Callaway Supersoft Ball

well, I'm all in on SS now... Lost Balls running BF specials and I bought a zillion of them to get to free shipping ($50). I'll be hitting these for a while...

I think 3w is now the play off the tee for this hole when using the Callaway Supersoft.

eb4e99bf83cf5f2b6c5e446e5ba5180e.jpg

d895c2b38d1a4632a06b95e23b70f161.jpg

Didn't realize it wasn't showing the whole hole on the gps. It's a dog leg right, and I cut the corner and still went through the fairway.

Last edited:
Alright, I played a round with these today.

First off, I have been using the SR2 since they were released earlier this year. I always hated spending that much for balls and would usually hunt for sales or use coupons, etc. So, buying a box of supersoft balls for $20 was a huge relief. But would they perform well enough for me to use them in place of the SR2?

For me, that answer today is a resounding YES!!! Holy cow for the price these balls are fantastic!!! Heck I like them BETTER than the SR2 around the greens. Here are some highlights:

-Weather: high cloud layer with periods of sun, high 60's. Little wind, if any.
-SS is 100-105ish for me with a driver.
-Off the tee: the ball goes just as far as the SR2 from what I can tell. In some cases, I was further up than normal. I think there is a little increased sidespin though, but part of that could be my swing today. Either way, I was impressed.
-Off the irons: no real difference here for me between the SR2 and Supersoft. The SR2 sounds a little nicer, but the ball flight/etc was all the same.
-Wedges around the green: this is where the ball shined for me. I couldn't believe the spin I saw. I was in a greenside bunker about 20 yards from the pin. I popped out, and for the first time ever, the ball hopped once and CHECKED BACKWARDS and I missed holing out by about 2 feet. It was my highlight shot of the day. I've never been able to check much out of a bunker, certainly not backwards. The SR2 would hop a few times and then stop nicely, but never like this. I had a few other pitch shots check up very nicely.
-Putter: what can I say? The sound is a little different but nothing that bothers me. The feel is amazing. It's so soft. I was leaving putts short all day.

Maybe I didn't have super high expectations because of my "unconscious price-bias", but color me super impressed. I will be using these from now on instead of the SR2. To use a car analogy, I feel like this is sort of like Porsche with their 911 and Cayman lines. The 911 is the premium performer - classy, desirable, and expensive. The Supersoft is the Cayman S - flies under the radar, considered "entry-level" in their lineup, but actually the better balanced and performing car in many situations.

All of this to say that I can't wait to try the "new" classified Callaway ball coming in January that some of you have already used.

Resurrecting this as with all the focus on the Chrome Soft, I still think the Super Soft is one of the best ball values out there. The last several times I've been to Roger Dunn they don't have ANY white Super Softs in stock, and only a few yellows. I was talking to one of the employees, and he said they just fly off the shelves. Are you guys experiencing the same?

Resurrecting this as with all the focus on the Chrome Soft, I still think the Super Soft is one of the best ball values out there. The last several times I've been to Roger Dunn they don't have ANY white Super Softs in stock, and only a few yellows. I was talking to one of the employees, and he said they just fly off the shelves. Are you guys experiencing the same?
In a word, yes. I still love the SS. And you can tell it's doing well because it's price has gone UP over the last year, not down.

I definitely am a fan of the supersoft. Seems to be a good all around ball even for a high handicapper like myself. Picked up a few dozen when amazon had them for 15.99 a few months back.

My wife just picked me up 3 dozen on her way home from work!

Nice!
I really liked this ball last year.

I love the SS, I use it as sort of a confidence booster for me. I play those and the Chromesoft and when I'm not playing well the SS just helps me play better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recently had a Bridgestone ball fitting and was told I need a low spin ball. They recommended the E6. I was at Academy and decided to look at other balls that were low compression and low spin. The salesman pointed me to this ball and said they fly off the shelves. After reading the back of the box, I decided to give these a try as well as the E6. I played in a scramble yesterday and was going to use both balls just to see which one I liked best. After I crushed my first tee shot with this ball, I never gave the E6 another thought. These felt so good and my drives were the best I've seen all year. They are so easy to compress but the ball flight is piercing for me and I get much better distance.

I still plan to test them against the E6 and the Lady Precept but my first impressions are really good. I like the price and colors too. I now own white, pink and yellow since I won $100 in the tournament and used some of it to buy balls.

I recently had a Bridgestone ball fitting and was told I need a low spin ball. They recommended the E6. I was at Academy and decided to look at other balls that were low compression and low spin. The salesman pointed me to this ball and said they fly off the shelves. After reading the back of the box, I decided to give these a try as well as the E6. I played in a scramble yesterday and was going to use both balls just to see which one I liked best. After I crushed my first tee shot with this ball, I never gave the E6 another thought. These felt so good and my drives were the best I've seen all year. They are so easy to compress but the ball flight is piercing for me and I get much better distance.

I still plan to test them against the E6 and the Lady Precept but my first impressions are really good. I like the price and colors too. I now own white, pink and yellow since I won $100 in the tournament and used some of it to buy balls.
I played these against the Bstone Lady ball too yesterday KB. This ball felt pretty good to me. My longest drives of the day came with it.

Still been my gamer since I tried it. Best value on the market.

I also play these over the Duo and E6. Straighter and longer ball

I am a firm believer in these balls! I am hitter them longer and straighter than any ball that I have played.

The Supersoft is a really nice ball. They feel great off irons and at the price point they are I don't feel that guilty when I lose them. I like that the Callaway balls are so bright too, I used some yellow Duos last year and they were quite dull in appearance by comparison.

Dave

I haven't really seen that much of a difference between these and the Chrome Soft. Both perform very well for this high handicapper.

Just gotta bounce this thread. This ball is not getting the attention it deserves. Yes, I like the ChromeSoft. Played a round with them Wednesday and shot a nice clean 79. Played the SuperSoft today, same score and I have to say, to me, there is very little difference between these balls except of course $17 or so a dozen.

Ball spins just fine. Wedges, 6i from 174... All pretty much stopped dead in their tracks. Great ball and particularly for the $.

Just gotta bounce this thread. This ball is not getting the attention it deserves. Yes, I like the ChromeSoft. Played a round with them Wednesday and shot a nice clean 79. Played the SuperSoft today, same score and I have to say, to me, there is very little difference between these balls except of course $17 or so a dozen.

Ball spins just fine. Wedges, 6i from 174... All pretty much stopped dead in their tracks. Great ball and particularly for the $.

Agreed, it is a really good ball and the price point is great as well.

I haven't really seen that much of a difference between these and the Chrome Soft. Both perform very well for this high handicapper.
I posted my comparison of CS vs SS in the CS thread. In summary, the spinnier behavior of the CS is cool, but I get better results with SS, and they are about a € cheaper per ball to boot.

I love the CS but I really do like the SS just as much. Depending on how I'm swinging that day one ball outperforms the other for me but with my slower swing speed it's usually the SS.

Was playing a round on my home course this week and had been saving a Chrome Soft I had found to give a try after I had passed the watery holes! One last danger tee shot with water left so saved the ball and hit driver, contact felt a bit open face so expected to leak right but ball strangely rose in height and had tiny draw catching fringe of right edge, checked in my pocket for the ball swap and I had mistakenly used the Callaway, hmm impressed by shot shape.

I got to the ball and checked it out and ball was not a Chrome but was a Super Soft that I didn't know I had! Played the last 6 holes with SS, and had some great strikes with noticeable extra height in irons and struck 2 lay up 5 irons on par 5's which both rocketed off to nearer 190 when I was hoping for 175. Also hit one 3h 225 with beautiful draw on a par 4 after topping tee shot, this got me upto around green which was great.

cant really comment on green side feel or spin as never really had any half shots in with wedges, did finish with a nice controlled PW into 18th Island green from 120 for safe par.

I was given a dozen of these SS balls when I won my V Series driver from Callaway but have never used them, so i am really intrigued by them on this short action and having read lots of reviews now they may be just what I need for my 90-95 swing as tee shots are my weakest part, so extra control and straighter shots would be nice. Watch this space!

I have used the SS since they came out. I have liked it since then and have played nothing else.

I'm loving the Supersoft. The feel off the putter is urethane like but much more durable around the course.

I played a pink one of these I found in a cup for 9 holes yesterday, reminds me of the Lady Precept, fun ball.

I played a pink one of these I found in a cup for 9 holes yesterday, reminds me of the Lady Precept, fun ball.

I'm sure you rocked the pink. :)

I had an opposite experience. I was on a trip and ran out of SS's on the 3rd day of golf in 5. I was "forced" into play some ProV1s that I found on the course. Man I missed the SSs, though it was cool to see some of the wedge shots with the ProV1s.

Back