What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caddied for my buddy in the Cleveland Am qualifier today. He started off shaky, probably nerves. Probably the most up and down round ever. Had 6 bogies and 6 birdies. Shot an even par 71. And when we left the course he was 1 off the lead. Hopefully tomorrow he's more steady cause he can really win this thing. He's done it twice before!

He is in fact 1 behind and in final group today. It's #gotime!

Man, kindof left the course today with a bad taste left in our mouths. Started the day 1 off the lead in the final group. Started rough once again. We were +3 after 4. And once again fought our way back. Finished the front 9 +2 and 3 behind the leader.

Proceeded to make birdie on 10,11,13 and with the leader stumbling home found ourselves 3 strokes clear of him and in cruise control. Gave 1 back on the par 3 15th with a unfortunate bounce.

On 16, 345 yard par 4 up hill slight dogleg right, we drove the green sitting about 40ft away for eagle. This is when the round fell apart, crazy I know.

Ended up 3 putting for par on that hole, followed up by another 3 putt on 17. At least two stroke given back right there. On 18, another semi short par 4, we found ourselves green side off the tee (my buddy is stupid long off the tee). Couldn't manage to get up and down for the bird and we ended up in 2nd place. Lost by 3 shots. Not how we wanted to end the tourney but we qualified for the Cleveland AM in two weeks, so back to work we go.

I took the day off from golf today, rode my Harley to Woodstock Ga to take part the the funeral services
for Lance Corporal Skip Wells. He was one of the Marines that was killed in Chattanoga.

I went up to my home course to practice short game. Got sidetracked buying a dozen last year e5's and hitting hybrids in the fitting bay (thumbs up to the XR's and G30s, not so much on the BB815s), then a full fledged deluge opened up and I came home.

I took the day off from golf today, rode my Harley to Woodstock Ga to take part the the funeral services
for Lance Corporal Skip Wells. He was one of the Marines that was killed in Chattanoga.

Well done buddy. You Marines share a special brotherhood for sure ..

Played a round at Sudden Valley with Skibumgolfer. Wasn't our best scoring day but very enjoyable none the less.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Hit 75 balls, mostly to work with my driver.

Went out for two hours of practice tonight, playing #3 (155 yard par 3) and #4, a par 5. Been having iron problems for a while so I started on the par 3 and spent an hour hitting 5 irons from the whites and 8 irons from the reds. Then an hour hitting drives on the par 5. The problem with this is that it's not like a driving range, because you have to go get all the balls! I lost a few because I couldn't remember where they all went! Finished up with 15 shots to the #4 green from 100 yards with a PW. Eight shots ended up on the green, four were near the green and three were horrible.

Figured out what I needed to though, and now I just gotta make myself slow down and not awing so hard. I knew it all along, but when you don't get to a range very often, it's hard to make yourself realie what you gotta do. Just need to trust it when we play for real. We may play tomorrow if Jacqui wants to deal with the temps.

Played 18 with my cousin and two nice ladies that we were paired up with and finally caught up with Legacy Sunday

Went to the range to work on my shanks. Made some progress but they are still there. This is the third year in a row that I have enjoyed my best two weeks of golf and then out of no where, the shanks rear their ugly head. Very frustrating.

Headed to the range during lunch to work on my tee game. I have no idea what happened this past Saturday, but I could not get off the tee well to save my life. A 2 way miss is extremely difficult to play and it ruined any chance I had to score well. Even my go-to, fairway finding 7 wood was problematic.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Going to play 18 holes in 90° heat with 80% humidity. No pain, no gain.

Cleaned and regripped a few of my clubs. Ready to play tomorrow

No meetings this morning, headed to the club to practice with the Scotty Cameron. Still getting used to it but happy to give it allllll the time it needs ;)

I hit the range and practice area hard today. A solid 2 hours to get back into shape and boy was it hot. 92* was rough.

Lesson.
Temp at 8:00 AM was 94* and humid. 92 is a great day!!

Lesson.
Temp at 8:00 AM was 94* and humid. 92 is a great day!!

You buried the lead here. It was humid in Arizona?

Played 9 holes on a par three course. Shot a 29 with two three putts. Putting is still holding me back.

Hit a bucket and a half of balls and worked on short game and putting.

18 holes at our favorite course on a golf date with my wife. Always the best of times.

$5 large bucket night at the local driving range.

Hit the range, tested out the XR on flightscope and unimpressed with my numbers I produced. The launch was low 10*, smash factor was 1.63. For a total of 246 yards very short on average compared to other drivers I have hit. Believe it was because of my swing was not there and the shaft not being right for me

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

2 hours on the range working on the OTT move and extension, along with getting some quality time in with #TheHandCraftedExperience test shaft.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I bought another club...it's a sickness!!!!!

This time it was an Exotics 19* XCG7 Beta Hybrid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back