PING G30 SF Tec Driver - THP Review Thread

Bought my son a 12*....one of the best buys in my lifetime

Pretty funny seeing the reaction of a 13yr old out driving his old man.... PRICELESS

Bought my son a 12*....one of the best buys in my lifetime

Pretty funny seeing the reaction of a 13yr old out driving his old man.... PRICELESS
That's awesome, I love it. What shaft and flex did you get him?

Yeah I would defiantly get check out on what loft you need to get that optimal ball flight. I was getting good direction and low-mid flight with it when I got fitted. I also got the Tour 65 shaft in it so the probably keeps it lower also. But yeah IDK how I would do with a 12*, would defiantly be interesting.

I normally play a 10.5 degree head, sometimes lofted up 1 degree. When I went to a ping demo day I couldn't hit the 10.5 very far, even lofted up.
The rep then put me in the 12 deg head +1 and BAM. Never ever played a driver at 13 degrees but this one is money.

I normally play a 10.5 degree head, sometimes lofted up 1 degree. When I went to a ping demo day I couldn't hit the 10.5 very far, even lofted up.
The rep then put me in the 12 deg head +1 and BAM. Never ever played a driver at 13 degrees but this one is money.
What shaft were you using when you demoed it? I got fitted into the tour 65 one.

I just ordered a 12* with a TFC-419 Regular Shaft....All the info I have been reading indicates that the Tour 65 shaft does promote a lower trajectory due to a stiffer tip. Anyway, should have mine by Saturday and will give it a run over the next few days. One of my golfing buddies has a SF Tec 12* with the 419 regular shaft and he's killing straight down the middle. I tried his a few times and.....oh well...that cost me money.

Good luck with yours Coers......

I just ordered a 12* with a TFC-419 Regular Shaft....All the info I have been reading indicates that the Tour 65 shaft does promote a lower trajectory due to a stiffer tip. Anyway, should have mine by Saturday and will give it a run over the next few days. One of my golfing buddies has a SF Tec 12* with the 419 regular shaft and he's killing straight down the middle. I tried his a few times and.....oh well...that cost me money.

Good luck with yours Coers......
Thank you sir!! Say I forgot to post but Tuesday I had my lesson and we worked on the driver a little and I put it on the big+ and seen much better flight. I really need to work on my swing though because I come in low so my tee height is like a 3wood which doesn't help. I sometimes have problems hitting up on the ball.

First day on the course with the Ping SF Tec....love the way this driver feels and how straight my drives were. Not much to brag about, but I had my lowest score of the year with the help of this driver. It has found a place in my bag :act-up:

First day on the course with the Ping SF Tec....love the way this driver feels and how straight my drives were. Not much to brag about, but I had my lowest score of the year with the help of this driver. It has found a place in my bag :act-up:
That's awesome man. Keep it up and they'll get lower...

Had a chance to trackman this against my k15. 2 mph more avg SS and about 7 yards more carry but about the same estimated total distance. Higher launch but 250rpm lower spin. Similar dispersion. Nice but not worth the $$ as much as I play. Very good stick though. Had a chance to test the Fly Z as well. Longer for me but wider dispersion.

Not too proud to admit when I need help.

Played this yesterday, and aside from one snapper in the water, it was the first decent round I've had off the tee in a long time. I will say that coming from the High Heat, it sounds pretty quiet lol. However, there is a very un-solid feeling to it. I'd hit the ball, think I missed high because it was clanky, and then the ball mark was near center.

Regardless, I wanted to smooch it.

PING G30 SF Tec Driver - THP Review Thread

Ping drivers just work.

They are never the most pretty , best sounding , etc but at least in my experience they just flat out work.

Hence wanting to buy the ls tec for no good reason .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ping drivers just work.

They are never the most pretty , best sounding , etc but at least in my experience they just flat out work.

Hence wanting to buy the ls tec for no good reason .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Helped me get the face closed for sure. I do like that it's not all offset like some slice correcters.

Helped me get the face closed for sure. I do like that it's not all offset like some slice correcters.

Hawk, can you compare the SF Tec to the 588 Altitude driver ?
I've been playing the 10* SF Tec for a year now with various shafts (Tour 65 S, Tour 65 R, TFC189 S and most recently a Graman Limey UL 440 R tipped 1/2"). It's been the most consistently long driver I've attempted. And I'm around 50% fw hit with probably less than 1 Ob tee shot on avg a round (not a long hitter 210-240, 89-94 mph swinger). So I'm in play probably 95% of the time and our rough is not punishing around here.

I bring up the 588 because since April added the Altitude irons, Smart Sole wedges and my cap has gone from an 18 to a 13 this season since adding them. Oh and just picked up a 588 5w thats working as well. Thought I'd give the driver a whirl too given my success with the 588 Cleveland's this year. Worth the experiment or not ?

You can get those drivers VERY cheap so might not be a bad experiment. I have played both and while I love the 588 line the Ping G30 driver for me was WAY better.

Hawk, can you compare the SF Tec to the 588 Altitude driver ?
I've been playing the 10* SF Tec for a year now with various shafts (Tour 65 S, Tour 65 R, TFC189 S and most recently a Graman Limey UL 440 R tipped 1/2"). It's been the most consistently long driver I've attempted. And I'm around 50% fw hit with probably less than 1 Ob tee shot on avg a round (not a long hitter 210-240, 89-94 mph swinger). So I'm in play probably 95% of the time and our rough is not punishing around here.

I bring up the 588 because since April added the Altitude irons, Smart Sole wedges and my cap has gone from an 18 to a 13 this season since adding them. Oh and just picked up a 588 5w thats working as well. Thought I'd give the driver a whirl too given my success with the 588 Cleveland's this year. Worth the experiment or not ?

In my opinion, no. I mean, experimenting is fun, but I wouldn't mess with success, especially with the Altitude. I never really saw much success with that one for whatever reason.

Not too proud to admit when I need help.

Played this yesterday, and aside from one snapper in the water, it was the first decent round I've had off the tee in a long time. I will say that coming from the High Heat, it sounds pretty quiet lol. However, there is a very un-solid feeling to it. I'd hit the ball, think I missed high because it was clanky, and then the ball mark was near center.

Regardless, I wanted to smooch it.

my complaint about every ping offering other than the s56 irons i hit several years ago. i would always feel like i almost missed the ball, but contact was good. as many people that love ping, i figured there's something wrong with me. glad to know i'm not the only one!

my complaint about every ping offering other than the s56 irons i hit several years ago. i would always feel like i almost missed the ball, but contact was good. as many people that love ping, i figured there's something wrong with me. glad to know i'm not the only one!

Weirdest thing ever. Very clanky and it makes me curse myself on good shots lol.

Weirdest thing ever. Very clanky and it makes me curse myself on good shots lol.
For such a good performing line like the g30 is, they screwed the pooch on acoustics.

Ahh well. Right now it's my best friend. Anything to erase the memories of two weeks ago.

I bet that would really help actually.

I bet that would really help actually.
Yep, it works for sure. Someday I'm going to learn how to and get a hot melt/rat glue setup though.

Back