2015 Fitness and Working Out Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys and your crazy workouts. :D

Mine only gets crazy when I'm trying to cut a lot of body fat. Usually it's a pretty standard 4 day split with cardio once a week.

This has been absolutely insane so far and I've still got 7 more weeks to go.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Mine only gets crazy when I'm trying to cut a lot of body fat. Usually it's a pretty standard 4 day split with cardio once a week.

This has been absolutely insane so far and I've still got 7 more weeks to go.

Twelve week program?

8 week

Had my session last night and did some good dead lifts. Feeling better about my squats and doing the form correctly. Progress is nice and using chalk has really helped me..

Had my session last night and did some good dead lifts. Feeling better about my squats and doing the form correctly. Progress is nice and using chalk has really helped me..
I love chalk

I love chalk
Not gonna lie felt like a BA last night even though your weight puts me to shame.. At 156lbs I'm trying to get those gains!! If you wanna get better ya gotta eat bigger and lift bigger.

Not gonna lie felt like a BA last night even though your weight puts me to shame.. At 156lbs I'm trying to get those gains!! If you wanna get better ya gotta eat bigger and lift bigger.

I don't like that you feel "put to shame". It's not about proving anything to anybody but to yourself. I have been at this for a little bit longer and put a lot of time and sweat equity into it. The gym is not a place to prove to anybody how stronger you are. The person you have to answer to is yourself. Be proud that you're pulling heavy. It should mean a lot to you because not a lot of people are willing to suffer through improvement.

At the gym I train at, there is a man who lifts there who is a high ranked super heavy weight powerlifter in the state. There is an 18 year old that won State Juniors. There is a guy who won a USPL raw event in the heavy weight class. A man that has finished 9th in the World's Strongest Man competitions. There is another guy who has won state level strongman competitions and pulls 700 lbs as a warmup. There is another guy who is a fitness model sponsored by Optimum Nutrition. There is also a 4x defending World Champion powerlifter. I am not at their levels, not even close. But what it does is inspire me to push myself to be better and stronger than I was yesterday. Don't ever be ashamed because you are not at their levels. But always surround yourself with people who inspire you to be better, anywhere really.

I don't post those videos to show off. I post them to help motivate somebody to push themselves. If those videos are intimidating or are coming across as showing off, I will stop posting them. But please know, my intentions are not to make you, or anybody, feel shamed.

I don't like that you feel "put to shame". It's not about proving anything to anybody but to yourself. I have been at this for a little bit longer and put a lot of time and sweat equity into it. The gym is not a place to prove to anybody how stronger you are. The person you have to answer to is yourself. Be proud that you're pulling heavy. It should mean a lot to you because not a lot of people are willing to suffer through improvement.

At the gym I train at, there is a man who lifts there who is a high ranked super heavy weight powerlifter in the state. There is an 18 year old that won State Juniors. There is a guy who won a USPL raw event in the heavy weight class. A man that has finished 9th in the World's Strongest Man competitions. There is another guy who has won state level strongman competitions and pulls 700 lbs as a warmup. There is another guy who is a fitness model sponsored by Optimum Nutrition. There is also a 4x defending World Champion powerlifter. I am not at their levels, not even close. But what it does is inspire me to push myself to be better and stronger than I was yesterday. Don't ever be ashamed because you are not at their levels. But always surround yourself with people who inspire you to be better, anywhere really.

I don't post those videos to show off. I post them to help motivate somebody to push themselves. If those videos are intimidating or are coming across as showing off, I will stop posting them. But please know, my intentions are not to make you, or anybody, feel shamed.
I hear ya man, I felt good last night and that felt awesome. I'm proud of what I can do now. After you getting me to buy that book and working on my form I've improved. So glad I can do a squat properly and not hurt my back anymore. And I kept telling him last night to keep adding more.. I'm doing it to make me feel proud, look good and not be that little skinny guy anymore..

Keep it going dude!! I'm also on the path to gaining. We'll get there, just gotta work at it! And eat lol

Keep it going dude!! I'm also on the path to gaining. We'll get there, just gotta work at it! And eat lol
Oh yea I've increased my food and thinking about switching my protein. To maybe some mass gainer to add a little more but idk..

Oh yea I've increased my food and thinking about switching my protein. To maybe some mass gainer to add a little more but idk..
You could try that but my understanding is you should use those as like an aid but mostly just concentrate on a really good diet. I could be wrong tho. I use whey protein but not the "shake before, after, inbetween" kinda thing ive heard people say.

I hear ya man, I felt good last night and that felt awesome. I'm proud of what I can do now. After you getting me to buy that book and working on my form I've improved. So glad I can do a squat properly and not hurt my back anymore. And I kept telling him last night to keep adding more.. I'm doing it to make me feel proud, look good and not be that little skinny guy anymore..

I'm happy that book is paying off. It's a really important book for anybody like you, people tired of being the skinny guy. Keep eating. 4000-5000 calories a day. It's almost impossible to do that while eating clean. Do you know how much salad 5000 calories is?! Don't forget to get as much sleep as you can. Remember, you don't get stronger from lifting weights. You get stronger by recovering from lifting weights.

You could try that but my understanding is you should use those as like an aid but mostly just concentrate on a really good diet. I could be wrong tho. I use whey protein but not the "shake before, after, inbetween" kinda thing ive heard people say.

Whole milk. Whole milk is your friend. It's also important to remember to take in carbs and fat.

Will go get some man!!

Will go get some man!!

Do not be afraid to drink a gallon a day. I think that's very extreme, but it can be done. You will put on a bunch of weight doing it. But if you don't hit that gallon of milk a day (btw, if you read GOMAD that's what it stands for), just drink as much as you can.

Gallon of Milk a day.. dang.. I usually do that easy with water.. I'll have to go stock up..
Do not be afraid to drink a gallon a day. I think that's very extreme, but it can be done. You will put on a bunch of weight doing it. But if you don't hit that gallon of milk a day (btw, if you read GOMAD that's what it stands for), just drink as much as you can.

Pretty much coers its nice for guys like us to be able to eat a sh!t ton!! Long as we're working out and not just eating candy, the gains should come!

5 weeks in and now down overall 15.5 lbs., at 202.5 lbs. Dropped 1 lb this week while traveling! So that is great! Might have been more but I took a major cheat meal last night at the Savannah Invitational. Hoping I can drop below 200 lbs this coming week. Probably been about 8 years since I've been below that mark.

That "cheat" meal was pretty darn good. I took one as well. :D

That "cheat" meal was pretty darn good. I took one as well. :D

Hard not too. I'm sticking around a few more days, and going to try (somehow) to eat better for the next few days. I've got a target weight to get to, and I'm going to really hunker down on diet stuff.

Hard not too. I'm sticking around a few more days, and going to try (somehow) to eat better for the next few days. I've got a target weight to get to, and I'm going to really hunker down on diet stuff.
Go for a walk out to the golf course, or around Savannah. Do the following:
(f = fast, s = slow)
5 minutes warm-up (slowly speed up your pace)
4x (30s f / 30s s)
4x (1m f / 1m s)
2x (2m f / 2m s)
2x (1m f / 1m s)
4x (30s f / 30s s)
2 minutes cool-down

should be around 35 minutes. You'll get drenched. :)

Really good post. I freely admit that I didn't get where you are at/coming from for a long long time. As I have been on my journey (5 months now, quit smoking//started lifting), only more recently have I done a lot of reading about lifting. Learned about powerlifting vs bodybuilding vs fitness and etc (with 'vs' probably not quite being the right term), and how goals and methodologies can vary dramatically between them. Now, I don't know you but am more comfortable reading what you write and better understand where you are coming from. Thanks for helping us.

So, I have learned that me eating a TON, which I thought was primarily a byproduct of quitting smoking but also fueled by a lot of lifting (5 days a week for 5 months now), is actually helpful in terms of muscle gain....I'm 190 instead of my usual 175ish (at 6') and been feeling a little porky, but in reality I have no more fat on me than I ever did.

Really good post. I freely admit that I didn't get where you are at/coming from for a long long time. As I have been on my journey (5 months now, quit smoking//started lifting), only more recently have I done a lot of reading about lifting. Learned about powerlifting vs bodybuilding vs fitness and etc (with 'vs' probably not quite being the right term), and how goals and methodologies can vary dramatically between them. Now, I don't know you but am more comfortable reading what you write and better understand where you are coming from. Thanks for helping us.

So, I have learned that me eating a TON, which I thought was primarily a byproduct of quitting smoking but also fueled by a lot of lifting (5 days a week for 5 months now), is actually helpful in terms of muscle gain....I'm 190 instead of my usual 175ish (at 6') and been feeling a little porky, but in reality I have no more fat on me than I ever did.

6' 190#? You got room. It's easier to lose fat than it is to gain strength.

'vs' is definitely the right word. Different goals and means to which to achieve them. depending on who you’re talking with about them, lots of snobbery.

Reading what you guys are doing inspires me. I can't be the loudest voice in this thread and not keep up my training. You guys, keep being awesome.

Oh boy.

Squats killed me tonight, figuratively, sorry.

5 progressively heavier sets of 5 reps. A set of 3. Then a back off set of 8 reps. Brutal.

same structure on the bench. Lots of volume. Lots of love.

Thought I would post a different kind of work out ... 1hr tonight at Orangetheory, unfortunately my monitor did not read the for half the workout so unable to post results.

Good news after a couple of weeks of exercising my butt off, I starting to see some weight loss!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back