody. Certainly I know the weather will play a role in every event to some extent. However on this specific course, it is the ONLY defense to the golfers of today.

Luck of the draw for times for sure.

On the flip side you would think the late guys at watching/listening to as much of the coverage as they can to prepare. Listening & watching a lot of good tips can be picked up on how to play the holes around the loop that are giving guys fits.

Havent noticed anyone say Day. Im sure most took Spieth instead

I have Day, but I figured nearly everyone would take Speith and DJ, so I went with Fowler as well.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Me too, and it happens every year. The problem is that it does not happen for everybody. Certainly I know the weather will play a role in every event to some extent. However on this specific course, it is the ONLY defense to the golfers of today.

They could put Mike Davis in charge and install terrible greens and a few windmills.

Yep, pretty much true for all links courses. There's definitely luck involved to be in the 1/2 of the field that gets the good weather, which seems unfortunate for a major.

Going to be a long day for a few people - quick look at the tee times for today and I saw some people due off at 19:05

Guessing they will be finishing rounds tomorrow morning assuming the weather doesn't cause more delays

That would tick me off.

Teeing off at 7:05 PM and playing 5 holes and going back in for darkness.

You'd almost just want to play 36 tomorrow.

Back