Up & Down w/ Cleveland Golf

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the last two years around this time I keep waiting to see if Cleveland put out a replacement line to replace the Altitudes. That would be sweet if that happens this year and you guys get to hit it.

I am so excited about this event for many reasons. First, its my first THP event and I'll get to actually put some faces with names. Second, just getting back into golf a year ago after about a 20 year layoff the only new clubs I have are 2 RTX2.0 wedges (which I bought before the event sign-ups by the way), a Cleveland 2hy and a TM R11s driver. Every other club is newer but purchased used so I have a strong feeling that after this event I may end up with a full Cleveland golf bag. I know this is a short game event but I'm weird like that. A company invests in me and I'm going to return the favor. Also, I can't wait to absorb all the knowledge that will be there as well. Last, but not last, I can't imagine the fun that awaits us!

For the last two years around this time I keep waiting to see if Cleveland put out a replacement line to replace the Altitudes. That would be sweet if that happens this year and you guys get to hit it.

As of right now there are no plans.

Just curious, if you can say anything JB, is Cleveland still planning on putting out a line of Drivers, Irons, etc... this fall or next year to replace the black cg line?
As of right now there are no plans.

A little bit of talk about this event this weekend when I played with JMan & Cookie. The one thing that was brought up: that these Cleveland guys are gonna be fun to be around.

Just curious, if you can say anything JB, is Cleveland still planning on putting out a line of Drivers, Irons, etc... this fall or next year to replace the black cg line?

Clevekand has 2 year release cycles and the black lone just came out so it wouldn't be til after next year for the next release. Based on previous videos with Cleveland that JB did I would guess there would be a follow on line and Cleveland golf clubs apwoukdnt be going away anytime soon

Thanks Emart.
Clevekand has 2 year release cycles and the black lone just came out so it wouldn't be til after next year for the next release. Based on previous videos with Cleveland that JB did I would guess there would be a follow on line and Cleveland golf clubs apwoukdnt be going away anytime soon

I'm not going to lie, my excitement level for the event just went up a few notches.

Let the boys know on social media if you are liking what you are seeing and where you are seeing it.
@ClevelandGolf @THPGolf

Man, if this works then I will be one happy go lucky camper coming out of CA come October. I never feel like I'm aligned correctly over the ball.

Man, if this works then I will be one happy go lucky camper coming out of CA come October. I never feel like I'm aligned correctly over the ball.
I'm curious to understand how it works - almost seems like you'd need a 2nd object to orient the line to (e.g., a 2nd lower white line) in order to confirm orientation / setup. But what do I know? I look forward to learning more about it and seeing how it works.

I'm curious to understand how it works - almost seems like you'd need a 2nd object to orient the line to (e.g., a 2nd lower white line) in order to confirm orientation / setup. But what do I know? I look forward to learning more about it and seeing how it works.

That is basically the entire point of the location of alignment. So you wont need confirmation, because it is dead set in the only place where it never varies.

I'm with ya. I don't quite understand how lowering the sight line will ensure proper alignment enough to make it mistake/care free but I'm sure the guys at Cleveland Golf do since it's been in the works for awhile. You know they have the proof and will be willing to educate us!

I'm with ya. I don't quite understand how lowering the sight line will ensure proper alignment enough to make it mistake/care free but I'm sure the guys at Cleveland Golf do since it's been in the works for awhile. You know they have the proof and will be willing to educate us!

Think sight line even with equator of ball where you hit it. Higher the line from that equator distorts alignment from the golfers POV.

Wait until Adam describes it very well.

For those having trouble trying to visualize how this helps, think of the putter head as a see saw. When looking at a see saw, the entire see saw appears to move -- except for one area -- the fulcrum. As the toe or heel go up and down, there is only one part on the putter that doesn't move. This is the fulcrum of the putter, and exactly where Cleveland has placed the alignment aide. Thus, no matter how much you have the toe in the air, or the heel off the ground, your alignment aide will always be in the center.

Have you ever been driving in a car and your speed limit says to you 55mph, but the passenger looks over and it looks like its at 50mph? That to me is the best way to describe where the alignment is, matters quite a bit.

and the SS TFI goes on the marketplace....

[evil laugh]

Have you ever been driving in a car and your speed limit says to you 55mph, but the passenger looks over and it looks like its at 50mph? That to me is the best way to describe where the alignment is, matters quite a bit.

Good way of thinking about it. I think that in terms of someone who tries to use a line on the ball it will help a lot. I have issues with trusting that line because I can't ever get it angled to my eye. If it is on the physical putter and center of the golf ball I would trust it being the right line a lot more.

I don't know if what I said makes sense to anyone else.

and the SS TFI goes on the marketplace....

[evil laugh]

Never!! Can you imagine this technology within the SS?!? Best of both worlds! Ha. I'll always keep the SS putter around but these putters look great!

Good way of thinking about it. I think that in terms of someone who tries to use a line on the ball it will help a lot. I have issues with trusting that line because I can't ever get it angled to my eye. If it is on the physical putter and center of the golf ball I would trust it being the right line a lot more.

I don't know if what I said makes sense to anyone else.

Im the guy who uses the letters on the ball to point me "in the direction" of the hole. I'm totally looking forward to this event and getting my short game under control. I currently use a tank 2ball and I'm not sold on the 2ball alignment yet... at least not for my putting stroke and style.

Very interesting putter there. I'm excited to try it out and return some great feedback to the forums. I am most curious in respect to the face of this putter. I see they have the milled face on top, but is that painted metal in between or a plastic / composite layer?

If you are in the event, give a follow to @asheldon74

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back